Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

MP Help

VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By VanRedd

I usually only play RTS games for the single player. They have done so much to try and get people into the multiplayer this time around that I really want to give it a shot but it is kind of daunting getting into all this build order stuff. If anyone has some really good sites or other resources that would really rock.

Battle.net: Van Redd

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...if you just want a site, TeamLiquid.net is the premier zone.  Or you could go to iccup's site for strats but due to Blizzard's shitty League System, it's not the best place to go to iccup at the moment.    

EDIT:  Even Brad knows about TeamLiquid and would highly recommend 'em.  If you want lessons and whatnot, I'm free after 2 p.m. tomorrow, and there's a practice day for GB users on Saturday.  Check out harris' thread.  I'll even be doing drills for newcomers.  :)

VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VanRedd

Thanks for the quick reply. I would definitely like to do some drills. I've never done much with hotkeying and the ins and outs of playing fast are something I just need to get in there and practice.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Drills? How would you do drills in SC2? I'm confused...

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I would recommend going onto YouTube and searching up the different strategies and build orders for your favourite race. Start off practicing those playing against the computer AI gradually cranking up the AI difficulty and then when you think you're getting good take them online.

I found watching videos of the high end players was actually really useful for showing you proper unit control and formations etc and they're also really entertaining to watch. Check out HD Starcraft's channel.

VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VanRedd

Awesome stuff. I got some good build stuff and am practicing my timing and how to play against the AI before I hit up online.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Drills? How would you do drills in SC2? I'm confused... "
    Start empty an empty melee game, practice your build order through the first 5 minutes of the game. While doing this, practice constant worker production, practice avoided supply caps, practice scouting and moving units while doing all this. Repeat.
    Don't overdo it though, if you really want to become better at the game, stuff like this is probably going to be the fastest route. But if this doesn't seem appealing, just keep playing and having fun, you'll improve eventually.
    VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VanRedd

I've been trying that out. It's helping me to try and decide what race to play as. I was going to go Protoss at first but now I think Terran may be the way to go at first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.