Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

One Month(+2 days) later, lets see your B.net Profile

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wchigo

I've been super busy with work unfortunately, so I'm still sitting at 9 1v1 game played, as well as still being in Gold league (though I was Bronze in beta phase 1, and Silver in phase 2).

I do have the Brutal campaign achievement though, I guess that's different. :p

AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AsianSwagger

Bronze in 1v1 when I first got it two or three weeks ago. Still Bronze. 

Although I've only played about 10 ranked matches.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Cirdain
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aetos

I had some really bad placement matches and landed in bronze. I then got bumped up into silver. I was in the top 5 and getting ready for gold, but I went on a 6 game losing streak. After that I spent two weeks playing nothing but custom games and I slowly slipped down the ladder. Now I'm makeing a big push again to try to get into gold. Ranked 5th right now.  

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Feanor
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047
    deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nephrahim
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    "  http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/572778/1/Stalorne/  Started in platinum, was bumped to diamond after about 3 weeks. Haven't played a ton lately, so when I do I feel like I get worse and worse everyday.  "
    Eh.  I always worry about that every time I take off a few days, but I'm finding SC2 is like riding a byicicle, I don't have trouble getting back in.
    devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By devosion
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raiz265
    Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Special_K
    Downside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Downside

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/523408/1/Downside/

It's pretty funny, I put off playing my placement matches for almost 2 weeks to try and prepare myself playing only custom games for the most part.  I probably had only won at a 30% clip in the custom games and I would of been lucky to have ever won 2 in a row.  Finally I decided to man up and just do my placement matches and I won the first 3 in a row(a huge surprise to me) and lost the next 2.  I was placed into silver, and proceeded to go 50/50 for awhile until 1 day I went something like 2-7 or something really terrible and the next day I started 1-1 and got dropped into bronze.  From then on I moved my way up to 1st and been holding down the top spot.  I really want a second chance at silver, put me in coach, I can do it!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoctorWelch
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/497271/1/DoctorWelch/     

I got placed in Silver and then proceeded to go 4-12. Then something clicked and now I feel like the only time I loose is if some dumb Protoss player cannon rushes me or proxy pylons me and I am too stupid to find it before its too late. I'm pretty confident I'll get into gold soon. 

Also, all of you people in Platinum or Diamond, how did you get that good. Did you play original Starcraft a lot or other just other RTS games or what?
    AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AsianSwagger
    @Downside said:
    "   http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/523408/1/Downside/  It's pretty funny, I put off playing my placement matches for almost 2 weeks to try and prepare myself playing only custom games for the most part.  I probably had only won at a 30% clip in the custom games and I would of been lucky to have ever won 2 in a row.  Finally I decided to man up and just do my placement matches and I won the first 3 in a row(a huge surprise to me) and lost the next 2.  I was placed into silver, and proceeded to go 50/50 for awhile until 1 day I went something like 2-7 or something really terrible and the next day I started 1-1 and got dropped into bronze.  From then on I moved my way up to 1st and been holding down the top spot.  I really want a second chance at silver, put me in coach, I can do it! "
    I said, sweep the leg!
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Rayeth
     http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/548639/1/Rayeth/

Yeah.  I really just need to play more 1v1.  I'm confident that I belong in platinum league somewhere or maybe low low diamond, but I just haven't had the time to play the games.  

I've been having a blast beating the campaign on hard and going for a bunch of the achievements too.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By m1k3
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wchigo
    @DoctorWelch: 
    Watching a lot of replays and in particular, the Day[9] dailies, is what really helped improve my game. I was a fairly one-dimensional player who turtled a lot and just did a lot of teching without making much of an army, to a player who knows how to translate the fundamentals into in-game success.

And at the lower levels, I would say that the fundamentals are what's most important. To paraphrase Day[9], at the lower levels you should focus on three things really: 1) constantly be making workers (SCVs, Drones or Probes), 2) keep your money low (this applies for the entire game, even after you take expansions) and 3) keep looking up at the top right corner of your screen to see what your food count is so you don't get supply blocked. If you can get a hang of those three things, you can easily get into Gold or even Platinum. In fact, I've even seen Platinum level players who can't don't necessarily have those three things down pat.

After you get those down you of course need to keep working on other things like scouting, watching the mini-map, etc, but if you try to focus on too many things at once that will probably be quite detrimental to your growth. Focus on one or two things at a time until you get them down and you start to do them naturally, then add other things in. Oh, and try not to worry about micro too much in the beginning. In fact, when you send your army to fight don't even really watch the fight. Just make sure you keep doing the regular things like building workers and supply depots or whatever, that's far more important in the long run.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @wchigo: Thanks that helps a lot. I actually just discovered Day9's awesome videos. They are soooooooooo helpful in soooooo many ways. After watching his one video when he played the very easy computer, and listening to him talk about expanding,  I have found that if I am 1.making sure my macro stays decent, and 2.expanding properly, I have been dominating people with only Marine Marauder. I went against a Zerg who had a shit load of banelings but because my macro was so good he couldnt stop wave after wave of my units. I also played a Protoss player who was sidestorming the shit out of my units but I overtook him because he was on one base and I was macroing effectively. I understand that eventually I will have to scout a lot and understand what my opponent is doing so I can adjust as well as making higher tier units and such, but for now I am doing pretty good by learning how to macro effectively. I used to just go one base 4 barracks and push out and hope to god it worked (which it quite often did) but now I can really see how learning this expansion timing and macro game will really help advance me throughout the leagues. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.