Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

TotalBiscuit's StarCraft II team Axiom is Disbanding

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theanticitizen

I didn't want to post this in the forum about TotalBiscuit's health(I felt it would be disrespectful) but sad to hear that his StarCraft team, Axiom, will be disbanding. Such a shame, even though I understand why. Lots of awesome players there and it's sad to see them teamless :( I hope the Axiom team can find new homes soon.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I edited your thread title because most people probably have no idea what Axiom is, and users shouldn't be forced to click on a thread just to find out what it's about. Also moved this to the StarCraft II forum.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

I only know Heart, hope he finds a home. I'm wondering what will happen to sc2 in general w. LoV out in Nov. Hope star league and pro league stays.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: cool thanks. Haven't posted too many topics so I wasn't sure where to post it

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theanticitizen

@liquiddragon: yeah they announced during the Proleague finals last week that there will be a 2016 for LOTV. Teamliquid has an article too. But GOMTV is shutting down :( GSL will be switching over to AfreecaTV

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How is SC2 in general doing this days?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By liquiddragon

@theanticitizen: no news on star league? Kind of great news about gsl, tho I never really liked the afreecatv video player but can't complain about free and 1080p.

@babychoochoo: I don't think it'll ever be big again but it has its loyal fans like gb that'll let it keep going it seems.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@babychoochoo: It kind of ticks along but even Blizzard have started to act like it's the unwanted child of the family. Heartstone and Heros of the Storm have been getting much bigger pushes. Overwatch will probably put SC2 even further down. The only thing that will be below it is WoW Arena.

Here's an image of the floor map for this years Blizzcon - notice how the arena stage for SC2 looks significantly smaller.

It's sad to see Axiom having to disband but it's understandable.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: like Jesus_Phish said, it's not doing great but a few of us fans are still watching as much as we can. It's too bad too because I think SC2 is in a great state in terms of the meta and balance. Lots of Non Korean players starting to shine through. I just hope Blizzard will continue to support it fully.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: I think SSL is shutting down too. You might have to check teamliquid.net. But yeah free 1080 for GSL is awesome and it'll still be on twitch, plus I imagine the VODs will still be on YouTube, so I think GSL is probably in better hands atm. (Btw all of 2015 GSL is on YouTube under the GOMEXP channel if you're interested in seeing any of the matches)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanticitizen: where did you hear about ssl shutting down? Can't seem to find it. If true, really sux. I do know about the vods on gom YouTube channel. They seem to have quietly uploading them about 4 days after air. Freaking Byul man...same as SoO...Zergs really have a hard time...is it Rogue's turn? He's one of my favorites right now

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Is competitive StarCraft still a big deal? Just seems like all the big "e-sports" money is in MOBAs now and that poor Star Craft has taken a backseat.

I hope it isn't tasteless to ask in this thread given the news about Total Biscuit. I am genuinely curious since I can't remember the last time that Brad has talked about StarCraft 2 or heard news about any big tourneys.

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theanticitizen

@liquiddragon: huh yeah I looked too. But I'm glad it hasn't been cancelled. I could have sworn I saw news article about SSL either shutting down or switching to LoL. I'm probably mixing up two different stories. And yeah Mech has been crushing Zergs lately, only 4 are in Blizzcon. Hopefully though the good results will continue and I think LOTV will be a big boost for Zergs :)

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok: it's not as big as it once was, but there's still plenty of tournaments. There's the WCS system for Europe and NA and then Proleague, GSL and SSL in Korea. I'd say, if you're interested, check out any of the GSL seasons on YouTube. Or watch Life vs Maru from the IEM grand finals. Incredible series :)

But yeah, MOBAs have totally eaten Starcraft's lunch

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

That sucks to hear. I was HUGE into starcraft 2, I loved WoL, played it a ton and won over 1,000 1v1 games. But then HOTS came out and I just felt like Blizzard didn't follow through on any of their promises. The expansion's story was weak and pretty much said "yeah everything that happened in WoL didn't really matter" and the multiplayer changes were great at first but by 3 months in turned into the same strategy over and over. The biggest problem is Blizzard kept putting in units that were easy to use by hard to defend/beat. Mothership core, widow mines, mass swarmhost and so on, the games just felt frustrating at the lower levels (I never got past diamond league). It led me to quit playing the game about 6 months into HoTS rather than sticking with it this entire time and eventually I also quit watching the tournaments.

I'm hopeful for Legacy though. The new units seems super interesting and I think the new Archon mode could be huge if Blizzard keeps pushing it. Also Allied commanders (or whatever its called) seems like it could be fun for people who want more to do than the campaign/multiplayer. Seems like they put way more thought and effort into this expansion and I'm excited to play again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.