Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam not recognizing a game as owned/purchased

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Not sure if anyone ran into this before - I have bought and beat Dishonored when it released a while back. I redeemed it on Steam - it's on my account listed as a game I own etc.

When I go into the Steam store though it doesn't seem to recognize that I already own the game. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem since I can just install it and play it no problem but I wanted to get that new Knife of Dunwall DLC and this effectively prevents me from being able to purchase it.

I've tried reinstalling the game but alas nothing.

Has this happened to anyone/ tips tricks?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By abendlaender

Contact the support?

Where did you buy it? Steam once removed my game cause of problems with the seller.

Edit: Sorry, I misread. So the game is in your library but you can't purchase the DLC for yourself? That's weird. Still, contact the support about that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Humanity

I installed it and played it and it's listed in my profile with achievements and all -> Steam Profile

I guess it must be something up with the seller - I don't remember who I bought it from but it was some site akin to GreenManGaming. Maybe they weren't 100% legit or something. I suppose it's off to contact Support.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EXTomar

That does seem weird. Have you double checked if you don't already "own" the DLC through some special bundle or "edition"? Definitely contact support for help where the only time I've seen Steam deny someone buying something is because Steam thinks you've already bought it.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By stalefishies

Have you tried renaming ClientRegistry.blob (in your steam install folder)? Steam will auto-generate a new one when you restart it and that tends to be a goto fix for all sorts of weird Steam problems.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalefishies: I guess I can try that since I already sent the e-mail to support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.