Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Super Meat Boy Coming to PS4 and the Vita Later This Year

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Super Meat Boy was just announced to come out on the PlayStation 4 and the PS Vita on the PlayStation Blog. There's not really much more to be said other than it will also be free for PS+ members as a way of saying thanks for all the patient PlayStation fans that have waited so long to play the game. There's also a fairly humorous announcement trailer released.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I've never played it but have heard so much about it. I'm excited to see for myself what all the hullabaloo is about.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I really enjoyed it on the 360 and am more than willing to play it again, especially since it's going to be a PS+ game. Maybe SMB will replace Spelunky as my go-to Vita game.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh god. I've finished the game 100% on Xbox, PC, and now I'll do it on Playstation.

I like this game so much.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is fantastic. Especially the free part.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Very happy for people who haven't played this game. Truly one of my all time favorites. The worst part about both the Xbox and PC versions was the leaderboards were never totally fixed to get rid of cheaters, though.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh man. I might buy this again for Vita. It would actually be an excellent pocket game for me. Though I suppose the change of control input might end up not doing it justice. I definitely noticed a noticeable difference between playing Luftrausers on a dualshock vs Vita... :/

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a pretty great trailer.

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

...cool

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

I feel like this is one of those cases where I find it hard to see why anyone would really care, because anyone that really wanted to play it, could have by now, and those that didn't, are in the minority. Eh, I played it for like, 30 minutes on Steam. It controls well, but it's not really my kind of game; if there was more to it, then it might have been. Oh wait, I take that back. This is the first time it has been on PlayStation. Never mind.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nilazz said:
    No Caption Provided

Yeah, I know, right? Next thing they're going to release Shadow Complex on PC.. or Red Dead.. it's like 2008 or something.

Actually, both of these games should be on PC- so I have nothing against this trend of porting old ass games!

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Quite possibly one of the best platformers ever, I cannot wait to 100% this game again. The closest thing you'll ever get to a perfectly controlling platformer, with great level design to back it up. Its just one of those games where you're smiling the whole time at the crazy jumps you're making (until, of course, you die). Super meat boy is one of those games that looks impossible when you're watching others play it, but executing a string of well-timed jumps is extremely satisfying, as well as super cool to look at. Make sure you aren't intimidated by its difficulty, its worth the effort.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By IceNDice

I really don't understand the re-releases... I loved this game but when publishers keep releasing their same game over and over again means that they have no good games planned in the future so they re-release the game that did give them commercial success. Although this is my opinion, I might still buy it again because I haven't played it in 4 years, only buying if on sale.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have been wanting this since I disconnected my 360 and plugged in my PS4! Finally I will have no reason to miss the old systems anymore.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great. Happy to get this for free, will definitely play it again.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Been recently wanting to replay Super Meat Boy on pc again, but i guess ill wait for the trophies.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icendice: It's a PS+ game.

I will play this again. I will get angry and my GF will get angry at me getting angry and we'll end up laughing and it will be just like old times, when we were still young and in love. SMB will save my relationship. SMB is love.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By mike
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!. Hands down the best platformer ever!.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icendice: For a start, this game was never released on a Sony platform. Secondly, you're complaining about "re-releasing", then saying I'll buy it anyway. That right there is the exact problem of "re-releasing". You also say it means they have no good games planned, how do you know this?. Maybe the remakes are funding there new ideas?. Another thing, this was a two man team who worked there asses off for this game. Not a thousand strong team funded by a multi-million dollar company. Rant over, I will be purchasing this game again just to support Team Meat.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twiggy199: Calm down, I wasn't just talking about Super Meat Boy. I meant ALL publishers, this re-release habit is not a good thing. Like Capcom re-releasing Resident Evil every time a new console comes out because Lord knows that they can never make a good one again. Don't worry I watched Indie Game: The Movie too, the struggle is real. I guess I shouldn't have used SMB as an example...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By csl316

You know, it's been long enough. That'd be a fun lunch break game on the Vita.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Still have never played this, so I'm cool with it getting re-released. I guess at this point I should just admit my hypocrisy in shouting down re-releases, because I'm also screwing around with Saints Row 4 on PS4 at the moment too, having already played it on the 360.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a fantastic game. I just got the Needle Boy trophy, I can't imagine I'll get all of them - I want the platinum but the trophy requirements are insane.

As of now it says that 0,1% have completed needle boy, feels good man!

Loading Video...

Fly53Corps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMB on Sony is... weird. Feels like such an Xbox (arcade) game to me.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love this game. Don't like that they changed the music. It's still good, but a little alienating to me since I've heard the original sound track so much.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing it on vita. Feels really great to be able to pick up and play that game with ease. Is it cheating if you utilize the vitas sleep feature to get through the I want to be the guy level? Because I did, and it felt alright.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@redglovesociety: I've played through the first two worlds and part of one of the dark worlds and haven't experienced lag at all.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel a bit of lag on PS4, no lag on vita.

Also they changed world 2 music... that was my favorite piece in the entire game.

WTH

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rafaelfc: They changed all of the music. Team Meat is no longer working with Danny. Nobody knows why exactly.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say, at first reveal I was super excited to play this again on the PS4, but after playing through to The End, I'm just not feeling it, and it is entirely because of the new music in most the game. I didn't realize how much the music was a part of my enjoyment, but apparently it was, and the new stuff they put in instead does not feel like it belongs, in my opinion.

It's quite a shame, whatever happened between them and the music guy. I feel like it makes this version of SMB quite inferior.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the old music but it hasn't affected my enjoyment of it so far.

I haven't noticed lag - except when exciting replays and going to new levels. Sometimes it doesn't register that you press continue or restart or whatever, and sometimes it jerks for a while getting to the new level. Haven't noticed anything negatively affecting the in-level play though!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: So far what I can gather is when it came to MewGenics Team Meat asked Danny B to make some new test songs for the new soundtrack, but Team Meat didn't like the music he was producing for it, so they went somewhere else for the soundtrack to that game.

Following on from that, the guy who did the sound for MewGenics worked on the BoI:Rebirth soundtrack, which Danny B wasn't asked to work on.

It sounds like those two events in such a short time caused a rift between both sides because now when it comes to this new SMB soundtrack, Team Meat asked Danny B could they get the original soundtrack (he owns all the rights to it) for it and Danny B flat out said no. Ed from Team Meat had previously said he'd never work with Danny B again, so that wasn't going to help their chances of getting the music for SMB into this new version of it.

It's a real shame because Danny B is easily one of the best indie composers in the business and his work on both the original soundtrack for SMB and BoI are fantastic. I barely played SMB because it's not my thing, but I still listen to the soundtrack.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Sessh

I agree that the new soundtrack is a bummer, not only because the old one was just amazing, but because I simply don't think it fits the game all that well.

Still really fun to be playing this again.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By The_Nubster

I've only ever played this game on PC so I never had lag, but someone please tell me - was there any lag on the Xbox version? And even if so, why is there any on the PS4? That seems insane.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm having serious problems with the cross saves. I started on PS4 and then moved to Vita witch worked seamlessly. But now I can't move back to PS4 because for some reason it doesn't see the save I uploaded from my Vita... It's strange to look at the save on my Vita content manager and then look up and see that there is no cloid save visible on PS4. I guess I have to play on thr Vita only now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having a very hard time adjusting to this new soundtrack. This soundtrack thing this is going to be another Chie situation again isn't it?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plays great, first time I've beat Lil' Slugger on first attempt. But that music...like someone said, it's not bad on itself, but takes me away from the game completely. Guess you could play the original soundtrack from an USB stick, but that's a bit of a hassle...

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool, but sorta weird at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.