Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

Is it worth it to buy endorsements (with coins, not real money)?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

I just started playing this game, and am still getting a handle on how the loadouts work. For the record, I haven't spent real money on the game, and don't plan to.

Right now, my plan is to hoard my coins to buy pros, since thus far all of my after-round prizes have been products (and one cosmetic item). Pros seem like the priority thing to spend coins on, especially once you get used to a few of them. Products are obviously quite good, but there aren't that many of them, and it seems like I'm getting them at a reasonably decent rate through the prize system.

However, endorsements seem like this crazy rabbit hole, since some of them are very expensive, and you can own multiple of the same endorsement. Are they even worth buying early on, or is it mostly something to spend coins on when you own most of the pros and products? The percentage differences made by endorsements seem hardly noticeable, though obviously it could give you a slight edge in certain situations. On the other hand, I've only put like 6 hours into this game and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By returnofjake

Pros-products-endos is the order I went for. Don't get into products and endorsements until you know which character you'll likely main as that may change what you need the most. I only just got my first set of endorsements completed, and while I have noticed a slight difference in my character, it's not massive.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By RIDEBIRD

If you like the game and plan to continue playing, spend some money and buy pros you have enjoyed. I've spent 20 dollars on the game and played it for 180 hours. That's quite a good time-for-cash ratio, and this includes a pretty stupid costume for Cheston.

Spend CC on endos and products. Endos is sort of a last, very specific, thing to spend cash on, and check the official forum first for what way to go (personal preference aside, there are a few best ways to go for each pro).

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By owack6

@returnofjake said:

Pros-products-endos is the order I went for. Don't get into products and endorsements until you know which character you'll likely main as that may change what you need the most. I only just got my first set of endorsements completed, and while I have noticed a slight difference in my character, it's not massive.

Like what he said here you should first find a Pro you want to play and also want to invest a lot of time on, because getting full sets of endorsements that fit your Pro and play style is very expensive and time consuming process.

Just a recommendation if you're getting into shit a lot and into grapples get the cant slow me product and the one that knocks back enemy's when you juice those are very good for getting out of sticky situations.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By returnofjake

Product side, Can't Slow This and Money Magnet are good for pretty much all classes, so if you win those in the end game raffle then equip those. After that, it becomes more pro / play style specific.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Welding

Like said before, buy your Pro's, then buy your Products, then buy your Endo's.

You get more Endo slots as you level up, so it makes sense to buy these last.

Be sure to make use of the Endo's you get as gifts at the end of matches, though! Skill regeneration and Rate Of Fire are always good to have.

What products and endo's to use is mostly dependent on which classes you main. What you playing?

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeldh

I bought all of the cheap tier 1 endorsements and I'm sticking to those until I unlocked all of the pros I want, the Tier 1 endorsements are really good too, as they don't give you an disadvantage. So you can use them with all of the pros.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joeq1159

Yeah. Filling up on level 1 skill regen will go a long way for almost any class. I would suggest buying the cheaper pros with real money and saving up CC for the more expensive pros. Cheap pros are $2 while the more expesive ones are $7.50. Economically speaking it makes sense to do that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.