Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

Sluggish Performance?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

I've been playing Super MNC today, and I'm having issues. The game is fairly laggy despite a good connection, and there is a definite lag in my mouse movement. Oddly, I have the same problem in other free to play shooters, like Tribes. I never have this problem in other PC games. I've been screwing around with the settings, but can't quite get it. Anyone else have the same issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By salomdi

i have no idea, since i dont have the same problem, and nobody else has reported it.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

@salomdi: That was real helpful. keep it up.

Do you have a 360 controller plugged in? Sometimes that can cause input lag on a mouse.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SlasherMan

If you're having issues in both SMNC and Tribes, then perhaps it's something with the engine not playing nice with drivers or something (both are UE3 games). Try updating your drivers, or rolling back if you're using the latest.

Also, did you make sure V-Sync, mouse smoothing/acceleration, etc are disabled if the games have such options?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BoG

@SlasherMan: I'll fix V-Sync, but there is no in game option to for smoothing and acceleration. I'm checking video drivers as I type. I didn't realize they both ran off of the same engine!

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By salomdi

mouse smoothing and accel are disabled by default

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoG

No new drivers, sadly. I disabled v-sync, and it did very little. Bringing all of the settings down as low as they can go helps, but I should be able to run this game at high settings.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlasherMan

@BoG: Do you remember a previous driver that may have worked well with those games that you could maybe roll back to? Or was the performance always the same?

What are your computer's specs btw?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vitor

@BoG said:

No new drivers, sadly. I disabled v-sync, and it did very little. Bringing all of the settings down as low as they can go helps, but I should be able to run this game at high settings.

SMNC is still not totally optimised - they only just came out of beta and still have issues. I can run most games fine at high/full settings but struggle with SMNC.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BoG

@SlasherMan: It's a laptop. Pentium core i3, Radeon HD 6900M, 6 GB RAM. It gets the job done when it comes to games. I can play Starcraft 2 without a hitch.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlasherMan

@BoG said:

@SlasherMan: It's a laptop. Pentium core i3, Radeon HD 6900M, 6 GB RAM. It gets the job done when it comes to games. I can play Starcraft 2 without a hitch.

Yeah that shouldn't have much trouble at all with most games. Perhaps it's like Vitor said, just a lack of optimization. Both games are barely out of beta, so it's not unreasonable to assume that they still need a bit of work, especially if you're not the only one with this issue.

I remember SMNC not performing optimally while I played it during the beta, but it was never so bad as to force me to set everything to low. Noticeable, but not enough to be unplayable. That was over 2 months ago, though, so I don't know.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoG

@SlasherMan said:

@BoG said:

Yeah that shouldn't have much trouble at all with most games. Perhaps it's like Vitor said, just a lack of optimization. Both games are barely out of beta, so it's not unreasonable to assume that they still need a bit of work, especially if you're not the only one with this issue.

I remember SMNC not performing optimally while I played it during the beta, but it was never so bad as to force me to set everything to low. Noticeable, but not enough to be unplayable. That was over 2 months ago, though, so I don't know.

Hopefully it will improve with time. I've been playing it at low performance levels, but it's a bit... saddening. I want to get into this one, it's a lot o fun, and more accessible than other MOBAs.

sLiPdIsCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sLiPdIsCo

Has it gotten any better? I had problems when I tried to play on a laptop while on vacation. Turned out nvidia had a setting for power saving that would turn the gpu off when not under heavy use. After turning that off it ran great. Maybe it's a similar problem?

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@BoG: My laptop tried to use my integrated graphics to run SMNC. Make sure that your thing is set to your dedicated GC!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.