Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Final Smash Bros. Direct, Bayonetta and Corin announced - Update: Out 2/3/16

• 51 results
    GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Nice weird closure for a fighting game's development with this video. I really need to unlock "Duck Hunt" the character. Also Ryu may be my gateway drug into Amiibos...

Also...

Loading Video...

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dprotp: No joke, I'd love to have a framed version of this.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Not bad for the final smash direct. I wouldn't be that negative about Corrin if we didn't have 5 FE characters already. Sure you can promote the game's release in the West and the character looks unique, but c'mon we don't need 6 FE characters. That Bayonetta reveal was great and glad Bayo won the ballot. While her mature character doesn't quite mold with Nintendo's family friendly image, same can be said about Snake in Brawl. She looks awesome and that artwork of her is amazing. But why is Little Mac on the dark side of the poster?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@f-metroid: ZS Samus is already wearing a skin tight suit and is moaning the whole time. This is basically the same thing except she shows a little skin at times and doesn't really moan. It's not really a big deal she summons "demons" especially when they're just like dogs made of hair lol. People also thought Pokemon taught kids satanism, so who knows.

F-Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I'm not reading these, and I unfollowed this, so I'd greatly appreciate it if people can stop replying to me on this thread, because I'd like to stopgetting notifications.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, cool new characters, but the real news is that sweet Geno skin! Where's the Mario RPG love people?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cloud is really freaking good in the game.

YoshioK.S.T.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[Cloud] has so much end lag that you really have to play a bait and punish game.

Ugh...I was afraid of this, but he is the sole rep for my favorite franchise, so I will learn him one way or another. It's still early so I'm gonna hope we find some good use for him in more offensive play.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By justicejanitor

@yoshiok.s.t.: Eh, he's not that defensive. His hit boxes are gigantic and stay out for ages so it's pretty easy to be offensive with him. A few of his attacks have a lot of end lag but some have next to no landing lag (his Back Air especially, that thing is amazing). Also, a lot of his attacks come out really quick even if some of them have a lot of ending lag, they come out so quick and the hitbox stays active so long that it's no big deal.

Might want to check out ZeRo's first impressions of him to give you a good idea. If you don't know who ZeRo is, he's the guy that won the most major Smash 4 tournaments since the game came out.

Loading Video...

I've spent a lot of my evening yesterday playing online matches with Cloud and he's really really really fun to play.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stevevacation: As someone that almost exclusively plays Ike, I am SUPER excited to try out Cloud. Him and Bayonetta will also be the first DLC I really care about and buy so yayyyyy!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

How long before people start complaining about "censorship" or some nonsense over the fact that Bayonetta isn't completely (or almost completely) naked during her Wicked Weave attacks anymore?

Or was that already a change in Bayonetta 2? I never got around to playing that one.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: If you watched the trailer, you'd see that she shows more skin when doing Wicked Weave attacks (mostly legs and arms and not much else). I doubt anyone is going to seriously cry censorship over that. And why actually bring this up in the first place?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: If you watched the trailer, you'd see that she shows more skin when doing Wicked Weave attacks (mostly legs and arms and not much else). I doubt anyone is going to seriously cry censorship over that. And why actually bring this up in the first place?

I brought it up mostly because of other recent cases of people crying wolf (or censorship) when companies make this sort of reasonable decision.

People being angry about Street Fighter V's camera angle adjustments

Conspiracy theories over DOA Xtreme 3's lack of US release

Fatal Frame costume kerfuffle

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bravely Default, Senran Kagura Burst, etc.

I noticed that only her arms and legs are bared during the attacks and figured "that seems like the sort of innocuous changed detail that some people are gonna read way too much into." But I don't want to completely derail the thread, so...

That Knuckles costume was pretty cool/goofy looking!

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: I am well aware of all of this but I just don't like the idea of going :

"Welp, people I don't like are going to be angry about this." I don't think it's a healthy attitude to have in general.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: I am well aware of all of this but I just don't like the idea of going :

"Welp, people I don't like are going to be angry about this." I don't think it's a healthy attitude to have in general.

You're not wrong. I do need to be better about that. : )

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By justicejanitor

@bbalpert: Don't feel too bad about it. I tend to do it once in a while myself.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might dust off my WiiU to see how Bayonetta plays in this game and have a bit of fun. Maybe I'll go finish Wonderful 101 while I'm at it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

As much as I love my boy, Roy, not even he got me to invest any serious time into this game. Bayonetta is literally the only other character I've ever been excited to play. I doubt she'll suddenly make me want to enter EVO or some shit, but I like to hope she'll make me give a shit about Smash again. Time will tell I guess.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't wait to give Corrin a shot. He/She looks pretty cool to play. Might get me to switch off of maining Robin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.