Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Anyone played Tales of Vesperia JPN PS3 demo?

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CSXLoser

so i heard from my friend at summer school today that the ToV ps3 demo was released on the Japanese PSN. Didnt believe him at first but i went ahead, made a japanese PSN account and it was the 2nd one on new releases (right below 50 cent add ons xD). To my susprise, it had Patty (the ps3 exclusive playable character) playable in the demo. I havent played the 360 verison and its been like 3 years since i played a tales game (last one was abyss and i didnt like it). Combat was really enjoyable and patty is a pretty cool fighter. I got my ass handed to me by the boss at the end. But i tried again but this time...on easy :P

For now I'll wait till namco says whether or not they'll bring it to the US. Once they said "no" i'll go get the 360 verison.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shadows_kill

i looked for it but i couldnt find it.. i'll try again later tonight.. also could you tell me where the Yakuza 3 demo is?

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CSXLoser

go up on new releases and it should be under the 50 cent addon release  (7-13 )

never searched for yakuza 3 demo. is there one? maybe ill try looking for it tonight

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shadows_kill

yeah i heard about people playing it but i never saw it (probable since the jap. psn store is different..)

anyways thanks for telling me where it is :)

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CSXLoser

no problem. It seems that my friend has told a few people that i recently finished demo and now im having a few dudes coming over tomorrow to try out the demo. Is it multiplayer like Tales of Symphonia?

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Cerza

Wow so there is a Tales of Vesperia PS3 demo in Japan. This is great news. I really hope they bring it to the States, because I would love to be able to play this again since it's pretty funny, is the only JRPG I have been able to stick with to the end this generation, and I no longer own a 360 since my third one died the same way as the previous two so I said fuck it I'm not buying another one. Anyway thanks for the info about this. I really hope they release the PS3 version outside Japan.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CSXLoser

Interesting fact - unlike other japanese games,  X is to accept and O is to cancel.  This messed me up when i try to skip those optional conservations. my japanese is nonexistent but now i know that Rita is scared of bugs and wants to escape the forest...well i think it's Rita :P

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I played it (and the Yakuza 3 demo), it was pretty good. Better than the 360 demo(which was awful). I like Patty already, lets hope this game can come out here...

Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@Dan_CiTi said:
    "Better than the 360 demo(which was awful)."
    Damn straight.

Yes, Namdai, you get people interested in your game by dumping players (who have no idea how the game engine works, mind you) right next to what is probably the toughest boss in the game. I'd like to know how many potential buyers they turned away with that one.

It's nice to see that they've learned from their mistakes this time, at least.
    CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CSXLoser
    @AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
    " @Dan_CiTi said:
    "Better than the 360 demo(which was awful)."
    Damn straight.Yes, Namdai, you get people interested in your game by dumping players (who have no idea how the game engine works, mind you) right next to what is probably the toughest boss in the game. I'd like to know how many potential buyers they turned away with that one.It's nice to see that they've learned from their mistakes this time, at least. "
    I thought it was "Bamco" ?? And wow, gave you the toughest boss in the game for the demo? Well thats something different :P
    vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By vasta_narada

I prefer Bamco, myself. But yeah, that wolf is a fucking beast of a boss. I never used as many revival potions in any other fight. Not to mention, you're very, very unlikely to have any decent skills (both attack-wise, and in terms of player skill).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

Japanese PlayStation Network features a news update from Sony stating that DLC for Vesperia will be available from September 17, which is the launch date. Pricing will vary by content. It's likely that PS3 owners will be getting the same DLC as their Xbox 360 users. The only piece of DLC mentioned in Sony's announcement is the Trial Synthesis Kit, which was offered to 360 owners for free. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

There's a new Tales of Abyss Costume Pack on the way: 

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1230364_1124.html     

The new costumes are part of the TOA Birth Commemoration Costume line. Included are costumes for Yuri, Estel, and Fren. Each costume goes for ¥150.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.