Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Does this game has a good history?

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kingclaw

In the past i have played games in this genre (action rpg i guess)  but after playing them untill the end I realice that the history was horrible or missing at all.  
    One of the main actractives in a game for me is the history, so I need your opinions to decide buy or not buy this game.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

The Elder Scrolls games are very well known for their rich back stories. Though Oblivion is not the best in the series for the mass amount of side information about the game world you can find, it has tons, TONS more then the average game.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

The main plot can get a tad boring when you have to close Oblivion gates, but other than that the story is very nice. Not to mention all the smaller stories from sub quests and so on, some of them are actually much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This game does has a great history. 

I'm sorry I had to, but yeah it does I loved Oblivion and after I was done I went around reading those stupid books.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It's very deep in story. You can even find books all over which can be pretty darn lengthy. There's plenty of history and backstory in the world of Tamriel, though unfortunately I found most of it to be pretty uninteresting, just like the game! Hey!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Oblivion has a hell of a lot of back story there if you want to explore it. You also might want to check out Fallout 3 and Dragon Age if that's the sort of thing that you're into.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.