Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Story

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 27, 2011

A Wii-exclusive RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker. It tells the tale of a young mercenary that dreams to become a knight, but finds himself immersed in adventure and political intrigue after a mysterious power is bestowed upon him.

The Last Story comes out out tomorrow... just so everyone knows

• 65 results
    Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

I just thought of posting this here due to the sane fact that it is coming out tomorrow and that the board is basically dead right now. I can't wait to go pick it up tomorrow!

Just thought that people should know.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mandude

But...but...but my new Gibson comes tomorrow, and I only have two hands!

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jay444111

@mandude said:

Well... you could learn to play guitar with your tongue if you were determined enough... Just saying. Or your feet...

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joeyoe31

It's times like these when I wish I hadn't bought so many games during the steam summer sale. Sorry but I gotta sit this one out. If its anything in the amount of quality that Xenoblade had id probably of liked it a whole bunch. Gonna have to wait though...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jay444111

@Joeyoe31 said:

It's times like these when I wish I hadn't bought so many games during the steam summer sale. Sorry but I gotta sit this one out. If its anything in the amount of quality that Xenoblade had id probably of liked it a whole bunch. Gonna have to wait though...

All the launch copies are going to be in kick ass covers, art books and all that. After that. Don't expect anything else special!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hunter5024

Hopefully Amazon will have it for me in the mail tomorrow. Been excited for this one, though I'm not sure I even have the time to play it right now.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mandude

@Jay444111 said:

@mandude said:

Well... you could learn to play guitar with your tongue if you were determined enough... Just saying. Or your feet...

Well, how many hands do I need to play the Last Story? Could I get away with one? Because I suppose I could play the guitar one handed.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By laserbolts

Great! I'll make sure not to buy it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@laserbolts said:

And I'll make sure to play it so I'll know if this is justified or not.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Barrock

Game Informer review isn't kind.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jay444111

Game Informer did give the game a 6. However, be reminded this is the same magazine that rewards CODs with 9.5 and Paper Mario 2 with a 6 as well... also the sane fact that they seem to hate anything with even a slight Japanese tinge to it. Especially since their JRPG reviewer did leave a few months ago, after reviewing Xenoblade. Also there is a LOT of wii hate that goes on in the GI magazine... I am not even a fanboy of the wii and I notice this.

So yeah... GI is a horrible review source... IMO. However, they do have good previews.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I can't really afford it, but it would be great to see some kind of coverage from the GB crew. I know Patrick covered some big RPG releases, but maybe we could get a QL since he's out?

Wow. You can actually hear the crickets.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunter5024

@Jay444111 said:

Game Informer did give the game a 6. However, be reminded this is the same magazine that rewards CODs with 9.5 and Paper Mario 2 with a 6 as well... also the sane fact that they seem to hate anything with even a slight Japanese tinge to it. Especially since their JRPG reviewer did leave a few months ago, after reviewing Xenoblade. Also there is a LOT of wii hate that goes on in the GI magazine... I am not even a fanboy of the wii and I notice this.

So yeah... GI is a horrible review source... IMO. However, they do have good previews.

Yeah, the reviews in that magazine really are all over the place. I don't think it's console bias, but I think it's clear that they like a specific kind of game, and usually anything outside of that comfort zone scores pretty badly. If you look at their top 10 lists at the end of the year it's usually just the same 10 games shuffled around in a slightly different order for each reviewer.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

I'm good.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jay444111

Wait... it may not come out tomorrow... the gamestops haven't gotten their shipments in yet... Seriously Xseed? What is going on?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By falserelic

Hooray!!!!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I know literally NOTHING about this game, but as a person who owns a Wii, I should probably find something out about it.

Conversely, my copy of Darksiders II arrived in the mail today, so I dunno if I'll be buying anything else soon.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By ssj4raditz

If only I wasn't already planning on getting Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and Fall of Cybertron this month! ...eh, maybe I can squeak The Last Story in there too.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, I don't even know where my Wii is so...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McGhee

I would like to play it. I was a fan of Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (despite that one boss battle theme song, yeah you know the one I'm talking about, fuck that song).

But there's just one problem. IT'S ON THE FUCKING WII.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I was thinking about getting it but I bought a copy of Xenogears instead and now I don't have enough for it. 

damn all these difficult choices I have to make ;___;

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NegativeCero

I continue to not have a Wii, so I will look in from the outside with jealousy. Hopefully it doesn't become super rare and sell for crazy prices later on.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Phatmac

Probably wouldn't have played this even if I had my Wii. Hope other people enjoy it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Darksiders 2.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By musubi
    @laserbolts
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@McGhee said:

I would like to play it. I was a fan of Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (despite that one boss battle theme song, yeah you know the one I'm talking about, fuck that song).

That's you're problem now, isn't it? I'll be picking the game up, but my only problem will be that I'm still not done with Xenoblade Chronicles yet.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McGhee

@Hailinel said:

@McGhee said:

That's you're problem now, isn't it? I'll be picking the game up, but my only problem will be that I'm still not done with Xenoblade Chronicles yet.

Yes, it would be my problem, hence me saying the words that I said, about myself. -__-

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#29  Edited By LordAndrew

I've been trying to deal with my backlog and then this has to come along. This is not what I need right now.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LikeaSsur

Oh, man! I really want to buy this and Cenoblade Chronicles, but.....I just...don't have the time. So many games to get through first....and summer's almost over!

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By phrali

i had to look this up to figure out what it was. Who the fuck knew they were still making games for the wii?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#32  Edited By Mento

Wow, this is going to sink without a trace isn't it? That's a shame.

I probably overrated it a little in that review I made, but it's an interesting game that's worth anyone's time. I don't think I've ever seen the Gears model used for anything close to a smart, strategic RPG.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By biggiedubs

It came out a while ago over in the UK, and I don't have a review for you guys, but let's just say I have a 20+ hour save for The Last Story that I've not touched in about a month and a half. And that I'm not exactly pining for it, either.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hosstile17

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Yeah, the reviews in that magazine really are all over the place. I don't think it's console bias, but I think it's clear that they like a specific kind of game, and usually anything outside of that comfort zone scores pretty badly. If you look at their top 10 lists at the end of the year it's usually just the same 10 games shuffled around in a slightly different order for each reviewer.

Game Informer's JRPG reviews have been pretty spot-on lately. I am going to wait for the lion's share of reviews to hit before I move a muscle. For me, there isn't much worse of an experience to have than playing a sub-par JRPG.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#35  Edited By LordAndrew

@Mento said:

I don't think I've ever seen the Gears model used for anything close to a smart, strategic RPG.

Wait, what? Well, I guess I'll find out!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#36  Edited By Mento

@LordAndrew: Insofar as it's real-time 3rd person cover-based action game at least. Every game I've encountered prior to Last Story was a shooter that never got more complex than "shoot the thing before it kills you". Hunted: The Demon's Forge had potential, but it was just repetitive arena battles occasionally broken up with Tomb Raider puzzles.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By falconpunch

I think gamespot realy liked it

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cmblasko

I might pick it up when I have less games to play. I remember the combat looking really fun when I watched a video of it awhile back. It would be unfortunate for this game to get so little attention after all of the work that fans did to convince Nintendo to localize it.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PatchMaster

Guess I'll go pick up my copy. Should probably finish Xenoblade first though.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jay444111

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Game Informer's JRPG reviews have been pretty spot-on lately. I am going to wait for the lion's share of reviews to hit before I move a muscle. For me, there isn't much worse of an experience to have than playing a sub-par JRPG.

Not even close to spot on. When they review a JRPG, they ALWAYS have it two to even three points lower than it should and they always have WRPG's high as they can go. They are literally just trying to make Japanese video games look bad on a almost constant basis.

Also, I am wondering if people on this site have any taste at all.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hosstile17

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Not even close to spot on. When they review a JRPG, they ALWAYS have it two to even three points lower than it should and they always have WRPG's high as they can go. They are literally just trying to make Japanese video games look bad on a almost constant basis.

Classy.

Amaru25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Amaru25

it's coming out the 16th

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MiniPato

I misunderstood this as The Last Guardian and became very confused.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jay444111

@Hosstile17 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Classy.

I am serious. Game Informer... I know I will get flamed for this, is racist against games from other countries a shitton of the time. They dog on any Japanese video game cliche that is 20 years old just for a laugh. Everytime a great game like Nier comes out, they give it a 7... a fucking 7... Seriously? I mean... Seriously?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hunter5024

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Well it's good that you've found their reviews to be in sync with your opinions, but that's not the case for me at all. While reading the JRPG review I got the sense that the person writing it didn't care much for the genre, he does mention playing JRPG's for 20 years, though honestly I find the old school players tend to be spewing the most vitriol towards the current state of the genre. Not that I think The Last Story will be amazing or anything (Lost Odyssey was a disappointment for me), but I think Game Informer's score will be lower than most other sources. Not that I think scores actually mean anything.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bane122

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Classy.

I am serious. Game Informer... I know I will get flamed for this, is racist against games from other countries a shitton of the time. They dog on any Japanese video game cliche that is 20 years old just for a laugh. Everytime a great game like Nier comes out, they give it a 7... a fucking 7... Seriously? I mean... Seriously?

You can't be racist against games.

And check metacritic, Game Informer was far from the only ones to give Nier around a 7 or lower. Also, they've given many foreign games good scores.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hosstile17

@Bane122 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@Hosstile17 said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Classy.

You can't be racist against games.

And check metacritic, Game Informer was far from the only ones to give Nier around a 7 or lower. Also, they've given many foreign games good scores.

Yeah, I think claiming that just because someone doesn't like the games you like they are racist is more than a little overboard. Might want to reel that in a bit.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hunter5024

Well forget what I said about expecting GI's score to be lower than most other peoples. Destructoid posted their review.They gave it a 4... Now there's not really any reviewers I trust when it comes to JRPG's (Destructoid specifically seems pretty fast and loose with their reviews and scores), but it's sounding more and more like this one is just going to be for JRPG aficionados. I mean 4 is a damn harsh score for any game really. A shame.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By Tackchevy

I lost control and bought the UK limited release. Big packaging, steel case, artbook, soundtrack. Still haven't played the game yet, but it looks sweet next to my UK Xenoblade LE box, bought after Reggie's "FU, no plans at this time." email.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@FancySoapsMan said:

I was thinking about getting it but I bought a copy of Xenogears instead and now I don't have enough for it. damn all these difficult choices I have to make ;___;

Xenoblade was definitely the right choice, it's an incredibly good game.

Last Story is very mediocre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.