Wii U Version cancelled?

#1 Posted by eddiephlash (286 posts) -

Apparently according to my google news feed: http://segmentnext.com/2016/12/15/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-5/

No idea how true this is, but kind of a bummer if so. Especially since Twilight Princess taught us that the earlier generation version will be the superior one.

#2 Posted by RetroMetal (647 posts) -

I can't imagine Nintendo going back on the promise that it would be a WiiU game.

#3 Edited by Mike (17530 posts) -

An article about a blog that cites an anonymous source, seems legit.

#4 Posted by MindBullet (610 posts) -

It's not.

#5 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (2841 posts) -

Almost every time they've shown the game, it's been the Wii U version. There's a 0% chance it's cancelled.

Also, I don't know that Twilight Princess being better on Gamecube means anything in regards to which version of BotW will be better. The only reason the GC version was better was due to it using a standard gamepad instead of motion controls. The little we've seen of the Switch version has seemed like it had a more stable framerate than the Wii U version, so it's fair to say that version will be better.

#6 Edited by Zevvion (5636 posts) -

Looks like the clickiest of bait to me.

... the baitiest of clicks?

#7 Posted by eddiephlash (286 posts) -

Oh totally. The article said that online retailers were taking down the wii-u version and that definitely is not the case. Sorry for posting. #FakeNews strikes again.

#8 Posted by FinalDasa (3112 posts) -

Don't believe random sites.

If you're going to believe un-sourced information, trust sites like Gamespot or Eurogamer that have a track record of good journalism and accurately label rumors and reports as so.

There were reports Zelda would be delayed, but absolutely no sources I trust have claimed it would be cancelled for anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.