Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Order: 1886

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 20, 2015

A third-person shooter set in a steampunk-themed alternate timeline, with a dash of the supernatural. Developed by Ready at Dawn Studios for the PlayStation 4.

Are you pre-ORDERing The Order:1886?

• 54 results
    AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AcidBrandon18

Poll Are you pre-ORDERing The Order:1886? (243 votes)

Yes, it looks really pretty and can't be terrible. Right? 8%
    No, pre-ordering games is never a good idea. Wait for the review. 92%

I was curious on how many of you duders were planning on pre-ordering The Order: 1886. My expectations aren't terribly high as they have showed very little of the game, but it looks gorgeous and should at least be good or moderately generic. It also seems like the first big Sony 1st party title out this year and I'm sure it'll be the talk of the week during its release. And since I love being up to date on the topics of the gaming world I'll be pre-ordering it. What about you duders?

• 
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

No, the game has been met with mediocre response so far. I have been burned by pre-orders in the past where expectations where high so I wouldn't take my chances.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Come on now, you can't group answer like that together. I'm not preordering because the idea of preorders is kind of... well, stupid to me now.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nictel said:

No, the game has been met with mediocre response so far. I have been burned by pre-orders in the past where expectations where high so I wouldn't take my chances.

Honestly, this is seemingly turning into another one of those internet witch hunt kind of situations where a game suddenly gets shat on for no apparent reason. So far we haven't see too much of the gameplay, but what we have seen looks pretty decent, and it's wrapped in a gorgeous world, so that alone should make it worth at least a play through.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im very interested in the game and im most likely gonna buy it but i wont preorder.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If there is anything to be learned from the past two years: don't fucking pre-order a goddamn video game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nope. I'm excited for the game, I've liked what they've shown so far, but fuck pre-ordering. It's never a good idea.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pre-ordering games is what lead to 2014 being the year of AAA inexcusably buggy shit. When you pre-order, you give publishers the incentive to release unfinished builds, eschew perfecting the core game in lieu of pumping out DLC, and inadvertently screw all of us.

Please don't do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@liquidprince: I don't think any of the gameplay has looked "pretty decent". I think it's looked pretty generic and full of QT events which I personally find a grating gameplay mechanic. I haven't heard much negative hyperbole around this game either. It's usually pensive optimism, or just a flat we'll wait and see--of course there are always going to be a few negative opinions, as we are on the internet.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyhalo666: I think the bombcast is talking more and more negativly about the game every time they bring it up purly on the basis that there is very little promotion for the game from Sony.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pre ordering is never a good idea, especially with a game like this when all we've really seen are "vertical slices". We still have no idea how it will run and it could be four hours long for all we know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@rethla: I don't remember them mentioning it recently, but I could be forgetting. It sounds to me like you're reading too much into their thoughts on it though if you're thinking it's that specific of a reason. Maybe your taking them talking shit about Sony's PR strategy of not promoting it enough, as them talking shit about the game itself. I don't see any of them hating on a game for any reason other than they hate that game, or in this case what they've seen of it--Jeff will usually be overly critical of something but I think it's all based around his feelings for the game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@nictel said:

At first I read that as "been wet with mediocre response". That would have been such a cool turn of phrase :o

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

@johnnyhalo666: Well they arent hating the game but lets say they are growing suspicious since it has been close to radiosilence after that impressive but barebone E3 gameplay trailer long ago. Its basicly like PT, sure PT is superimpressive but a whole game based of that concept?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nictel said:

Honestly, this is seemingly turning into another one of those internet witch hunt kind of situations where a game suddenly gets shat on for no apparent reason. So far we haven't see too much of the gameplay, but what we have seen looks pretty decent, and it's wrapped in a gorgeous world, so that alone should make it worth at least a play through.

I didn't mean to shat on it. I will be interested in the game when it comes out. Pre ordering is a whole other story.

@nictel said:

At first I read that as "been wet with mediocre response". That would have been such a cool turn of phrase :o

You're right I should adopt that :p.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched some gameplay footage a while ago (It might've been on here?) and while the aesthetic looked interesting, the action seemed like a really bland cover-based shooter. I mean, they where on an airship and all they did was run through some corridors and kitchens full of waist-high counters shooting dudes until they fell over. I'm certainly not completely turned off it yet, but it's certainly not a good first impression. Also, pre-ordering is a bad idea, even if I was interested in it there's really no point.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By sammo21

Not answering either in the poll as "No, pre-ordering games is never a good idea. Wait for the review" isn't really reflective of my opinion. I am not pre-ordering the game because I don't want to play it at midnight and I also have a feeling there will be little replay value. I don't have a problem with pre-ordering in general because who cares. The "pre-order madness" is something that I feel is largely overplayed, as are "pre-order exclusives".

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter how deeply I study every single piece of media, play impression, PR from it, I cannot bring myself to pre-order it even though I can very well afford to.

..yet I have a bajillion Japanese-developed games already ordered, isn't that weird, while the above goes for western developed games.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets see how it fairs on review day.. Really want it to be good though so lets hope it comes good on release.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it. I pre-order games a lot. Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I have a good handle on what I'll like and what I won't. I'll never understand the vehement hatred of it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really buying games at all this year. Pre-ordering is one of those convenience things that actually makes things worse for other people. It's convenient for you because you get the game nice and early (which you could anyways since games are mass produced) but it pushes publishers and retailers to add on shitty bonuses because that's what they think people preorder for. Now they are seeing that the bonuses suck (better that way) but they want that edge so they're adding more and more and taking more away from the base game. Alien: Isolation and Mortal Kombat X come to mind. It's convenient for you but it is one of those things that makes the industry that much more scummy and immature. Don't preorder games.

Say the word 'preorder' 20 times out loud and if you don't start realizing how fucking stupid it is than you're luckily one of the dumb ones that can maintain a stupid happiness through even the most nonsensical of things.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Pre-Ordering is dumb, but I'll probably pick this up on day one as long as the gameplay isn't broken. I really enjoyed Ready At Dawn's God of War games on the PSP and I have no problem buying this game out of curiosity alone at what they could do with their own franchise.

WorldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not answering the poll because the two answers are kind of stupid, but no, I'm not pre-ordering the game. That being said, since this has turned into an argument about how awful pre-ordering games is, I don't mind pre-ordering. It means I can get games I want to play on day one from Amazon without leaving the house. The convenience of that trumps everything else in my book.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nah. I'd like to play it, but these days I only preorder games I'm pretty sure I'll want right away.

My preorder habits stopped when Amazon stopped including $10 or $20 credits. But that got me into their ecosystem. Clever bastards.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don't really get the "Pre-ordering kills the gaming industry" bullshit. Is it helpful? No, but there is nothing wrong with ordering a game you know you'll buy one way or the other.

Bonus features and DLC are already a huge part of the gaming industry, and I honesty doubt they'll go away any time soon.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spraynardtatum
    No Caption Provided

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't pre-order anything because you're just giving them an interest-free loan.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By kindgineer

@liquidprince said:

@nictel said:

So, you pretty much mean any game that gets some sort of hype, right? A friend of mine picked up Assassin's Creed: Unity randomly the other day, and had nothing but positive things to say about it. It's not the greatest game ever, but the mockery the internet provided was obviously an exaggeration.

While some of the decisions the game has made, Order looks fine. People just want to assert their negativity onto something and this game seems to be the prized pig for the time being. The greatest example for this to me is Dark Souls & Spelunky. The game hadn't changed any since the crew had played it before, which is when they dismissed both games as "meh," and then suddenly it becomes a spectacular display of video-game engineering. This only happened after they gave it more than a cursory glance and stopped making decisions based on outside opinions instead of getting to know the game themselves.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I am not. However, I feel it is pretty likely I will buy it at some point.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen the episode :P, still don't think it's all that bad.

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By grtkbrandon

It says we have 101% total votes. One or more of you are not who you appear to be...

On a relevant note, I don't understand pre-ordering, especially games that have online components, which is most of them now. Do we honestly need to go through a list of games we weren't actually able to play on launch day due to server connection issues, huge day one patches, or simply because the game was broken?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game comes with black borders doesnt it? Quite the techincal show piece..

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered, but that is only because by preodering it I'm only paying $40.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Why not?

Well, it's like this. If you Pre-order something you really don't know much about, obviously it's bad, because you're bound to be fucked over, but I live in Georgia where it takes a month or so for the new games to get into stores, and even if I order it ON release date, it'll still take a week or more to get it delivered. However, if I pre-order the game, it'll arrive earlier since it'll already be ready for shipping once the release date it known, and I'll get bonus stuff for it.

That said, I only order stuff I know I'll play with absolute certainty, like Halo 5 or MK. I contemplated ordering Dying light, but I know I might decide against playing it so I didn't pre-order it, and I was right to do so, since I eventually decided against buying it.

Plus, I find it very hard to believe that stopping pre-order would lead to the decline of DLC content. If they can't win you over with the Pre-Order bundles and shit like that, they'll just slide the very same content behind a 20$ tag IMO.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum said:

@theacidskull said:

Why not?

Well, it's like this. If you Pre-order something you really don't know much about, obviously it's bad, because you're bound to be fucked over, but I live in Georgia where it takes a month or so for the new games to get into stores, and even if I order it ON release date, it'll still take a week or more to get it delivered. However, if I pre-order the game, it'll arrive earlier since it'll already be ready for shipping once the release date it known, and I'll get bonus stuff for it.

That said, I only order stuff I know I'll play with absolute certainty, like Halo 5 or MK. I contemplated ordering Dying light, but I know I might decide against playing it so I didn't pre-order it, and I was right to do so, since I eventually decided against buying it.

Plus, I find it very hard to believe that stopping pre-order would lead to the decline of DLC content. If they can't win you over with the Pre-Order bundles and shit like that, they'll just slide the very same content behind a 20$ tag IMO.

That makes sense for you since your location prohibits getting games when they come out.

In the immortal words of Cartman "you're still getting a big dick in your mouth". Halo 5 won't go away and either will MK. Their online communities will be large for a long time. Besides, games these days need months after release to get to a functioning state. By 343 standards Halo 5 won't fully work for at least 2 months. They don't finish games because why should they when they already made their money? You'd be saving yourself hassle by waiting and you'd be improving the industry by sending a clear message that you aren't okay with broken games. With the internet you can clearly follow a games trajectory and find out when all of its components work as advertised.

Again, your location is a valid argument why it is probably easier for you to purchase before you know it is good, but have you thought about buying those 'must have' games digitally? Once you know they actually work and are not disappointments, obviously, you could purchase and play within a day depending on your internet speeds. Is that a reasonable avenue where you wouldn't need to wait for the product to make it to your country?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i order you to order one preorder of the order

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Canada we had a 30% off pre-order deal for games at many retailers, and The Order 1886 was one of the games that I signed up for (along with about a dozen others over the course of the year). Looking forward to it!

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: That makes a lot more sense, and you make a lot of valid points. I guess I didn't consider the current state of the gaming industry, I thought this was mostly about the fact that they try to sneak in bonus content for thous who pre-order. Also, yes, I have thought about buying them digitally. To be honest, If the the consistency of broken games goes on for any longer I probably will switch over to digital purchases, despite the fact that I much prefer physical copies.

I guess this is my final hope that 343i won't fuck Halo 5 up, since where they go from here is completely dependent on how well that game does. I partly assumed that the reason MCC's launch was so shitty was because they wanted to focus on Halo 5. Oh well, we'll see if they fuck me over, and if they do, guess it'll be a good lesson that pre-ordering a game sucks. (As for MK, well...I couldn't say no to Goro....Goddamnit.)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm not opposed to preordering certain games, games I know for a fact that I'm going to want to play for myself regardless of critical reception, though The Order most certainly isn't it. It all so far looks to be terribly mediocre, with nothing to stand out beyond some impressive graphics. I'm also still sore that it's not a 4-player Gears-esque sort of a game as I was initially hoping.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nope! I'll wait for reviews and reports of stability. What they've shown so far looks pretty generic to boot.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't preorder games.

And don't do drugs!

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am waiting till release, what is this game?, I'm confused as to what the story is really about. which is a good thing by the a way, so many games give you so much information before the game comes out that you end up feeling like you have played the the game before you even buy it. Is it just ware wolfs, are they even ware wolfs or something else? whats the main story hook? who are these people? whats their mission ? how long is a ball of string, so many questions.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not quite yet at least. I want to see some more gameplay before i make up my mind about buying it at all.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Poll does not have enough options!

No, not pre ordering. Planning on picking it up but no need to drop dollars now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also GMG has given me good incentive to prorder with their insane discounts and when i feel confident about a game. Nice to be able to play it basically the moment it's live, too.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will not be pre-ordering the game, but not because I'm against pre-orders. I just don't think that it looks that interesting aside from its graphics.

I've definitely started to slow down on the pre-orders but I do still put down money beforehand on the occasional game I think will be fine on release day. I pre-ordered BloodBorne and the Witcher 3, of course if they prove me wrong and they are a mess on release that's two companies I won't pre-order from in the future.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I like buying games. I have a problem. Even if a game isn't perfect, I will still play it. I bought Unity and Destiny on day one, both weren't great, but I'm glad I played them. Also, The Order looks amazing.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By colourful_hippie

Hell no.They've only showed off a generic looking story for the most part in trailers. If there was something worth showing in the gameplay they would have trotted that out by now so at best I'm expecting this to be just be an OK third-person cover shooter. This is a forgettable rental at best for me

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No. Waiting for reviews. Pretty much the best way to do things nowadays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.