Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Chapter 4: Around Every Corner- Your Choices *spoilers*

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

Just finished it, and goddamn, what a way to set up the final chapter. I liked the new characters they added more than the ones in Chapter 3 (Molly and Vernon). And when I thought I had the game figured out, it kept blindsiding me. 

Going to let it settle for it a bit, but here are my choices. 

Shot the kid in the attic 
    Lied to Vernon 
    Brought Clementine to Crawford 
    Saved Ben 
    Revealed bite to the group  

Who came with me: Everyone

I've always been faithful to the group, and said fuck it to everyone else. 
    Lee getting bit though, goddamn it. That hit me harder than anything else in the story. 

Also, this chapter had the first (and second) time I've been unable to make a choice.  
    Leaving Ben behind outside the armory, and whether Clem should go with Vernon or not. 

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

I don't know how I feel about this one yet. I agree, it sets up the finale very well, but I don't necessarily think that penultimate episodes have to only be good set ups. I think this episodes was better than how that statement makes it look, but I think that there was a very large conceit throughout the whole episode that this is a set up for the finale. That being said, some of the choices were really well done. Just when I thought I had found Lee's (and mine, I suppose, by extension) moral center (like Ryan said in the Bombcast a few weeks ago), he gets bit, and I don't know what to think. I always told the truth to the group. I felt like that was necessary for the strength of the group, and to keep Clementine close. But when Lee gets bit, I froze up. It threw everything I thought I knew into doubt. My mind went through all the ways the group would react, and I just couldn't keep my mind straight. So I hid the bite and chose to go alone. When a game can completely shift your opinions so quickly while not seeming artificial, that's pretty goddamned impressive.

Shot the boy in the attic - This one was pretty easy for me. I had Kenny shoot Duck in the last episode, and I just couldn't do that again. Hell, I could barely do it the first time (it seemed right at the time)

Told the truth to Vernon - Again, pretty easy choice. It was very clear that telling the truth would diffuse the situation a lot quicker than lying, and then there are no long-term ramifications.

Brought Clementine to Crawford - This was another difficult choice, and one that I can't really explain. Square for No, Circle for Yes. From the moment that timer started I said to myself, "No way. No, you're not coming with us. No. No. No.... No?" And then I hit the circle button.

Let Ben fall - Ben had never really clicked with me. He just seemed incompetent, naive, muddleheaded, and just generally a danger to himself and to others. The way he handled his responsibility with Clementine really pissed me off, and the number of times he had fucked everything up for the group was shocking. This is a decision I'm not really proud of myself for making, but I let him fall to his death. I saw that he understood these things, that he was detrimental to the health of the group, and I rationalized my decision based on that (and also I thought I could lie to the group and Clementine wouldn't figure it out, fucking Kenny). When we got back to the house, I really felt bad about it. I acted selfishly and foolishly thought that I could hide it from Clementine. I made it better with her, I think, but I still don't think I made the right choice. Nobody should die like that, even if it is their own will, and someone as good as Lee shoudn't have been the executioner.

Hid bite from the group - See above.

Who came with me - Nobody, see above.

Okay, thinking through that episode really helped my estimation of it. Overall, I thought it was a great episode that further solidified its Game of the Year status for me. Well done, Whitta.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By notdavid

I let Kenny shoot the kid. He clearly needed to work out his issues, and that seemed like a good way to get him to move past it. Told the truth to Vernon, left Clem at the house, saved Ben, told the truth about getting bitten, and told Kenny to fuck off. Everyone else is rolling with me. But fuck Kenny. That was by far the most cathartic moment of the whole series.

If Vernon didn't turn out to be such a creepy cockhole, I probably would've ended up letting Clem go with him. I thought about it. A lot.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By nightriff

Main decision for me was that I decided to go alone at the end, I don't know if people will insist or anything but they didn't. I felt bad about Clem because I said we would go look for her parents and I'm pretty sure you don't have that option at the end of the episode when talking to her, that was disappointing.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By CooVee

Had Kenny shoot the kid in the attic - Since I shot Duck in the last episode I felt Kenny needed to be the one to help this boy out when he couldn't do it for his son. 

Told Vernon the truth - I always told the truth in the previous episodes and it has served me well. Besides if I was caught lying it could have been more trouble then its worth. 

Brought Clementine to Crawford - I didn't like the idea of leaving Clem  with Omid in the condition he was in. Even if he didn't die and become a zombie, he wouldn't be able to help Clem if those stalkers showed up or more zombies attacked. 

Saved Ben - This guy just keeps screwing up but he seems to always mean well. Leaving Clem when they were surrounded by zombies was pretty messed up but I just couldn't let him die when I could still save him. 

Showed the bite to the group - This was a tough decision but I needed the group to trust Lee in order to save Clementine and seeing as Lee is screwed he needs all the help he can get. 

Ben, Christa and Omid join Lee - Kenny gave me shit about being selfish and watching my own hide and refused to come along. At least he's willing to wait for us with the boat. 

I  had to think about leaving Clem with Vernon and was going to let her stay so she could still have a chance to find her parents, or at least keep that hope alive Obviously that's not going to happen now but I can't wait to see how this all pans out in episode 5.

thekeenan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By thekeenan

Had Kenny shoot the kid in the attic - this was fairly easy one as I thought it would help Kenny move on a bit more and stop doubting himself so much.

Told the truth to Vernon - Another easy one. Being dishonest always seems to bite you in the ass in the long run and telling the truth (mostly) has done me pretty well so far.

Brought Clementine to Crawford - One of the harder decisions for me. In the end it came down to the fact that she wanted to go and that there really is no safe place for her to be so she might as well be as close to me as possible.

Saved Ben - Another easy one. Even though he was pretty much a complete fuck up, I couldn't just let him die.

Showed the bite to the group - Figured they would find out sooner or later anyway and them finding out that I lied to them later would probably not go down well.

Ben, Christa and Omid joined me - Christa and Omid were very eager to help even though I said I would go alone. I let Ben decided for himself since this really isn't a decision I could make for him. Kenny continued to be a dick even though I have sided with him at almost every opportunity except for killing Lily's dad.

Molly was probably my favourite part of this episode. Kinda sad to see her leave at the end but I figured that would probably happen.

The hardest decision in this episode was one I didn't really even get the chance to make fully, which was leaving Clem with Vernon. Even though I don't think he had anything to do with abducting Clem, I have no idea why he didn't warn us when he saw the horde of walkers following the train we took in. Clearly he is not completely on the up and up but I am not sure what his angle is or what the angle of the guy on the other end of the walkie is.

All and all my favourite episode yet. Every episode surprises me by being better than the last. Hope the trend continues with the final episode.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By apathylad

I stomped on the kid. I didn't want Kenny to freak out on me if he wasn't up for it.

I told Vernon the truth. There seemed to be no point in lying to him.

I brought Clementine to Crawford. This is the option I had to sit and think about for a minute. I figured that this way I could keep an eye on her rather than have her run off on her own again.

I saved Ben. Yes, he was getting on my nerves, but there was no sense in just letting him just because he was an inconvenience. Having Clementine stand up for Ben was a touching moment.

Yes, I showed the bite to the group. All the people in the group, even Kenny, agreed to help search for Clementine. Kenny was hesitant at first, but once Lee said that she's family, Kenny said Lee was there for him when it mattered the most.

By the way, did you guys find the third tape? I didn't get it, but read in a spoiler thread that you find something important out in that. Too bad I missed it. I read that it's in the locker with the bloody hand print.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milkman

Goddammit, Gary is such a dick. 

• I killed the boy in the attic. I had Kenny kill Duck last episode so this was an easy decision. I wasn't going to put him through that again. 
    •  I told Vernon the truth. There was no reason for me to bust into these people's home and then be a dick to them. We need all the help we can get. 
    •  I brought Clem with me to Crawford. In the end, I felt more comfortable with her at my side than alone in a house with Omid, who could have died and turned while we were gone. 
    • I saved Ben. Even if he keeps screwing up, we're not savages. I wasn't going to let someone from our group die like that. 
    • I showed my bite to the group. Nothing good would have come from lying to everyone. And I brought everyone with me. I thought about telling Kenny to go fuck himself after he said I hadn't always been there for his family but I swallowed my pride. What a dick, though.
    Other notes: 
    I'm pretty bummed that Chuck didn't get the send-off he deserved. It almost felt like they couldn't get the voice actor for the episode. He's there one second and gone the next and no one even mentions it afterwards.  

When Clem broke down after I told her that we probably wouldn't find her parents...man, that was rough stuff. The connection this game allows you to feel with her is unlike any other game I've ever played. I really feel like I would do anything to keep her safe. 

They can't kill Lee, right? He's going to pull through somehow, right? RIGHT, GUYS?! SOMEONE?!?!
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Milkman
    @Apathylad: Yes, the third tape is in the locker. It shows that Molly was part of Crawford and left after they found out her sister was sick. (I'm blanking on the disease she had) The tape implies that she was exchanging...sexual favors with the doctor for the medicine for her sister. It's pretty fucked. You can talk to her about it after you see the tape.
    Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@notdavid said:

Told the truth to Vernon, left Clem at the house, saved Ben, told the truth about getting bitten, and told Kenny to fuck off. Everyone else is rolling with me. But fuck Kenny. That was by far the most cathartic moment of the whole series.

I really, really wish I'd chosen to tell Kenny to fuck off. I almost did, but I decided to beg for his help, I can't stand the idea of Clementine in danger and I wanted all the help I could get. I thought maybe, just maybe, the fact that he, Lee, and Clem are the only ones left from the original group would be enough to influence Kenny's decision. But no, Kenny continues to be a complete cock.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Stomped the kid in the attic.

Told Vernon the truth.

Brought Clementine to Crawford.

Saved Ben, though I really had to think about it.

Showed the bite to the group.

Told Kenny to fuck off which I didn't have to think about at all.

The last episode was more "fucked up" but I felt this one had some equally tough decisions. Seeing the breakdown of who can end up staying with you surprised me, as it seems like every combination of people is possible. Only Omid and his lady friend decided to join me which is interesting because I haven't really given a shit about them up to that point, probably because they haven't been around too long. The thing that struck me most as I was playing is how Lee's (my) relationship with Kenny had changed so drastically since the beginning of the season. We had each others backs for so long but that changed entirely when I refused to kill Lilly's father. I figured sparing him from having to kill Duck would count for a lot but apparently that's not the case. Can't wait for episode 5 so I can do the whole thing over again. Serious GotY contender.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedSox8933

Man, am I the only one who dropped Ben? Goddammit I'm an asshole.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kerned

I shot the zombie kid (I made Kenny kill Duck, so I couldn't have possibly asked him to do it)

I was honest with Vernon (lying seemed like a bad plan)

I brought Clementine to Crawford (I felt like I needed to in order to help her feel confident and helpful)

I let Ben die (I thought Kenny would have killed him anyway, and letting him die would prevent a potentially group-splitting conflict. Also, I didn't trust or like him, so fuck him)

I was honest about the bite, not initially, but on my second opportunity (I was so shocked and upset about it that I figured I may as well just clear the air now)

My party going into episode 5: Lee, Kenny, Omid and his girlfriend what's-her-name.

Great episode overall. Not as good as Ep. 3, but certainly no slouch. I didn't even comprehend that Lee had been bitten at first. Total denial. I can't believe Lee is going to die! How awful...

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#14  Edited By donutfever

I dropped Ben too. Something about what he and Kenny had said made sound like it was him or somebody else in the group. Clem's reaction made me regret it.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kerned

@DonutFever: Clem's reaction made me regret it too. One of the main reasons I went ahead with it was that I figured Lee would just tell the group he got nabbed by a zombie. I was a little pissed off that anyone ended up finding out; it seemed like no one else was around. I was just trying to defuse a bad situation (although in a very morally questionable way).

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thekingoftoilets
    • I hit the zombie kid with a wrench.
    • I seem to be the only person who lied to Vernon. (Which, in a way, somewhat influenced my decision to not let clem go with him later on).
    • Brought clem to Crawford (Chuck made a good point in the previous episode, and that training helps).
    • I let Ben die. At first, I abstained my vote to keep him or leave him, but I put the group first, and Ben wouldnt listen to me when I told him to shut the fuck up about how he put the group at risk at the motor inn.
    • I showed the bite to the group. Thought of it as the best thing to do, and rather them finding out later at perhaps a more crucial moment.
    • My group for the last episode: Lee, Omid, and Christa.

My favorite episode of the bunch so far, and the way that Clem just breaks down when you tell her (if you wanted to) that the search for her parents would have to wait again just hit me hard. Also, Lee got bit. LEE. FUCKING. GOT. BIT.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedSox8933

@Kerned: That's exactly what I thought too. I thought I could lie to the group and that's one of the reasons I did it. Now that I think about it that makes me sound like a horrible person (and Clem's reaction didn't help).

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedSox8933

Ok so now I'm the only one who hid the bite?

Avatar image for divineshadow777
    DivineShadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DivineShadow777

Since I shot Duck in Episode 3 I had to let Kenny have his moment of Redemption

I told Vermon the truth as the way he was hesitating and holding the gun I knew he didn't have what it takes to steal away a life. Once I saw that I just had to reach out for him so he would ignore that stupid women's voice so glad shes dead.

No that I look back I don't know what convinced me to let Clem come to Crawford with me I guess its because I knew if worse came to worse I could always protect her. Plus she needs to be able to make choices without me

I saved ben for two reasons. One I can't just let good people die, I mean if you take away his failures he is the most capable of the group right know I want to make him into a strong enough man to take care of Clem before I kill myself. Also I just know he is going to come of use to me sometime soon

I revealed the bite to the group to get everyone else on board with Operation "Saving Hope" as I have dubbed it and the sympathy from getting bit is strong plus what can a man on his deathbed do alone. Also I need this emotion to power my words to teach ben to be a strong man before I die. Lastly I needed to say those words out aloud to myself to truly believe them.

Everyone is coming with me which is surprising because it sounds like Kenny is a hard man to get to follow and I have not been there all the time for him.

Sidenote Who else kicked Molly's ass because that was one hell of a beat down anyway you guys who are riding solo tell me how that go's for you I personally couldn't stand to be alone at a time like this.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By hbkdx12
    @RedSox8933: I hid it

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kerned

Anyone else end up with 50/50 split on all stats at the end? Seems super unlikely, but maybe it's just because it's launch day and they haven't been properly tracked yet.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Kerned: Nope. I had what looked like pretty believable and accurate stats
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nightriff

@RedSox8933 said:

I'm with you, I didn't have the connection to him that I have had with previous characters so it wasn't a hard choice to let go, my wife was kinda mad though....

@DonutFever said:

I dropped Ben too. Something about what he and Kenny had said made sound like it was him or somebody else in the group. Clem's reaction made me regret it.

AND then I regretted the decision too, I also hated the fact that you can't go look for her parents, I don't believe any of the options were we will go look, that was disappointing.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By landon

I really don't understand where I went wrong with Kenny. He refused to come with me at the end saying that I worry too much about myself, rather than the group? Motherfucker, are you out of your mind? I killed your kid AND the boy in the attic! I gave YOUR family food and let myself go hungry when we were rationing it off! And now when I'm bit and need your help the most and you turn me down? I tried to be your friend and this is the thanks you give me? Fuck you.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By landon

@Kerned: Yeah, I got 50/50 on all my stats too. I played the game pretty early though, I thought it just defaulted to that when a bunch of players haven't had their stats posted yet.

Avatar image for divineshadow777
    DivineShadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DivineShadow777

@Kerned: Same Here but the real stats are up know if you really care replay the end of the chapter for them.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman
    @Kerned said:

I didn't even comprehend that Lee had been bitten at first. Total denial. I can't believe Lee is going to die! How awful...

I still can't come to terms with this. I refuse to believe that Lee is going to die. He HAS to find some way to pull through, right? Like they'll find some kind of cure or something. They can't kill him. THEY JUST FUCKING CAN'T.
    TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TJ311

Alright so I just finished the episode and am super bummed about the choices I made and am thinking about going back and changing them. I killed Ben and now I feel guilty. And I hid the bite the first time but feel like I should have told them the second time. I really feel like I should do that but I really want to! SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF IT!!

vanfarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vanfarley

@TJ311: I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't already, the game just doesn't hold the same emotional weight when you look behind the curtain. If you've made it this far I'd copy my save before ep. 5 comes out, beat it, then maybe go back once you've experienced the narrative as a cohesive story. I started looking for ways to change things in episode 3 but once you're face-to-face with the real impact of your choices and the actual linearity of the story you can't look at the game the same imho.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By AndrewB

@Nightriff said:

@RedSox8933 said:

I'm with you, I didn't have the connection to him that I have had with previous characters so it wasn't a hard choice to let go, my wife was kinda mad though....

@DonutFever said:

AND then I regretted the decision too, I also hated the fact that you can't go look for her parents, I don't believe any of the options were we will go look, that was disappointing.

I dropped him purely by accident of clicking my ass off to try to save him. One of the very few choices I've restarted to fix. I had tears in my eyes trying to save that dumbass, knowing that on some level he deserved it but I could never let him die because of it.

I lost Kenny because of my decision. Seeing that 19% of people that have garnered the support of everyone who is capable of being saved so far has made me regret some of my decisions, but I've stuck with every choice I've made so far which hasn't been a glitch in the system, and I'm going to stick out episode 5 without his support.

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By randyf

I killed the kid with the spike remover. I thought it was cool that I still had it.

I "lied" to Vernon. I put "lied" in quotes because I must have misunderstood something. I thought he was just leading me back through the sewers and leaving. With that in mind, it didn't seem to matter whether or not he knew if Clementine was really my daughter.

I took Clementine with me to Crawford. I want her with me at all times and I didn't think Omid was up to the task of watching her with his injury.

I saved Ben. If he wants to die, he can do it on his own. I'm not going to be a murderer (except when I was forced to kill all of those bandits).

I didn't let Vernon take Clementine. I didn't feel like she would be any safer with him than she would with me. He's a total stranger for one, and the world is messed up. No one is ever really safe, so I wasn't willing to give her up.

I showed the group my bite. I'm dead at this point, so there's really no reason to lie about anything anymore. Either they kill me or I die from the infection. I decided to show them and hopefully get rid of any doubts they had about trusting me.

I took everyone, including Kenny, with me to help Clementine. Say what you will about Kenny, he's useful, and if he helps get Clementine back, than I'm willing to tolerate him.

I enjoyed this chapter, but I thought 2 and 3 were better. The action scenes always irritate me and there were more than usual. I also thought that for me, personally, the choices were far easier than in past chapters, with the exception of whether or not to bring Clementine to Crawford.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hbkdx12

The way i've played the game thus far, i've been very diplomatic and have tried to be everything to everyone to the best of my ability. So when it came to saving ben, i did. Not because i cared about him ( i really hated him and was giving him shit the entire episode every chance i got) but because the whole "there's no time, it has to be done" bullshit he was pulling was such crap. Clearly there was plenty of time. I actually didn't think the game would give you a choice and just default to him falling regardless but even before the choice came up, i'm like dude wtf, there's a shitload of time for me to pull  you up in 2 seconds. I get he was broken up about how everything was his fault but jeez. I would have much preferred if he just said he didn't want to live. 

I think the finale is working towards a conclusion that i've seen many people theorize about, how clem is going to have to make a very difficult life or death decision based on your actions in the game and the things she's seen you do. I'm sure it'll involve lee vs (the promise of) her parents or something similar if it does go that route

Also, was there no preview for the finale? I was looking forward to seeing but it never showed

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nightriff

@AndrewB said:

@Nightriff said:

@RedSox8933 said:

@DonutFever said:

I dropped him purely by accident of clicking my ass off to try to save him. One of the very few choices I've restarted to fix. I had tears in my eyes trying to save that dumbass, knowing that on some level he deserved it but I could never let him die because of it.

I lost Kenny because of my decision. Seeing that 19% of people that have garnered the support of everyone who is capable of being saved so far has made me regret some of my decisions, but I've stuck with every choice I've made so far which hasn't been a glitch in the system, and I'm going to stick out episode 5 without his support.

I actually thought about restarting because I select Lie when talking to Clem at the end of the episode, I don't know why I chose that answer but with this game I have a strict policy to stick with the choice I made (intentional or not). But I didn't think of restarting because I dropped Ben, actually I thought about restarting because Kenny was an ass and made it look like I did it for him which is completely wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably my least favorite episode of the bunch to this point. I didn't feel challenged by any of the decisions until I'd been bitten, and even then, I'd resigned myself to it pretty quickly and figured it'd be better to just tell them and let them deal with it as best they saw fit.

Perhaps it's because, by this point, I've deduced who my Lee is with such confidence (a credit to the writing in all four episodes) that I can easily determine what avenue in each conundrum I'll take. But I felt that most of the choices here were pretty binary.

---

I wrenched the kid in the attic.

Relatively simple decision. Like the Duck situation, it didn't seem like Kenny was going to take the initiative to deal with the walker. And I didn't want to use the gun because of obvious pragmatic reasons. Walloped the walker with a wrench and moved on.

I told Vernon the truth.

I didn't have anything to hide. The man had a gun to my head. I knew I could talk him down by just being cool. Pretty straightforward.

Clem came along to Crawford.

Mostly, she'd guilted me into it. But also because I didn't want Clem alone in a house with a dude whose health may or may not totally fade from him. Because zombies.

Saved Ben.

Another simple choice. Kid was acting a fool. Even in Episode 3, he's shown nothing but guilt, and this episode he, through simple presence of character, made himself out to be a well-meaning character. I understand he faults himself for Duck and Katjaa and all the stupid shit that happened after the raid on the motel, but he didn't intend for any of that. He's got no backbone, but he doesn't have an evil spirit.

Showed everyone the bite.

I knew this shit was coming pretty early in the series. I knew Lee would eat it and would only be able to ferry Clem along so far. Again, hiding the bite is only going to complicate my ultimate goal--protecting as much of this group as I can for as long as I can. They not only need to know, but deserve to. Again, a pretty simple quandary.

---

Kenny stayed behind, claiming I've stopped sticking up for him and his family, even though I helped him through the single most devastating event of his life. Pragmatically, it's a tough loss. But emotionally I can reckon quickly with the idea that he won't appreciate the degree to which I've fostered the entire group.

I agree one-hundred percent about Chuck. It rendered him irrelevant in the scope of the narrative and was, for lack of a better term, disrespectful to that character. You'd think Lee would bring it up or that someone would ask about whether Chuck might still be out there, but nothing, nada, zilch.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AndrewB

@Nightriff: I restarted only because that entire sequence I was thinking about saving that dumbass. Every other encounter with zombies has required a repeated tapping of Q to escape from, but this one ended up with the first choice being to let him drop, which was the first thing it chose whilst I was clicking away furiously trying to prevent it. I don't feel like that was fair, and thus I restarted. There have been plenty of poor choices I've stuck with during this episode in particular (and prior ones, to be sure), but I wouldn't let this change in the game mechanics be the cause of me making the exact opposite decision that I intended to make. My path has left me crippled in an entirely different manner.

toschi2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By toschi2222

Interessting stuff here for sure. So with my team Kenny refused to join me because I also decided to bring Ben along. How come it is possible to bring both guys along when Kenny hates Bens guts?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AndrewB

@toschi2222 said:

Interessting stuff here for sure. So with my team Kenny refused to join me because I also decided to bring Ben along. How come it is possible to bring both guys along when Kenny hates Bens guts?

I'm sure that backing Kenny in every other circumstance can still lead to him following you despite being supportive of Ben, but that requires foresight or complete devotion to Kenny in order to achieve.

toschi2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By toschi2222

@AndrewB: Yeah, bet you're right. Could only confince him with the familily angle but asking Ben was too much for him.

Damn, was a hard choice. I mean Kenny is useful and all but we just don't get along at all. Ben is a total f***up but seems at least honest about redeeming himself. Guess I just feel like he should have a second chance, just like Lee...

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kerned

@TJ311: Don't go back and change things! Part of the magic of this game comes from being forced to live with your choices -- even bad ones. I also made some choices in this episode that I regret, but I think it would cheapen the experience to go back and "fix" things. It is what it is.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PhantomGardener

Killed the kid in the attic.

Told Vernon the truth.

Had Clem stay behind at the house.

Saved Ben's life.

I showed the bite to the group.

Only Omid and Christa came with me.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By golguin

@AndrewB said:

@toschi2222 said:

I'm sure that backing Kenny in every other circumstance can still lead to him following you despite being supportive of Ben, but that requires foresight or complete devotion to Kenny in order to achieve.

Not true at all because I have not been supportive of Kenny since I decided not to kill Larry and I still got everyone to come with me at the end and I had every intention of ditching Ben and Kenny at the beginning of the episode. I somehow pulled everyone's support at the end.

Now for my decisions:

I let Kenny kill the kid in the attic. I killed Duck so I figured Kenny had to pull through and "save" the boy by giving him the gift of mercy. Lee's speech to Kenny during that scene echoed my thoughts perfectly.

I told Vernon the truth. Didn't really think twice about it.

I took Clem with me. I figured that after everything that happened in the episode she had proved herself capable. I also felt it was best to keep her near me to protect her because I had a feeling Omid was going to die and go zombie on her.

I saved Ben's life despite the fact that I swore up and down last episode that I would kill him. He left Clem to the walkers and pulled the hatchet off the door so I was completely ready to drop him. My congrats to Witta because I surprised myself when I pulled him back up.

I first hid the bite from the group, but when the game gave me a second chance to come clean I did since I was asking everyone to risk their lives to save Clem.

I got the whole group to come with me.

I'm not sure how to feel about the episode, but I definitely have a positive feeling about it. The scene with the zombie kid was very powerful and I swear I shouted some phrase several times during the scene and yet I couldn't recall what I had said a minute after it happened. I left my room to get a drink and my sister said she heard me yelling "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!" Crazy reaction as I was fully prepared to see Kenny swinging from a rope. The episode was easily the most unpredictable of the series. I thought I knew where the plot was heading, but I was constantly getting blown away by what actually happened.

In closing I would like to say that I was happy when Clem finally got her first zombie killed and then totally bummed when I made her cry right before she left.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AndrewB

@golguin: Huh. Now I'm totally wondering what it was that turned Kenny away from me, because I feel like I've done everything to support him in every situation where he made a lick of rational sense. I think the only time I've been against him was way back when I was being diplomatic trying to convince him to get along with Lilly. Even then, I was mostly on his side trying to convince Lilly to go to the waterfront and leave the motel.

LucVargas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LucVargas

I killed the boy in the attic. I guess I didn't want Kenny to do it because that would fuck him up even more.

I told Vernon the truth. Didn't even think about it, they looked like nice people.

I took Clem with me. By far, the most difficult choice in this episode. I couldn't leave her alone and I didn't want her to be angry with Lee.

Saved Ben. The fact that he asked to Lee to let him go kinda made me respect him. Plus, even if wanted to die, nobody deserves to die like that.

Showed the bite. I thought "what the hell". And everyone except Ben came with me. It seemed like a choice between Kenny or Ben. Kenny wins for being more reliable.

Overall, I didn't think this episode was as fucked up as I expected. I think the only moment that truly disturbed me was the boy in the attic. But Gary Whitta wins my respect for almost making me cry while playing a videogame: the moment where Clementine started crying was the most heartbreaking moment I've ever experienced in a videogame. I got really misty eyed.

Very solid episode, I thought. Probably with the most zombie action so far. I still think episode 2 was the best, though.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AndrewB

That part with the zombie in the attic was rough. Just like with Duck, I couldn't let Kenny off a kid who looked purposefully like Duck... I knew that I shouldn't shoot it, because that would be a waste of bullets and would make too much noise. Yet it was the choice between the spanner and my foot, and I chose foot, and I still hovered there for a good minute with the thing clawing at my leg before I could bring myself to click and finish him off. That's the kind of stuff that doesn't really get to me in the same way if I'm just watching it play out in an episode of scripted TV, but when I'm the one doing the deed, it tears at me. That's exactly why I play video games. That's why I love this series so much.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By golguin

@AndrewB said:

That part with the zombie in the attic was rough. Just like with Duck, I couldn't let Kenny off a kid who looked purposefully like Duck... I knew that I shouldn't shoot it, because that would be a waste of bullets and would make too much noise. Yet it was the choice between the spanner and my foot, and I chose foot, and I still hovered there for a good minute with the thing clawing at my leg before I could bring myself to click and finish him off. That's the kind of stuff that doesn't really get to me in the same way if I'm just watching it play out in an episode of scripted TV, but when I'm the one doing the deed, it tears at me. That's exactly why I play video games. That's why I love this series so much.

If you stepped on zombie kid's head did the game still let you carry him downstairs and bury him? I would imagine he wouldn't have a face to look at anymore.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AndrewB

@golguin: His head was kind of crushed inward... but I still carried him down and buried him. Maybe that made it even worse. That was a teary moment for me. It's not like I have children of my own or anything, but it still got to me pretty heavily.

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Smokay

So im curious about something,if you take Clem with you to crawford what happens to Omid?I choose to leave Clem in the house and from there you have 2 options you tell her to hide or leave her with a gun and when I came back she had killed a zombie in the house.I was so damn proud of her, that was some of the best feel good moment in this series that ive had so far.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AndrewB

@Smokay: Hmmm... Omid was still fine in my playthrough, and Clem still shot a zambie and saved my ass.

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Smokay

@AndrewB:At which point did this happen in crawford?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AndrewB

@Smokay: Hmmm... I totally can't remember now, and it's bugging the crap out of me. All I remember is a really heated moment where I had to aim quick and Clementine took the shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.