Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Chapter 4: Around Every Corner- Your Choices *spoilers*

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By Bones8677
    1. Killed boy with Spike Remover
    2. Told Vernon the truth.
    3. Brought Clementine
    4. Dropped Ben's sorry ass
    5. Didn't tell the group about the bite.
    6. Kenny joined me.
    Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Laiv162560asse
    @santoo said:

misc questions:

- at the end of the cannibal-ep (#2?), there was a woman watching our group through binoculars IIRC - has this been resolved yet? any connection to the walkie-talkie-voice?

- do we know that vernon is the the walkie-walkie-voice we heard in earlier eps? for that matter, do we know that he was the guy who warned us at the bell-ringing? or have we been in contact with 2 or maybe even 3 people?

1) The woman watching the motel camp is dead (at least in my game). She was fixated upon Clementine as a replacement for her own dead daughter. She was the one who stole Clementine's hat, as you discover from finding the hat at her campsite. She was killed by the psycho hillbilly son when she confronts you both - not sure if that's true for every play through, but I'm sure she's out of the running, whatever you've done.

2) I'm pretty certain that Vernon is not and has never been the voice. It doesn't sound like Vernon and he said 'this isn't Vernon' when I challenged him over the radio at the end of the ep. It's only ever been one voice, IMO, and Vernon hasn't been the one manipulating Clem by using her parents' walkie.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Ducksworth

@santoo said:

-if you/kenny shoot the kid: is there any fallout from the noise (or wasting of bullets)?

-if you tell vernon the truth: how is you relationship with him - and his wife? (when lying to him, his wife stays a total bitch until she finally gets what she deserves; he himself is understandably reserved but cooperative.)

As far as I can tell, there is no impact from shooting the kid vs the other methods. I was honest with Vernon so I haven't seen how Brie (who is actually not his wife) reacts. She was hostile in the sewers but afterwards she seemed completely fine to me.

As for me:

1. Killed the kid with whatever tool I had
    2. Told the truth to Vernon
    3. Took Clementine with me
    4. Saved Ben
    5. Told the group about the bite
    6. Everyone except Kenny

I was actually a bit sad that Kenny wouldn't be coming with me. We've butt heads before and I've been more neutral than on his side but I thought he would have come.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Subbeh

Kenny said I'd gone against him too many times (annoying as I've backed him plenty) but would come as I'd been there for Duck and Kat. Unfortunately Ben's coming along was too much for him, there was no way I was letting that little coward get out of helping Clem.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By pyrodactyl

holy shit

I think I made the right decisions considering my previous choices in ep 1, 2, 3

1-clubed the kid (foot is just nasty and the gun makes to much noise)

2-told Vernon the truth (why would you lie?)

3-dropped Ben, he made his decision himself, was a HUGE fuckup and there was no space for everyone one the boat.

4-showed the bite, not telling people about Lee's past was colosal mistake and I wasn't about to repeat it.

5-everyone still alive came with me

What makes me think I made the right calls was the fact that Kenny wouldn't have come with me if I didn't let Ben sacrifice himself. I didn't informe him about Lee's past and sided with that Lily bitch in the freezer. You might consider him a total douch but Kenny as been there from the start, always had my back and always did what was best for the group.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By bkbroiler

@RedSox8933 said:

I don't know how I feel about this one yet. I agree, it sets up the finale very well, but I don't necessarily think that penultimate episodes have to only be good set ups. I think this episodes was better than how that statement makes it look, but I think that there was a very large conceit throughout the whole episode that this is a set up for the finale. That being said, some of the choices were really well done. Just when I thought I had found Lee's (and mine, I suppose, by extension) moral center (like Ryan said in the Bombcast a few weeks ago), he gets bit, and I don't know what to think. I always told the truth to the group. I felt like that was necessary for the strength of the group, and to keep Clementine close. But when Lee gets bit, I froze up. It threw everything I thought I knew into doubt. My mind went through all the ways the group would react, and I just couldn't keep my mind straight. So I hid the bite and chose to go alone. When a game can completely shift your opinions so quickly while not seeming artificial, that's pretty goddamned impressive.

Shot the boy in the attic - This one was pretty easy for me. I had Kenny shoot Duck in the last episode, and I just couldn't do that again. Hell, I could barely do it the first time (it seemed right at the time)

Told the truth to Vernon - Again, pretty easy choice. It was very clear that telling the truth would diffuse the situation a lot quicker than lying, and then there are no long-term ramifications.

Brought Clementine to Crawford - This was another difficult choice, and one that I can't really explain. Square for No, Circle for Yes. From the moment that timer started I said to myself, "No way. No, you're not coming with us. No. No. No.... No?" And then I hit the circle button.

Let Ben fall - Ben had never really clicked with me. He just seemed incompetent, naive, muddleheaded, and just generally a danger to himself and to others. The way he handled his responsibility with Clementine really pissed me off, and the number of times he had fucked everything up for the group was shocking. This is a decision I'm not really proud of myself for making, but I let him fall to his death. I saw that he understood these things, that he was detrimental to the health of the group, and I rationalized my decision based on that (and also I thought I could lie to the group and Clementine wouldn't figure it out, fucking Kenny). When we got back to the house, I really felt bad about it. I acted selfishly and foolishly thought that I could hide it from Clementine. I made it better with her, I think, but I still don't think I made the right choice. Nobody should die like that, even if it is their own will, and someone as good as Lee shoudn't have been the executioner.

Hid bite from the group - See above.

Who came with me - Nobody, see above.

Okay, thinking through that episode really helped my estimation of it. Overall, I thought it was a great episode that further solidified its Game of the Year status for me. Well done, Whitta.

Wow, that's almost completely the opposite of me. I loved reading through your logic on it all. This game is incredible.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By bkbroiler

- Killed the kid in the attic. Didn't want to make Kenny do more, though it seemed like it might help him through things a bit, I dunno.

- Told the truth. This one didn't really seem like one of the "big choices" to me. I can't imagine that many people threatening him; it would completely change my playstyle.

- Brought Clem to Crawford. I wanted her close to me. And she is useful anyway. And it would make her happy.

- Saved Ben. In the end, I just didn't want to let him kill himself. I considered letting him fall but I wanted to save him.

- Showed the group the bite right away. I always hate it when people hide that shit in movies. I didn't want to do that.

I got everyone but Ben to come with me. Kenny didn't want him along, and I told Ben to stay. Where other people able to convince Kenny to let Ben come?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#158  Edited By eccentrix

I was surprised that so many people took Clem to Crawford. I left her at home with a gun and she was fine. Also, Ben not helping me find her because I called him a liability seemed pretty unreasonable. I'd just saved his life and how could I trust him after he just left Clem to a group of zombies to save himself? That wasn't as bad as Kenny saying I never do anything for the group, though. If that was true, none of them would be alive and Clem and I would still be at the motel.

I feel better now.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By icytower38

Had Kenny kill the kid: I shot Duck and thought it might help him work things out Told Vern the truth: I've made it a habit to do so every episode Brought Clem to Crawford: Ijust can't say no to that kid, and she really proved herself in this episode Let Ben go: I struggled with this one the most, and really regretted it as soon as I did Showed the bite: again I have to tell the truth Omid & Crista joined me What an episode, I really felt emotionally attached to everyone. Ben might have been the cause of the turmoil, Kenny was an ass despite me having his back. Molly was great. Vern was cool. But every decision was tough on some level.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By ashogo

@bkbroiler said:

I got everyone but Ben to come with me. Kenny didn't want him along, and I told Ben to stay. Where other people able to convince Kenny to let Ben come?

Apparently you just need to tell Kenny "deal with it", and then if he likes you enough he'll still come with you. I ended up kind of unintentionally telling him to stay behind.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By bkbroiler

@ashogo said:

@bkbroiler said:

Apparently you just need to tell Kenny "deal with it", and then if he likes you enough he'll still come with you. I ended up kind of unintentionally telling him to stay behind.

I should have tried that. I was scared of losing both of them. I feel I had a decent relationship with Kenny although we disagreed whenever he got bloodthirsty and ruthless.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By bkbroiler

@eccentrix said:

I was surprised that so many people took Clem to Crawford. I left her at home with a gun and she was fine. Also, Ben not helping me find her because I called him a liability seemed pretty unreasonable. I'd just saved his life and how could I trust him after he just left Clem to a group of zombies to save himself? That wasn't as bad as Kenny saying I never do anything for the group, though. If that was true, none of them would be alive and Clem and I would still be at the motel.

I feel better now.

How did she take being left behind? Was she disappointed in you?

I'm kind of wondering now if there will be a final "Clem Likes You" tally, like there was for Kenny.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By eccentrix

@bkbroiler: She was mostly annoyed because I'd been so insistent on her staying close to me. I just couldn't take her on a dangerous mission into a place that had a reputation for hating kids.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By bkbroiler

@eccentrix: Interesting. Thanks! I really love this game for the thought and choice it brings to the player when dealing with other people. So awesome.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By eccentrix

@bkbroiler: Yeah, Norm really called it on the GOTY thing.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By redbliss

I was shocked that 80% of people revealed the bite. I have been all about the group from choice #1, but I thought I could hold that revelation off until later.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By eccentrix

@redbliss: Despite what you might hear from Kenny, I just wanted what was best for the group, so I didn't want to hide anything. We all have to make important decisions, so it's good to have the facts.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#168  Edited By Nodima

I only read the first page, but when it came to killing the kid, I didn't really hesitate to take the kid out. I like how some people have described their decision to give the gun to Kenny to clear his mind of Duck and realize tons of people's kids are equally fucked, but in Episode 3 I'd given the gun to Kenny and then convinced him not to shoot Duck, and we just left him there silent in the forest. So in a way I didn't want to give him a gun and have him make some truly awful decision like killing himself, knowing that his son is wandering around in the woods looking for brains (or, in this game's case, apparently intestines?). But when I approached the zombie I saw the foot option and figured you'd kick the zombie or something just to be a dick, so I tried it out (my Lee has a bit of a playful streak). So when he calmly placed his foot on the kid's head and it started clawing up his leg, almost begging for food even though it no longer needed any to live, I was a bit surprised that you weren't given the option to shoot it military style but even more that you could crush its head under your weight. So I did.

As for the rest that I can remember a few days later, I brought Clem because I figured Omid was going to turn zombie based on the group's previous luck. I threatened AND lied to Vernon, first out of impulse and secondly out of desperation (I didn't want to have to navigate more sewer sequences if that was the case should Vernon not tag along). I saved Ben even though I kept thinking all throughout the episode that if I found a chance for him to eat it I'd be all for it (even after asking Clem for her opinion, I shut her down and said Ben wasn't worth keeping around during the vote) but when it came time to actually let him die, a part of me just felt like Lee had been trying to shake the reputation of a murderer from the very beginning, and one of the few people who hadn't passed some kind of judgement on him for it (Carley) was dead, so I wanted to redeem myself. I suppose I also felt giving Ben another chance might reap some big story rewards going forward, or lead to an even more tragic end.

I told Vernon to forget about it because I feel too much like Clem's mentor at this point to just hand her off to some stranger who's content to stay put in Savannah. I didn't push Kenny either way to come with me, but since I'd taken every opportunity to let Duck into harm's way and convinced him to leave his kid behind in the woods it was understandable he wouldn't come along. I showed the group the bite because I'd been dishonest with strangers the whole episode, so I felt it was most realistic to be honest with the people I knew well (or at least was familiar with, in the case of Omid and Christa).

Lastly, I'm just pumped as hell for Episode 5, and amazed at them having eight different formats for the group heading into the search for Clementine. If there was any question that this was a game inviting a half dozen replays before, I'm pretty sure that single screen put that to rest.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#169  Edited By lumley

- Killed the kid in the attic. Used the wrench.

- Told the truth. Telling lies never helps in the long run.

- Brought Clementine to Crawford. Didn't want to leave her.

- Saved Ben. I felt sorry for him.

- Showed the group the bite right away. The guys all trust me so I thought I'd better tell them.

Everybody came with me.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#170  Edited By turboman

Finally got a chance to sit down with the game and a few beers.

Absolutely loved it once again. Of course, this is the episode that builds up to the finale, but it perfectly set up the city of Savannah enough to have a lot of interesting conflicts. I was kind of bummed that I didn't actually get a chance to meet with any members of The Crawford, but I'm sure it might happen in the last episode. Molly was a good character to meet and attach to, as well as Vernon and his group. I always enjoy finding new groups of people and trying to find out if they're trustworthy or not (like the family in Episode 2). The only real complaint I have is the tape featuring Molly's backstory, which I agree with mostly everyone else in that it was unnecessary and didn't make sense in it existing (who makes a post-sex sex tape?).

Now, the choices I made:

Lee shot the zombie kid - I took out Duck in the last episode. I thought that I might as well deal with the kid this time as well. I felt like it bothered Kenny a lot that it looked like Duck, and since it was too late anyways, I felt like I was doing the kid a favor. The scene of Lee burying the kid was really well done and the reveal of the stalker was a good set piece.

Told Vernon the truth - Why lie to Vernon? I had nothing to hide, and since he was accusing me of being a member of Crawford, me telling him otherwise truthfully would have no repercussions.

Brought Clementine to Crawford - Clementines one goal is to find her parents. My one goal is to keep Clementine safe. I don't want to leave the girl alone ever again after she left the house before. She obviously wants to be around Lee at all times, so she is going to be around Lee at all times from now on (if I have any control of it).

Saved Ben - Ben is a fuck up, but he's still a kid. I'm not going to get rid of him before he has a chance to prove himself. Even if he wasn't going to fit on this boat, I'm not going to send him out to his death before he has a chance to prove himself. He already impressed me by standing up to Kenny and admitting his mistakes, so I'm going to keep him around.

Revealed bite to the group - I don't lie to the group ever (except for telling Ben to keep his secret). I was bitten. It sucks. We need to find Clementine and make sure she's safe.

Can't wait to find out who mystery radio man is. Can't wait to see if Clementine's parents are really out there or not. Can't wait to cry because of what will probably happen to Lee.

nasseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By nasseh

Fuck. I really regret not showing the group the bite, especially when I was presented with two opportunities to do so. Fuck me, I'm the worst, what the hell was I thinking?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#172  Edited By wrighteous86

@icytower38 said:

Told Vern the truth: I've made it a habit to do so every episode

See, this one pissed me off. I told Vern the truth, and then told him that Clem was my daughter. I wasn't fucking lying. I consider her my daughter at this point. Because of that, I got dirty looks from him all the time and had him tell me that she'd be better off without me; despite everyone else at different points saying how clear it was that I loved her and she loved me.

averagegreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By averagegreg
    • Killed the kid in the attic - I killed Duck, and I didn't think getting Kenny to shoot a kid so soon after his own son's death would help him all too much.
    • Told Vernon the truth - No point in lying to him, it would only make matters worse later.
    • Brought Clem to Crawford - I hesitated with this one; I decided in the end I didn't want Clem trapped in a house with a potentially dying man (as we all know: Death = Walker)
    • Let Ben go - Ben seemed like an OK kinda guy but he consistently put the group, and more importantly Clem, at risk. Plus it's what he wanted, his way of making up for Duck and Katjaa.
    • Showed the bite to the group - This was a no-brainer, they would've found out eventually.

Everyone (besides Ben obviously) came with me. I didn't have any problems getting Kenny to join, despite pissing him off a bit in Episodes 2 and 3. I think not fighting him, taking care of both the children and letting Ben go squared out any problems we've had in the past.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#174  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Man, how did you guys get Omid and Christa to go with you? I felt like I was super nice and amicable to them the whole time, and Christa was still all "oh no, his leg still hurts, boo-hoo". Looks like it's just me and ol' Ben going into the endgame!

@redbliss said:

I was shocked that 80% of people revealed the bite. I have been all about the group from choice #1, but I thought I could hold that revelation off until later.

Yeah, I was surprised about that as well!

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SonicBoyster

Most of the choices seem really bland or contrived but I most certainly did not show anybody the bite and I even decided to go after Clem on my own. My logic was that I wanted the guys to stay around and wait for me but I didn't want to threaten the entire group if I up and died from the bite while I was trying to save Clem. I might 'rewind' and try to get a group with me but it felt more appropriate to set out on my own at the end. I was amazed only 6% of people set out solo but I suppose it makes more sense to bring people with you, bite or not.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#176  Edited By TheBluthCompany

@Milkman: Diabetes

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By audiosnow

I just finished it six minutes ago.

I had Kenny pull the trigger on Duck because I figured that was the only way he would come to terms with it, and doing it myself would only cause him to subconsciously blame me for Duck's death. Because of this I handled the kid in the attic, with the spanner so that it wouldn't disturb the rest of the group. Then everybody showed up anyway...

I was completely truthful with Vernon. The guy was clearly being honest with me, and is shrewd enough to see through any story I offered. I calmly took his gun, because while he's honest and shrewd, he wasn't exactly steady at that moment.

I took Clem to Crawford because she's getting to the point of being able to handle herself, because she has skills enough to be an asset on a job like that, and because I trusted her with me a lot more than with a potentially dying man.

I saved Ben. It was this close. His stupidity forced us out of the motor lodge, caused Kenny to have to kill his own son, led Katjaa to suicide, got my girl killed, and decimated the group in general, while his cowardice nearly got Clem eaten, and I can't even remember the rest of the results of his mistakes and decisions. When he offered his life for the group, I was this close to saying "thanks" and letting go. But what do you know, I won't let the little jerk-off die. I even tried to convince Kenny to not cut the kid's balls off. The things I do for these people...

I initially hid the bite, but when the conversation started I revealed it. When the option first popped up I hoped for a better time to show the group, preferably after Clem was safe and sound. But the second it showed up again I knew the best thing was honesty.

Everyone but Kenny came with me. When he started talking at me about how "I've failed him and his family" and how "I can't talk to him about family" I was desperately wanting the "break-teeth-down-throat" option to show up. That guy's been through a lot, but he's too blind to see just how much I've done for him and it's time he felt a little physical pain. Getting wasted when there's work to be done, getting in my face after everything I've given him, playing at group leader after the salt block murder, and bitching whenever I disagree with him and reminding me of those times constantly: this guy needs to be put in his place.

I was surprised to see how many people had Kenny kill the kid, as well as how many chose to save Ben; I expected the ratios of both to be reversed. As for the search party, I ended up with fourteen percent, which if I remember correctly was the third highest percentage.

Yalbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Yalbit
    • I shot the zombie kid in the attic, seemed like the right thing to do.
    • I told Vernon the truth.
    • I left Clem behind and gave her a gun, at the time I didn't think risking Clem was worth it and she can take care of herself.
    • I really don't like Ben and don't care if he lives or dies but I wasn't happy playing an active part in his death so I let him live.
    • I hid my bite from the group because I just had this instant reaction to not show anyone, can't really explain why.
    • I went at it alone, because I was bitten I didn't think the risk was worth it at the end of the day Clem is my responsibility.

I agree with a lot of people that this episode was a little weaker than the others but I still enjoyed it, I was actually quite taken aback when I thought I had to make a decision on if Clem was going to stay with me or not. I was initially against the idea but after giving it some thought I decided it was for the best for her to leave me and go with the others.

MJames70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By MJames70

I kind of doubt the story will be as branching as the varied group compositions at the end might make you think. They will probably have everyone who didn't side with you and is still alive change their minds and come with you to keep the writing simpler and smaller. Remember how they dealt with the Doug/Carley thing? The character played very small parts in episodes 2 and 3, and then were killed off. And that was just with 2 possible different characters in the story, let alone all the different groups possible here.

On another subject, I shot Duck; no man should have to do that to his own son, even in this situation, I felt. Then in episode 4, I wrenched the kid in the attic, as Kenny was clearly close to breaking down over it. It would be poetic in my game to have Kenny be the one to say 'Give me the gun, I'll do it' when Lee's time comes....

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Terramagi

@MJames70 said:

I kind of doubt the story will be as branching as the varied group compositions at the end might make you think. They will probably have everyone who didn't side with you and is still alive change their minds and come with you to keep the writing simpler and smaller. Remember how they dealt with the Doug/Carley thing? The character played very small parts in episodes 2 and 3, and then were killed off. And that was just with 2 possible different characters in the story, let alone all the different groups possible here.

On another subject, I shot Duck; no man should have to do that to his own son, even in this situation, I felt. Then in episode 4, I wrenched the kid in the attic, as Kenny was clearly close to breaking down over it. It would be poetic in my game to have Kenny be the one to say 'Give me the gun, I'll do it' when Lee's time comes....

It's the very end.

If they were EVER going to have your choices actually matter, this would be the only time.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#181  Edited By ashogo

@MJames70 said:

I doubt that they would do that when they made such a clear point of showing all the different possible setups at the end. The Doug/Carley thing was different, it was something that had to branch over many episodes, whereas this is only for one. It makes sense that they'd pull out the stops and go for more branching in the final episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot the kid in the attic- I thought it was the best thing to do. Kenny had been through enough with duck, and I didn't want to leave the boy for chance he'd muster his way downstairs to attack Omid or those who stayed back.

Honest and reasonable with Vernon- I felt no need to lie to him. I found out he was a doctor and we needed his help.. that one was easy for me.

Brought Clementine to Crawford- Clementine was going to come either way I feel. She has snuck past Ben and even Kenny now twice, and at this point the more helping the better. She can handle her own.

Saved Ben- This was a hard one. There was no room on the boat and someone had to be left back. He told Kenny about his role in Katja and Ducks death and how the group was against him. But I felt the blood shouldn't be on my hands, not my decision to make. If he wanted to die, he'd allow himself to die. Everyone in a depressed or painful state utters at some point just kill me... but how many people actually mean it? Not many.

Hid bite from group: I was bit. Only a matter of time before I get ill from infection and turn. I felt if I revealed the bite to the group they'd leave without me and/or Clem. Instead of worrying everyone I left it to myself.

Who came with me: No one. Not because I hadn't sided with anyone, frankly I believe everyone would have came with. However due to me being bitten I choose to look for Clem on my own. I felt that if I could reunite her with her family or at least get her to the boat, then I did my job. I couldn't risk the entire groups welfare because I was bit. When the time comes I'll turn and roam with the other zombies, or be shot by Clem possibly IDK what's to happen in Ep 5.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#183  Edited By wrighteous86

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

Saved Ben- This was a hard one. There was no room on the boat and someone had to be left back. He told Kenny about his role in Katja and Ducks death and how the group was against him. But I felt the blood shouldn't be on my hands, not my decision to make. If he wanted to die, he'd allow himself to die. Everyone in a depressed or painful state utters at some point just kill me... but how many people actually mean it? Not many.

See, the second he let go of my hand and I was holding on to his wrist, I considered that him committing suicide. It's a lot harder to pick someone up from a ledge than you'd think, especially if they're not helping in return. If he held his grip when he said that, I would've helped him, but he let go. It'd would've been to dangerous to keep trying, I thought.

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

Hid bite from group: I was bit. Only a matter of time before I get ill from infection and turn. I felt if I revealed the bite to the group they'd leave without me and/or Clem. Instead of worrying everyone I left it to myself.

Who came with me: No one. Not because I hadn't sided with anyone, frankly I believe everyone would have came with. However due to me being bitten I choose to look for Clem on my own. I felt that if I could reunite her with her family or at least get her to the boat, then I did my job. I couldn't risk the entire groups welfare because I was bit. When the time comes I'll turn and roam with the other zombies, or be shot by Clem possibly IDK what's to happen in Ep 5.

For this, we had similar motives, but different approaches. I didn't want to endanger the group, and I'd hate if someone hid that from me, so I showed them my bite. Since I was honest about the bite, I didn't feel guilty about everyone else choosing to join me, because they knew exactly what they were in for, and they felt like I had earned it. I also felt like the realized what situation Clem would be in if they didn't help, since I don't have much time left. I figured Clem would be safer from the kidnappers, and from me, if I had backup, and I wasn't risking the groups welfare because they knew to keep an eye on me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wrighteous86: Yeah, I simply did want to endanger the group but as the events were going chronologically, I wanted to still be with the group but I did not want them to know I was bit. I would have asked for help from all of them, but I got the feeling I'd be leading them to their own demise trusting me and me turning and biting them. Also like Lee said, (in my choice to go alone) Clem though isn't really, IS my responsibility alone. I took her from her home and promised to find her parents. Kenny lost his family, Omid and Christa have each other, and Ben... well I don't think he'll last much longer in Ep 5.

However in my playthrough, Kenny agrees to hold the boat until nightfall for me and Clem. So they are still helping without them risking death from me.

ZebN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ZebN
    • I shot the zombie kid - I had Kenny kill duck in the last episode so I just couldn't let him kill another kid.
    • I told Vernon the truth - No brainer for me, figured it would defuse the situation quickest.
    • I brought Clementine to Crawford - After the first time I left her at the house (to go to the pier) she was really disappointed I broke my promise to her, couldn't do that to her again.
    • I saved Ben - I don't like Ben at all, but Clementine does, and I do whatever I can to make her happy. Plus I think that he is going to redeem himself somehow down the road.
    • I showed the bite to the group - I hesitated initially but then told them, didn't really see a reason to hide something they would eventually find out.
    • I went with everyone except Kenny - This one surprised me a bit, I feel like I've been pretty fair with Kenny but I couldn't convince him to come. After he refused to go I got mad that I didn't pick the 'Fuck Off Kenny!' dialogue option.

By the way, did anyone choose to just leave the kid in the attic? If so how did it play out in the grave scene later when you see the watcher? Do they even let you leave him up there?

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#186  Edited By BaconHound

@Laivasse said:

As an addition I really disliked the Molly character. I reloaded the fight sequence 3 times in order to give her a beatdown, just because it felt exactly like what the game didn't want to happen. Instead it wanted me to appreciate some overpowered, absurd ninja character who can warp behind me in broad daylight when I have her cornered, and then improbably disarm another guy pointing a gun at her, conveniently forgetting that my beatdown-sequence-winning ass should still have been pointing a gun at her. Then she hangs around in our hideout giving us a load of sass and bad attitude, shamelessly looking for resources which should have belonged to us. All the while insisting we owe her a bunch, because she 'saved us from the alley' where a) she didn't do a hell of a lot and b) her irrepressibly sassy character drew the zombies in the first place by needlessly kicking Kenny to the ground and causing his gun to go off. I was done with her long before she wandered off with the battery and her boring Crawford back story showed up on tape, another piece of hokey improbability.

This. I found her character to be really obnoxious. She seemed awfully demanding about having a place on the boat, so I thought I'd be stuck with her. I was glad to see her go.

Regarding my choices:

• I made Kenny shoot the zombie in the attic. I shot Duck, so I figured he should man up and take care of the attic kid.
    • I told Vernon the truth. As others have said, this was an easy choice.
    • I brought Clem with me. Again, easy choice...for me anyway.
    • I saved Ben. I couldn't believe it. After all the dumb, irresponsible shit that he'd done, I was just waiting for the chance to kill him. And then when my opportunity came, I pulled him up. Others have said they regret dropping him. I'm the other way around. I wish I'd taken him out when I had the chance. Sadly, this isn't Fallout, and I can't murder him whenever it suits me.
    • I revealed the bite to the group. No reason to lie.

Christa and Omid joined me.

Overall, I thought this episode was ok - not great, not terrible, but just ok. I'm feeling more and more like I'm just clicking through some kind of interactive comic than playing a game. Maybe that's good? I don't know. The game sections feel pretty dumb at this point, e.g., the "puzzle" of how to gain entry to the house, or making my way up the stairs with a shotgun and endless ammo. I'd prefer that they spent more time on the characters, relationships, and choices. Either that, or flesh out the game stuff a little bit more and let me explore and interact with more of the environment. I've enjoyed the game, and I'm looking forward to episode 5, but I'm not sold on the rumored season two just yet.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By eccentrix

@MJames70 said:

Remember how they dealt with the Doug/Carley thing? The character played very small parts in episodes 2 and 3, and then were killed off.

If that's the case, then this game is really well written, because I thought Doug played a huge role; he was one of my favorite characters.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By bombedyermom
    • I wrench'd the kid in the attic. Also shot duck.
    • Didn't lie to vernon.
    • Left clem at the house with a gun. I know she's a good shot (after all, I trained her). I was right.
    • I let ben fall. It's funny, as soon as he was grabbed I thought, "if I don't pull the trigger my problem is solved - this guy needs to go." But then I shot the zombie, realizing I couldn't be that cold. Ben made a good case for dropping him. The fact that Kenny was there to be captain douchebag felt..... convenient from a story standpoint.
    • I hid the bite. I will tell them eventually, but when the time is right. I don't need anyone losing their shit and capping me before I find Clem. Getting bitten was shocking, the biggest "oh fuck!" moment for me so far. I've accepted my inevitable fate, although watching my dream future of "Lee and Clem, zombie hunters" go up in smoke was difficult. I'm going to die, but god damnit, I'm going to save clem first, and take a shitload of zombies with me, on my terms.
    myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#189  Edited By myniceicelife

Killed the kid in the attic with the wrench

Told Vernon the truth

Took Clem to Crawford

Saved Ben

Revealed the bite to the group

Have everyone coming along except for Kenny. I could probably have gone back and got Kenny to come with, but i want to see what happens with him supposedly working on getting the boat working.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#190  Edited By brownsfantb
    • I killed the kid in the attic. I'm surprised that most people shot him. In that situation, I didn't want to make a lot of noise. I thought that a gunshot would attract the walkers around the house to come towards the house and alert any walkers that might be hiding inside. I actually stomped him, which was an incredibly moving scene. That and the scene where you bury him were two of the hardest scenes of a game I've had to play through. Dammit Gary, did you really have to make me shovel the dirt on him 4 times?
    • I lied to Vernon. I actually did this on accident. I was interrupted while Vernon was asking a question and I wasn't sure what exactly he had asked. I thought about reloading but decided to just live with it.
    • I had Clem come to Crawford. No way was I going to leave her again after she wandered off at the beginning. Especially if Omid died and she had to take care of herself.
    • I saved Ben. It was a tough decision but I couldn't just let him die.
    • I hid the bite because I panicked, like most people would in this situation. I couldn't believe only 20% of people hid the bite. I think most of those that showed the bite would've done it differently if this wasn't just a game.
    • Noone came with me. I guess if you hide the bite, Omid and the other girl that I'm forgetting right now won't come with you, which sucks. Kenny's just an asshole and I should've just told him off. I've saved him and his family's ass so many times and just because I didn't always agree with him he's not coming with me. I think I could've had Ben come with me because he said "Whatever you think is best." But, when the dialog options came up, I couldn't decide if I wanted to be stuck with just him. So, I just didn't say anything.

I'm actually kind of excited that I'm by myself for the last episode (at least at the beginning). I think it's a good payoff for the way I've been playing my character. I also don't see it really ending any other way than for both Lee and Clem to die, which I'm actually ok with. That sounds crazy because, as gamers, we usually want to get the "best" ending, but I like sad endings from time to time. When they're done right, they can be really effective and I have full confidence in Telltale to do that kind of an ending right.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I was surprised so few people hid the bite, Ben was a asshole that got too many people killed and couldn't even look after clem I was looking forward to getting rid of him, also it was just me and Kenny at the end, seems to be Lees only true friend since the start, didn't like that new couple so I'm happy with that outcome.

Also just taking a guess but I think Episode 5 is going to finish with Clem shooting you as you turn into a zombie

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Rabid619

I really enjoyed this episode, Molly was a great new addition to the series and I really hope that she comes back for the finale. My decisions and reasons were...

Shot the boy in the Attic - Once again, this game got me early. When I went up after Kenny I didn't know what to expect, but coming across him staring desperately at a zombified boy that struck a striking resemblance to Duck broke my heart. I sat that for a moment and considered letting Kenny take care of the boy, just to somehow help him have some closure, but in the end I couldn't let him do it. I walked up to the boy myself and ended him quickly with the swing of my wrench.

I was honest with Vernon - You can't build trust on lies, in my opinion, and I needed his help. If I had lied to him, he would've eventually found out, and the group would have too. Lying here is a real no win situation to me.

I kept Clem at the House - When I finished the episode, I was honestly shocked to see that so many people brought her along. While in one way, I was extremely worried about leaving her with Omid, in case the Stalkers came around and found her, but at the same time, I couldn't bring her to a place that I knew was so dangerous. At the home, she knew where she was. If she needed to hide, she knew where to. If she went to Crawford... I was worried that she could be shot, or worse, killed by the residents of the "town". Seeing how Crawford turned out to actually be, I'm still glad that I kept the little munchkin behind. Her poor little heart is already broken, I don't know what kind of effect seeing more people die would have had.

I saved Ben - As much as I dislike Ben, I felt sorry for him in this moment. The entire episode he was on the edge, just barely hanging on while trying to atone for the sins of his past, and in this moment, the moment became literal. As Ben was hanging there, he was willing to sacrifice himself so that the rest of the group could get away. He wasn't taking the cowardly way out and begging for his life as the expense of others as he had in the past. That was the reason I pulled him up. Hopefully, now he will come to terms with himself and pull it together.

I showed the bite to the Group - I really struggled over this one. I waited and waited until the very last moment before I turned with my arm outstretched towards them. On one hand, hiding the bite would give everyone a reason to be looking up a little bit, but on the other, they needed to know. They needed to know that their friend is dying, and know the immediacy of finding and rescuing Clem from the Stalkers. Telling the group was easy. Telling Clem... that is going to be the hard part.

I got help from everyone but Ben - Funny how I was just talking about Ben redeeming himself, yet I chose to leave him at the house by himself. I may have sealed the kids fate, leaving him to die alone, but I needed Kenny. I feel bad about it now, but it was the only choice I had in the moment, so I had to take it. I hope the kid is alright when we come back... if we come back.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#193  Edited By Yummylee
    • I killed the boy in the attic - Because of course I did. C'mon now, that's not even a choice. I was definitely hesitant, though, and I looked back at the corpse while Lee was digging, if only to give some additional effect as to how fucked that entire situation was.
    • I was rational and honest to Vernon - It's certainly how I personally would have handled it, and it's how I've been steering my Lee thus far. He's made some questionable choices across the game, but he still mostly retains his humanity and compassion, and he certainly isn't going to strong arm an old man.
    • I left Clementine at the house - And by God, that choice right there had me sweating a monsoon! I was envisioning all of these possible scenarios, like Omid turning into a zombie. Plus I gave her a gun, but it was the gun with no bullets that Lee procured off Chuck's corpse! So that too had me really worried...
    • I let Ben fall to his death - It was the default choice.. I left the timer go because I couldn't bare to make it myself. I felt really awful afterwards as well, though when I had Lee explain to Clem that Ben didn't want to be saved (which was true), I convinced myself that it was probably for the best. Just wish the game didn't have to turn him some sort of Looney Tunes character... Like, seriously? Ben just happened to find this hatchet that was keeping the door filled with zombies on the other side closed. I'm surprised there wasn't a laugh track cued up for that scene.
    • I shown the bite to the group - I've been honest with them all so far; as soon as it was possible, I opened up to the group that Lee was a convicted murdered before all of this happened, and it would only cause more drama to be a coward and hide the bite. I was pleasantly surprised that they were all so supportive - even Kenny! Apparently we're bro's for life, despite how rickety our relationship has been; I've probably been more empathetic with Kenny than most players, but even I've thrown some hostility and disagreements his way.

In any case this also furthers my theory that this is all going to end with Clementine shooting a zombified/almost dead Lee. I first figured this would happen when Lee was teaching Clem how to use a gun, but now they're just practically spelling it out.

EDIT: Oh, wow. I only just now transitioned into the ''Who came with you'' screen. I never even realised that your end game group could vary so much. I still think Omid and Christa are complete throwaway characters, though, and it would have had more impact if it was, say, Carly and Lily that have stuck with you for this long. If I could have specifically chosen one, I'd find the possibility of it just being Lee and Kenny to be the most intriguing.

EDIT2: Also after checking the credits of the episode, it just occurred to me that Chuck (poor guy, shame how he ended up) is voiced by Ghost Face! Or rather his voice actor, Roger Jackson.

virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#194  Edited By virtua_ben

@RecSpec:

Well, to start off, I'm not going to spoiler warn anything pertaining to this episode's story, because this thread is already full of spoilers.

My choices:

Kenny and the kid: This was one of the few decisions I had to really think about. Kenny was making it obvious that he didn't have the confidence to do it, though, I realized that he was still reeling from his son's death and his inability to shoot his son (who can blame him for that anyhow?). This kid reminded him of Duck, but wasn't Duck. I felt that this instant would be the perfect conduit for Kenny to release some of his emotions.

I lied to Vernon, albeit, accidentally. He asked if I had a daughter, and at this point in the game I consider Clementine as my adopted daughter. One fault of this episode was the one-dimensionality of this particular choice. Is Clem my biological daughter? Uh, no she's not. Can she still be my daughter in another, less genetic sense? Yes she can.

Clem and Crawford: Another instance where I actually had to contemplate the ramifications of my choices. My decision was two-fold: I didn't want to leave Clem by herself with someone that could potentially turn. Secondly, (and again, I'm thinking deep) Clem needs to learn how to survive in the new zombie-riddled world. If I sheltered her too much then she wouldn't be prepared to protect herself when/if the time came for it.

Ben: Saved the dude. Easy decision. Not because my name is also Ben, but because this dude didn't do anything too bad. He's a teenager that's going to make stupid decisions from time-to-time. Anyways, I feel that most of the decisions he made didn't actually put the group in harm's way. He tried to save the group by paying off the bandits (the bandits would have attacked earlier had he not paid them off), and him denying that it was him, well, again, not a decision that's worthy of a death sentence. The kid needs guidance, just like Clem.

I revealed the bite to the group because I don't like to lie intentionally. Lee will probably die OR like in the comic,

he can amputate the arm and still live.

Everyone except Kenny is coming with me. I've had the dude's back when he wasn't acting hysterical, and I told him I really needed him. He still decided not to join me. I wish he would've joined, because, ultimately, I like the guy. He's an asset, but you've got to learn how to calm him down. With that, I hope he doesn't ditch the group at the dock.

MLeeLunsford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By MLeeLunsford

Mashed the kids head in the attic: Kenny took care of Duck in the woods, took it upon myself to do this one.

Was honest with vernon: Learned lies just complicate things.

Brought clem to crawford: Didn't want to leave her alone again, felt she'd be safer with me (and maybe I'd be safer with her.)

Ben: Saved him. I hate ben, I've told him I don't like him, I've threatened to kill him, but I'm not actually going to take part in killing a healthy person.

Revealed the bite to the group. Just because I'm doomed doesn't mean I should put the others in danger.

Who came with?: Everyone, despite me saying "No I need to do this alone" no one would let me, the group stuck together all on their own. I find that kind of odd. I threatened to kill Ben, I fought Kenny and we traded blows, and now I'm on my way to being a zombie and still all insisted that they help.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Out of curiosity what happens if you save Ben. I let him die I was looking forward for an oppurtunity to kill him since we were in the camper van and he lied about giving the bandits help and got carly and duck killed.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Terramagi

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Out of curiosity what happens if you save Ben. I let him die I was looking forward for an oppurtunity to kill him since we were in the camper van and he lied about giving the bandits help and got carly and duck killed.

He's alive, that's what happens.

You monster.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Terramagi: The way I see it he would of got everyone else killed before himself, the guy was a coward and I hated him. Plus there wasn't going to be a place on the boat for him anyway.

thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#199  Edited By thepantheon

I can't believe how many people showed the bite to the group. I began as a lone soldier, I'll die as one. Just so long as I can protect Clem, noone has to know until I leave.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By cornbredx

I first want to mention how interesting it is no one mentions Brie- who was also introduced in this episode then... well you know if you played it what happens to her (I don't know if this can be different for people though). 

Anywho, I felt the choices in this one to be less impactful and easier:  

I convinced Kenny to shoot the zombie child- seemed like something he needed to do this time. 

I was honest with Vernon- didn't see the harm in it and they seemed clearly like they were just people surviving like we were. Didn't see the harm in it. I was more distrusting of Molly (I saw her "twist" from the moment they explained Crawford). The mistrust seemed to ultimately be meaningless as nothing came of it other then finding out I was right and confronting her about it which she complied with.

Brought Clementine along- It is my feeling that if society broke down the norm is no longer prudent. Children will have to learn to take care of themselves and the group earlier then maybe they would normally and bringing her along would cement that mentality. Also she has proven she can be helpful, is brave, and also gave me a chance to keep an eye on her more. 

I saved Ben- I can relate to being a screw up. He did what he thought was best and turns out he messed up, a lot. He had good intentions, despite the hell it lead to.

Revealed bite to the group- my intent is to sacrifice myself at the end of the game. I'm not getting on that boat and have been against the boat from the beginning- it's one of the worst ideas if there is an apocalypse in my opinion. It's a terrible idea and I would rather stay behind, anyway. My thoughts on this came to a head when Kenny indicated there wasn't enough room for everyone (which seemed to become a pointless moment at the end of the episode anyway) but this typified my intent to not get on the boat. I'd rather not have Clem get on the boat either but I don't know if I trust Vernon enough to take care of her- i'm really uncertain what to do with Clem honestly. After I got bit, though, I figured it probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to have Clem go with Vernon's group. At first I was going to hide the bite, informing the group Clem was gone, but it gives you a second chance (and still counts) so I ended up telling them I was bit. I mainly just didn't want them over reacting or trying to make me get on the boat, I really want the option to not get on the boat. I decided against hiding it after the second option though as I had decided in episode 2 not to lie to anyone I feel I can trust and I told them about the bite after telling them Clem was gone. 

Kenny was not with me in deciding to go get Clem. I could care less sometimes. He can be a real asshole. I have been there for him through everything, even if we don't always agree, and he wants to justify not helping look for one of the group, let a lone a child? Fuck him. It took everything I had to not outright say that as that is an option. Come to think of it that affected me the most in this episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.