Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 FREE mutliplayer weekend: Dec 2nd - 4th - Available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC

• 52 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Poll Titanfall 2 FREE mutliplayer weekend: Dec 2nd - 4th - Available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (207 votes)

I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I think it's great. 53%
    I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I like it. 11%
    I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I didn't care for it. 4%
    I haven't played Titanfall 2 multiplayer yet, but I'll try it this weekend. 21%
    I enjoy multiplayer games, but I'm not interested in Titanfall 2. 7%
    I don't enjoy multiplayer games. I don't even know why I clicked this thread. 5%

[edit] FOV and film grain sliders are being added to the console versions! Patch notes can be found here:

New Features

• Added FOV slider to console, increased FOV maximum to 110 on all platforms.
    • Added Film Grain slider.
    • You can now toggle between having a 2D or 3D style damage indicator in the HUD options.
    • Added a new in-game store to purchase Prime Titans, Titan Art Packs, Callsign Pack, and Camo Pack. Please note, all purchasable items are cosmetic only and do not effect game balance.
    • New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.
    • A new set of advanced & optional gamepad settings for fine adjustment of turn speeds, deadzones, response curves, and more.
    • Added Support for EA Access, Origin Access, and free Multiplayer Trials.
    • FAQ added to Multiplayer lobby. Your one-stop shop to learn the basics of Titanfall 2 multiplayer - includes in-game patch notes!
    • Modified matchmaking status display to fit longer text needed for some languages.
    • PC Only - Removed "Insane" texture quality and replaced with "Max". No reduction in visual quality for those with enough VRAM, but will reduce hitches when streaming in textures.
    • Display Callsigns for the top 3 players per match during post match scoreboard.
    • Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
    • Multiplayer Stats menu added to view player stats history. Please note that stats have been tracked since day 1.

Balance Changes

• Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
    • Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.
    • Grapple will now detach after melee hit even if person melee'ed lives.
    • Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core.
    • Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.
    • Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well.
    • Adjusted Scorch’s Tempered Plating damage reduction, and fixed issue with protecting against Fire Wall.
    • Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
    • Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
    • Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
    • Additional balancing to Tone.
    • Titan kills properly award weapon assist stats to assisting players.
    • Tweaked parameters to reduce immediate reuse of spawn zones, but allow reusing them later in the match.
    • Connected a couple of spawn zone pairs in Crashsite.
    • Reduced chances of getting spawn camped.
    • Spawn zones are more fair in Bounty Hunt (equalizes distance to AI camps).
    • Bounty Hunt changes:
      -When an AI kills a player, that AI now receives half of that player's bonus.
      -Center bonus popup now shows bonus gained rather than total bonus
      -Rebalanced point distribution among waves so that second wave has a larger impact on the game overall.
      -Boss titans are now worth 500 points (was 600).
      -Reapers are now worth 100 points (was 50).
      -Stalkers are now worth 30 points (was 25).
      -Score bar now shows team's total unbanked bonus as a yellow portion of the score bar.
      -Modes that do not have Titans (such as Pilots vs Pilots, and Coliseum) no longer display the team titan status bar below their score bars.

WEAPONS

• Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage
    • Volt - reduced pilot damage
    • R97 - increased pilot damage
    • Spitfire - increased pilot damage
    • L-Star - increased pilot damage
    • Double Take - increased damage
    • EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage
    • Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1001329

So yeah, the free weekend will be going on as the Angel City map becomes available for all players. Good timing. EA Access and Origin Access members can start playing for free tomorrow, November 30th. Everyone else will have to wait until Friday. Angel City will be available on Saturday.

For anyone on PS4 who would like to play together with some fellow Giant Bomb forum members, be sure to join the PS4 Community.

• 
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By OurSin_360

I don't know, i will say that it looked and felt great. Ran at 4k for me with what seemed like 60fps, no noticeable lag or anything besides a few spikes here and there but nothing drastic. That said i just couldn't get into, the maps weren't really doing it for me, attrition just felt lifeless but that could be due to the bland map design, and I just felt like i was playing a video game rather than getting immersed in any kinda way. Honestly its great there are so many choices, but jumping right into multiplayer with no tutorial everything felt a bit daunting for me, i don't understand anything about the new titans and just didn't have the patience to learn. Maybe i'll pick it up later when the price drops even more. I can't believe how well this ran though, even the battlefield beta i had to drop settings or resolution, and that ran really good.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@giantstalker said:
    @whitestripes09 said:

I understand what you mean about the goal being easier in Bounty Hunt, but the reason why I don't recommend it is because if you're against a team full of good players, they can easily snowball the match by denying the team to cash in and taking their money. Which leads to a very uneven score and isn't very fun. Attrition is one of the few game modes in my opinion that is more forgiving with being able to catch up in score. Plus it has the bots still so you can feel some gratification in killing them, especially Reapers which have a significant point value to them.

This just happened to me in my first match during the free trial. I have no idea what's going on but there were players guarding the banks and it just became suicide. I'll try attrition next, I still don't fully understand what my titan does though

Yeah, I think Bounty Hunt is probably the worst mode for new players. I don't even like it, due to the frustration factors. Get killed and lose half your money / get killed on your way to the bank and lose your contribution to your team. No thanks. I'll play it in a party, but that's about it. There are plenty of other modes, though, and Attrition is perhaps the best, especially for new players. You don't even get to see how often you died on the scoreboard. Nothing is displayed beyond your contributions to the team.

As far as your Titan goes, playing Last Titan Standing will allow you to become familiar with the controls pretty quickly. And as was suggested, you can watch a preview video that explains the powers of each.

@oursin_360 said:

I don't know, i will say that it looked and felt great. Ran at 4k for me with what seemed like 60fps, no noticeable lag or anything besides a few spikes here and there but nothing drastic. That said i just couldn't get into, the maps weren't really doing it for me, attrition just felt lifeless but that could be due to the bland map design, and I just felt like i was playing a video game rather than getting immersed in any kinda way. Honestly its great there are so many choices, but jumping right into multiplayer with no tutorial everything felt a bit daunting for me, i don't understand anything about the new titans and just didn't have the patience to learn. Maybe i'll pick it up later when the price drops even more. I can't believe how well this ran though, even the battlefield beta i had to drop settings or resolution, and that ran really good.

That's the one downside about the free weekend that the retail doesn't have. The real tutorial of Titanfall 2--especially when it comes to how each Titan plays--is the campaign. It does a great job of slowly introducing the player to the various types of movement, weapons, and Titans.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@spaceinsomniac: @giantstalker: Yea, Bounty Hunt is the advanced version of Attrition. More predictable gameplay because of the set AI spawn zones/order and bank locations, but that also gives players who know the mode a good advantage. Attrition is more random and more like regular TDM but without much of the (spawn) camping aspect of Pilots vs Pilots. The real gamemode in Titanfall 2 should be CTF, but that one is always hard to do in public games unless it's the main gamemode (although then the game would be even less popular).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.