Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Rainbow Six Siege is a competitive multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Players chose from a large roster of Operators with their own weapons and abilities to win round-based attack and defend matches.

Are you interested in this game?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you interested in this game? (104 votes)

Yes, very much so! 18%
    Kind of, I guess. I'm not super excited, but we'll see. 40%
    Nope, not really. 40%
    None of those. I have my own answer. 1%

To me, I would have to say no. The fact that, as far as I know from what I've seen and read, they totally dropped any real semblance of an interesting story campaign, and opted for the more multiplayer focused gameplay, and I'm just not that interested in it. That's perhaps one of the things I wanted least out of Rainbow Six. I'd really love a Rainbow Six game to have the multiplayer for those that want it, but also a good single player (perhaps co-op added) story experience. While I loved Vegas, what Vegas lacked was what the originals had, and that was international cooperation. That was just really cool to me. Siege is now about terrorist and... some SWAT dudes? Maybe I'm missing something and someone can call me out on it, but that's what Siege seems like, and that's just not for me. It's really too bad they dropped what they had going for Patriots, that was far more interesting, even though I had some reservations about that too.

• 
    Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm kinda wait and see on this one. It looks pretty interesting but I still don't know enough about it yet to make any decision.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wanted another SWAT game for a while, so if this can scratch that itch then I am in, but I'm also bummed about the seeming lack of an SP story? If there is anything there I haven't heard anything about it.
    The MP might be good though, I'm a big fan of MP that has something different to it then just CTF or TDM. But I don't know if I would drop 70+ bucks for a game that's just MP. Soooo cautiously optimistic but I'm still just waiting for SWAT 5.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Oh yeah. That was a game I wanted to play around release, but didn't have a good enough PC to do it; still SWAT isn't Rainbow six to me, or, it's not what I want out of it. I can enjoy a multiplayer game, but even when I do, the replay value just isn't there for me. I'm not a huge MP player.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Not at all, and this is coming from a big fan of the Rainbow Six franchise, going all the way back to the original PC game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@mb: Yeah, agreed. It's unfortunate. I really hope they surprise everyone and say they do actually have a story campaign, but I doubt that'll happen. Is that the same reason you're not excited about it, or is there another reason?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is no campaign, I am completely out. Same with Stars Wars: Battlefront. I hate MP-only games, they just feel so shallow.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Thats part of it, really just nothing that I have seen of the game is interesting to me in the least bit. Unless Ubisoft reveals some kind of in-depth campaign mode or a co-op Terrorist Hunt that looks like a ton of fun, I'll be skipping this one. I already have plenty of other similar games, I just don't see a reason why I would buy Rainbow Six right now. Especially with Battlefront coming up in November, which right now looks like it may be the only big game I might end up buying for the rest of 2015.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@quarters: Ironically, Battlefront is a multiplayer only game that I am somewhat interested in. It's ironic in a few ways: I'm not a big multiplayer player, as I've already said; I'm not a huge Star Wars fan (some of it I really like a lot actually, but I never really cared for the films honestly), and I didn't play the original ones due to having little interest. Also, it has splitscreen (I think), which is kind of cool. Yeah though, I agree. I'm not sure shallow is the correct word for it--though you can say that about a lot for sure--since some are pretty deep, but they're not deep in the way that I like.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Since they added Terrorist Hunt with Co-op I might look into it, I had no interest in the VS mode they were showing I play Rainbow for Terrorist Hunt with friends so might end up looking into it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

multiplayer seems pretty bare and/or simple.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If the Terrorist Hunt is legit I will get into it I bet. I loved that mode in Vegas.

Just have a progression system and a good terrorist hunt mode.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I was until I played the Alpha. Fingers crossed it's improved by release but I can't currently see this doing well and ending up with much of a player base after a few months.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first thing I do when I play online is mute everyone, so I don't think I'll be checking this one out.

Mechanically speaking though, it looks quite sound.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, not really. I adore the early Rainbow Six games, particularly Raven Shield (hell, I even liked the Vegas games, even though they basically turned the series into a generic shooter). Even so, I haven't seen anything from Siege that particularly fills me with confidence - from the long TTK on the weapons, to the excessive focus on the competitive multiplayer with almost zero mention of the co-op aspects, which have always been the best part of the series. All I want is for RS to go back to the days of its punishing co-op terrorist hunts and hostage rescues.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By pweidman

The terrorist hunt reveal has perked my interest, whereas there was not much before. Loved that mode in the RB6: Vegas games.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman: My issue with the terrorist hunt was that they revealed it, and then as they were showing it, it looked exactly like what they showed before.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the Terrorist Hunt stuff at E3...I dunno. It just made me want to go back and play some more Insurgency.

I'll keep an eye on Siege, maybe it's something I will pick up down the road once it gets a lot cheaper. I'm definitely not spending $60 on it either way.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was interested at first, but now not so much. There's just too many other games now that I'm way more interested in at the moment to even think about picking this up. If this had come out this year around this time, then maybe I would consider it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am if it ends up being similar to the older games. The last thing I want is another Counter Strike knockoff.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the multiplayer isn't just Call Of Duty with destructible environments, I might check this out.

And can we get a new SWAT game already?!

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nope, fastest way to lose me as a customer is to sell me competitive multiplayer as your focus.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I have binged in Call of Duty and Battlefield for years, and I am done with first person shooters for a while. (At least until DOOM comes out.) Not the Rainbow 6 I would have wanted. Good on anybody who is pumped, but I am sitting this one out. I really hope the community doesn't die in a few months.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@zolroyce: Oh yeah. That was a game I wanted to play around release, but didn't have a good enough PC to do it; still SWAT isn't Rainbow six to me, or, it's not what I want out of it. I can enjoy a multiplayer game, but even when I do, the replay value just isn't there for me. I'm not a huge MP player.

Yeah, that's a fair point, it kind of sucks when a sequel to a series no longer matches the core of the series. I was a big fan of all of those types of games SWAT, Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, SOCOM. So all they sort of blend together for me in a mash potato paste of 'tell a.i. dudes to get shit done." So when one resembles another it's all alright by me haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.