Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2019

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG sequel to The Division.

Div 2 is $3 today, and they've announced a shift to a seasonal model.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

$3 on any platform! They also announced that the Warlords of New York expansion which will be somewhat smaller than the original game but it sounds like it has a ton of new stuff in there regardless. Sounds like the level cap will be 40 now:

On February 12, Division 2 players who bought the game’s year-one pass will be able to play through the two Coney Island missions. All other players will be able to access them on February 19.

On March 3, the large, $30 “Warlords of New York” expansion will move the action to downtown Manhattan in a map set across four zones (compared to the base game’s 11), from Wall Street to Chinatown, as players hunt for Aaron Keener, the rogue agent antagonist of the original Division game.

A week later that expansion will kick off a major overhaul of The Division 2 that will transform itinto a seasonal game. Existing endgame content will be reconfigured and tweaked to tell three-month narratives, complete with new tasks, game-changing global events, new audio logs and hunts for new enemies.

Color me excited, personally. I really really liked my playthrough of Division 2, even if I did fall off the post-game content pretty fast. Now that I can get some more levels I'll definitely get back into this for a bit. If you haven't played Division 2, I think it'd be silly not to give it a whirl for $3!

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the heads up, me and my brother were waiting for a good sale to jump on. At 3$ it's a little surprising they're not just making it free, though (even just for a limited time)?

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thanks for alerting us to this, Rorie. Not sure it's necessarily up my alley, but at three bucks, I don't see why I wouldn't give it a shot.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

I'm a little intrigued ... but I didn't like the first Division much, and nothing about 2 seemed all that appealing, not sure I'm even prepared to spend $3 just on the promise that it'll be a different thing down the line.

ThisIsACoolTag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only 40%-off here in the UK for the base game (so it's now £18)

Good job I have a US PS4 account with $17 sitting in it.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HoboZero

Already own it on PC, but figured at this price I should buy it on Stadia. I mean, it was an announced launch title, it should be on ther..... aaaaaaaand it's not.

Oh Stadia....

No Caption Provided

nomtank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is there any point in buying the Season One pass for this game? Was it all just early access to stuff?

chocolatebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the pc discord still dead af?

DeanofPSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its not on Steam, it doesn't exist.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomtank: If you own the pass, you unlock the extra classes automatically. Without the pass, you have to complete a questline to unlock each class - takes a few hours, depending on the class.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thisisacooltag: It's less on Xbox, around £8 I think. I'm not sure a change like this will be enough to bring me back. I think once I finally get around to finishing off the main content that I'll put it down and not return. It's fine but after I've finished that I'll have probably had my fill.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Highly recommend this game to people. Finally started it a couple months ago and I think its by far the best game of its type on the market, much better than any Destiny game and a big improvement on the first game. Even had a lot of fun playing it often solo and didn't find that all so hard to do as I saw people suggest beforehand.

Fell off at the end game eventually because the loot grind isn't something that drives me soley in a game but happy to jump back in.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree with @stephen_von_cloud. I'd choose Division 2 over Destiny 2 all day.

I played through the campaign with a friend and the endgame solo, and had a blast the entire time. Not long ago a couple of friends picked it up on sale and I played through it all again with four people, plus I got to experience all the new stuff they added since I had played last.

Now they're releasing a new area with a new story and a new loot system? My friends and I are ready to dive back in.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By Forcen

Maybe check the price in the uplay client first if it's not as cheap as 3 dollars, for me i get a 83% sale on the website but 98% sale in the client itself.

looks like that was a bug that got fixed.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$3? Nice. Not on Steam still, huh? Look I like diversity in digital sales shops but I'm starting to need a spreadsheet for my digital purchases. Pretty sure I own Gunstar Heroes on 3 platforms now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

Yeah, that price is a steal for sure. It surprised me to see it. I was pretty down on the game as I went through it on release, but the end game content and additional patches that brought on neutral lighting and a FOV slider brought me back in quickly and it's a game, like the first, that I still play a lot. I also enjoyed the free DLC which brought new environments and Black Tusk story missions. The first game is probably my favorite game this generation, and so two had a lot to live up to (which is partially why I was down on it at first), but now it's nearly as good, but better in spots. I am excited about the new content coming. Also, maybe it's not for others, but I'm someone that plays The Division, or any other game like it 99 percent solo, and I love the experience. My biggest issue with these games is just that it has a lot of rinse and repeat activities, so if you're someone that likes to 100 percent a map as quickly as you can, it can become monotonous the first time through.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephen_von_cloud: What do you consider end game though? I would recommend stopping after you've done all the Black Tusk missions and the additional DLC which expands on the story of the Black Tusk and some of the other mainline story stuff. It's not merely about grinding once you've seen the main story through. The Black Tusk missions also bring really fun challenges.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomtank: I think there is a little more than just early access, but not much. I like the game, but I didn't buy the year one pass because of that reason. It seems like the biggest draw is because you can have early access. The only thing that intrigues me is the eight classified assignments because it expands on the backstory and has new places to explore.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the first game very boring, and couldn't stand to play it unless it was with a friend. My friend just bought it so I guess I shall. It's only $3 after all.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ntm: I've done I believe everything but the Raid. I'm probably like 20-30 pts from finishing the Gunner specialization. For me I would like to have different gear, especially from certain manufacturers to get bonuses, but I'm not even a loot systems guy. I find it tedious but Division 2 is better than most and it is cool for example how it just shows you where on the map you can get certain gear types to probably drop, and it rotates.'

It is silly to talk about the endgame when there's so much in it. that's part of the game that still feels silly to me (again, I find ARPG loot stuff really dumb though) but its great to have that switch up when it unlocks. I think all in all this game does all the shlooter/ARPG online game aspects better than any other game I've played. Combined with really good TPS mechanics that even usually have your shots feeling powerful and satisfying (often a problem in shooter RPG games) and it's a really fun game.

HerrHeimlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HerrHeimlich

I don't know how I feel about the expansion. I pre-order Division 2 and definitely did not regret that unlike Anthem yet as all my friends fell off the game it quickly became a solo experience for endgame wise. I don't know my friends are coming back to game for Warlords of NY and I have my doubts on bringing back players who got into Division 2 an year ago. I feel they are reselling the game again with a little more content attached to it.

I want to back to play again, but I think I'll wait for a major sale on the expansion seeing how the base game cheap for now. Outside of the expansion, I see little reason to come back to game as a solo player after finishing the raid and doing the new areas.

I've been playing Destiny 2 solo and doing the new season pass event and such. After completing the pass, I feel a bit crazy why isn't Division 2 more popular compared like Destiny 2 in terms of QoL and gameplay mechanics. Is it because Destiny 2 base game is free to play? If that's the case, maybe 3$ base game sale for now will repopulate the player base? Is 30$ right now too much for 4 more zones on top of the 11 zones?

Ugh. I don't know. I just feel burnt out as solo player on these loot shooters. I haven't even bother playing mayhem mode on Borderlands 3.

jarp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

damn, I did a search for "division" not Div! Why I didn't find this thread and did a dupe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.