Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Non-PS3 owners: does UC2 make you want a PS3?

• 60 results
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By shirogane

Nope, absolutely no interest at all in the uncharted series. It'd probably be one of those, ah i'm bored, there's nothing else and this might be fun, games if it was under $30 or something, and on a console i have. MGS4, inFamous and Valkyria Chronicles are almost enough for me to get a ps3 for though. Uncharted however, no.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By handlas
    @DRE7777: 

nah I just saw a picture in your profile of you with a popped collar and thought "well this isn't worth it..."
    limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By limewizard

I've heard many a good thing about this game, but being sucked into Modern Warfare and Brutal Legend hype, this sort of went undetected on my radar. Though looking at it, and seeing a few of the cutscenes, etc, it still doesn't impress me enough to purchase the console needed. 

If I were to buy a PS3, I would most likely buy this AFTER I had played MGS4, Killzone 2 and inFamous. I'm just more intrigued over them than I am this- being a huge MGS fan...

But it looks good, and the story seems pretty awesome, but it wouldn't make me make room next to my Xbox.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @DRE7777 said:
    "

@handlas said:

1. actually it is.  PS3 online is great.  There is a difference between the quality of the online service and then comparing it to other online services (which is obviously what you are doing).  

2. Quality downloadable games.  Subjective.  I will agree with you tho.  However, the growing PS1 classics library (finally I get to play Silent Hill 1) beats anything and everything on Xbox Live's Marketplace.  

3.No online community component....not even sure wtf you are talking about with this.  Significantly less users.  Compared to what?  Does it really matter?  Not a single game on PS3 do I have trouble finding a people to play with.  I don't even know why I would have to say that statement because it is so stupid...it's not like I buy a PS3 game and go "oh god I hope other people are gonna be playing the multiplayer".  Doesn't even cross my mind.  

4. I mean, why the hell would Zipper make an online ONLY game that supports 256 people playing at once if there is no one playing PS3 online?....  seriously guy...talk to me when you actually play a PS3 or at least form an intelligent argument. "
    1. The only true way to determine the quality of something is to compare it to other things that are simillar. So your wrong there.  2. Play station one games are in no way better than the Live Arcade let alone summer releases. Especially because they are games that already came out so that doesnt even really count when you could just buy those shitty old games on ebay and play em on a ps2 or ps1 if you really wanna play decade old games.  3. You obviously pretty ignorent (or else just trying to be an asshole on purpose) if you dont understand what im talking about, and so im not even going to try to explain to you the concept of what an online community is, or why people play games online with others because aparently you don't understand any of that.  4. And the thing that everyone is worried about with MAG is the fact that the PS3 doesnt have as good of an online community as the 360 (which i guess your not going to understand because you cant grasp that concept). Especially when the PS3 doesnt even come with a standard mic (even if you get one there is no one that uses it anyway) which is predictably going to be a problem for MAG so they are prbly going to have to give you a mic when you buy the game.  Also, idk if you know this, but when you have friends it is possible to play a system even when you dont own it. So stop getting mad when someone points out the obvious faults in a system just because you somehow feel a personal connection with the PS3 and you feel compeled to defend it (even though you really have no reason to). So why dont you take your little fanboy self and stop purposfully being a dick when someone hurts your feelings by pointing out the faults in your oh so precious PS3. "
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT 
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP 

It's a simple yes/no question dudes, not a fucking system wars thread. Take that elsewhere, please.
    Pepsicolaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Pepsicolaboy
    @eroticfishcake:
    Actually, Its the storytelling and characters that makes people love this series so much. 
    just saying.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Every time. 

"Does LittleBigPlanet make you want a PS3?" 
    "Does MGS4 make you want a PS3?" 
    "Does Uncharted 2 make you want a PS3?" 
    "Does Killzone 2 make you want a PS3?" 

What's the fucking point?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By coolarman

No because i have played uncharted 1 and it's too tomb raider and i don't like tomb raider. People also talk about how the execution of the cover system is better than gears of war. How can a fucking cover system be better i mean really.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wolverine
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " The amount of hype for this game is insane, and I'm just curious, do any of you 360/PC/Wii owners want a PS3 because of this game?  "
    Not really. Uncharted 2 seems like a cool game but I wouldn't shell out $300 just to be able to get it.
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By teptom

A lot of the games have made me want to get a PS3, but this game is certainly pushing me over the edge.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ieatlions

No uncharted 2 seems great but not my type of game and ive invested to much money on my 360 to even consider a ps3 especially due to the fact that being a student is rought.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Nate

Yes, but MGS4 is what tells me I will get one . . . some day :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.