Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 14, 2018

The seventh expansion for World of Warcraft features new zones, Allied Races for both factions and a raised level cap to 120.

He's baaaaaaack

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think Blizzard is pretty much out of ideas for WoW if they're bringing Thrall back to fight for the Horde (and I'm still waiting to hear why everyone who assumed Sylvanas was the expansion's Big Bad was wrong), but say what you will, they still make some pretty good cinematics:

Here's hoping 8.2 is a lot better than BfA has been so far.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Glad to see they gave him his hair back, always hated bald Thrall. The cinematics have been great this expansion, and it's cool to get more of them, but the writing has been so terrible in BfA. It's just...real bad shlock, really. Don't know what else to call it.

Interested to see what they do with him, but I haven't been subbed since the first month of BfA and am completely checked out of the story. I want to see what they do with Thrall, how Sylvanas inevitably gets axed, and what the set up for the next expansion is. Everything else is completely boring drivel.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This reminds me I keep meaning to check into the Tad Williams MMO. I think that came out? I haven't heard a thing about it.

Anyways, yeah, WoW. I wonder where we're at with regards to a new Warcraft thing? Maybe a new IP in that universe? It'd be cool.

madlands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By madlands

Wrong and bad. They keep telling the same story while they add new layers of grind to the game. Sylvanas is the only interesting warchief. It was refreshing to not have another orc as the leader. I'd say Vol'jin was a good choice but he didn't get to do anything before getting a sword in the gut.

But I haven't been subbed for a year and for the first time in years I have no interest in going back so I'm not their audience anymore so w/e

winsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm fine with him coming back. He had to be brought back into the story at some point so bringing him in now makes sense. My main problems with the story go back to the very start of the expansion. They had a lot of interesting ways the factions could go back to war with each other that were subtle, understandable and intriguing. Instead we got "The warchief went mad" part 2.

So I'm looking froward to seeing what he does now, but with all the problems the expansion has had in terms of both the story and the gameplay, I'd be fine if they just reconned the whole thing and pretended it never happened.

winsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

On a more positive note. I think their cinematics team have been knocking it out of the park the entire expansion. Everyone of them has been great to watch, including the warbringer's cutscenes.

neuroflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Thrall is taking on the role of John Wick, I hope this turns out as good as that movie was.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy that he is still in the more broken state he was in during the Shaman Class Hall campaign. Thrall is a good character but he became less so when they made him into a god-like being in previous expansions. Saurfang is always awesome and I'm glad it seems like Thrall will just be support, not the new main focus.

Blizz CGI things always damn pretty

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ares42

Gotta say, when I saw Thrall in the thumbnail of a new trailer I thought it was for Classic.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm kind of more annoyed that they're blowing off Tyrande and saying she's gotten her revenge already and won't have a role against Azshara - it's not like they have a long history or anything.

Thrall coming back seems kind of natural to me. WoW doesn't have all that many characters to play around with and everything that's been happening in WoW is still on a short enough time span.

Like you though I can't wait to find out what they pull out to explain that Sylvanas isn't actually a baddie.

adamxkuhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listening to Rorie talk about WoW on the Bombcast yesterday made me weirdly nostalgic for the unique bad feeling only WoW can give me; it's telling, I think, that I spent about an hour poking around the edges of whatever new material had been added since release, then started a new alt, because that was more fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.