Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Hey it's a teaser for that movie!

• 57 results
    Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I find it extremely disconcerting that this is the movie that will either define or destroy Duncan Jones' directing career.

Yeah I completely agree. I've really liked his films in the past (especially Moon) but after watching that trailer I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed and I'd hate to see him stumble as a filmmaker this early on. To be fair I realize it could just be me because I've had no real interest in Warcraft in quite some time (except for being hopeful we might see a Warcraft 4 RTS announced at some point) but I feel like this film is a few years too late to the party and that Jones could take the flak for that when it might just be that the setting is just kind of played out at this point.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@maluvin: I'm also really worried that if Warcraft is a huge hit he'll get pigeon-holed as a big-budget CGI action-fest director and we'll never see his evolution in more intimate character-driven films like Moon. In my opinion, it's what happened to Peter Jackson and I have not enjoyed anything he's done since before he put out Lord of the Rings.

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Blizzard's CGI is some of the best in the video game industry, but its still not good enough to put alongside life action. Looks dumb and generic.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By justicejanitor

@mysterious0bob: A fully animated movie from Blizzard's CGI team would have been much better in my opinion.

I'm still looking forward to this movie.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good, i hope they respect the source material, there is a lot of good stuff there, although i didn't like what they did to Thrall.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Looks good, i hope they respect the source material, there is a lot of good stuff there, although i didn't like what they did to Thrall.

Ummm Thrall is just a baby so what didn't you like about him? If you are talking the frostwolf chieftan that is Durotan.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BrainScratch

I've seen a comment somewhere that pretty much sums up my reaction to the trailer:

"Seems like Avatar Carter of Middle Earth".

Which means it looks extremely generic and uninteresting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.