Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Should I get a 360?

• 65 results
    MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MvmntInGrn

I am on the fence about getting one, I have friends with them but not one who hasn't had RROD at least once. There are a few game on 360 I want, mainly Gears and Alan Wake, but I just don't know.

The room I am in gets VERY hot, I hear of 360s killing themselves so in this room I'm not sure I would get past the 360 logo...

Is there a cooling system you can buy for it?

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By DrPepper1990
    MvmntInGrn said:
    "I am on the fence about getting one, I have friends with them but not one who hasn't had RROD at least once. There are a few game on 360 I want, mainly Gears and Alan Wake, but I just don't know.

The room I am in gets VERY hot, I hear of 360s killing themselves so in this room I'm not sure I would get past the 360 logo...

Is there a cooling system you can buy for it?"
    I heard that the intercoolers break the 360 faster than it breaks itself. But the new 60gb are supposedly better. I hope they are becasue i'm getting one soon.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DrPepper1990
    MvmntInGrn said:
    "I am on the fence about getting one, I have friends with them but not one who hasn't had RROD at least once. There are a few game on 360 I want, mainly Gears and Alan Wake, but I just don't know.

I heard that the intercoolers break the 360 faster than it breaks itself. But the new 60gb are supposedly better. I hope they are becasue i'm getting one soon.
    normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By normajean777

gears 1/2 are great games, halo 3 was ok you might like the multiplayer, Viva pinata is freaking amazing might want to wait for #2 though, Fable 2 looks good, other then that thats about it. Banjo looks to be either really good or really bad so im waiting for reviews on this game. But yes all 3 halos work on the 360 there is a list at gamespot if you would like to see all the bc compatiable games.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DrPepper1990
    normajean777 said:
    "gears 1/2 are great games, halo 3 was ok you might like the multiplayer, Viva pinata is freaking amazing might want to wait for #2 though, Fable 2 looks good, other then that thats about it. Banjo looks to be either really good or really bad so im waiting for reviews on this game. But yes all 3 halos work on the 360 there is a list at gamespot if you would like to see all the bc compatiable games."
    Thanks, at least the 360 can play some XBOX games. My 40gb PS3 doesn't play any PS2 games which sucks but I knew it wouldn't when I bought it. After all I bought it to play PS3 games not PS2 games.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By mike
    Here's the full BC list.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there is a price drop happening early next month so you should wait for that before buying a 360.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DrPepper1990
    MB said:
    "Here's the full BC list.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there is a price drop happening early next month so you should wait for that before buying a 360."
    Yea, I know about the price drop. That's when I'm going to get one.
    DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By DARKIDO07
    MvmntInGrn said:

Xbxo 360+ Small Desk fan (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9219112)= Fine. Don't worry I've had my Xbox 360 run for some 22 hours straight and it hasn't got the RROD. You should be fine as long as you keep it ventilated (aka keep the back away from walls).
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah get a core when that price cut comes in Sept. It is going to be $199.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Jayge_

Don't get a core, get a 60 at least. Core is stupid. They should never have had an option for a HDD-less box.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Jayge said:
    "Don't get a core, get a 60 at least. Core is stupid. They should never have had an option for a HDD-less box."
    Lol, i know. Consoles without a HDD are pointless pieces of machinery to have.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Also if you like flashing red lights, you could use the xbox as a christmas ordament.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Vinchenzo

Do not get a core, you'll have to pick up a hard drive eventually. Might as well save some cash by buying a premium model.

monster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By monster123

Yes! You can play all 3 halo's but you have to get either the Premium (what I have) or the Elite. The core is not backwards compatible plus you can only do so much on it. The premium is the best deal. Plus, the price has gone down. I think it is only 300 dollars at best buy. The premium includes Headset, Internet Cable (for XBL), Power cord, A/v / HDMI cablee, and one wireless controller.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By jlaudio7

Its a quality system. the fan is pretty loud though, but when your playing, its kinda drowned out by the sound and your overall focus on the game your playing. You gotta pay $50/yr for online play, but, imo, its not really that much of a setback. of course this is coming from a person who doesn't have to pay any bills and is free to spend every penny of his paycheck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.