Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

what should I do????

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrOldboy

my monitor is having major HDMI HCP issues with my 360. It flickers, ect, blacks out every 10 seconds. I cant use it I just cant!!!!

But I can sue component and VGA, what should I do. 

Does VGa have overscan issues? How is the audio exported?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Component and VGA are virtually the same, component only lacks the horizontal and vertical size information that is used to tell monitors what resolution the device is outputting.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrOldboy

thats all? your sure? I dont need that at all, my monitor shows pixels 1:1 so component comes out perfect aspect ratio wize.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrOldboy

I tried comparing the HDMI and compnent again. Gah, component sucks, there are like diagonal scanlines and its remarkably darker and jaggy.

Is vga more comparable to HDMI, I've read it is.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

Sounds like the monitor is the problem. I find VGA to be better than component.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOldboy

Well, I bought a VGA off amazon, monster brand for $25 shipped. Got it today and it works great. I need to adjust my contrast and brightness and stuff to get the picture the way I want it, but it is way batter than component. Its also easier to route my sound to my system now since i dont need to route the audio out of the TV and then into my system. 

after comparing all my imput options I can see why HDMI is the best. It looks the best, the cleanest looking picture. But the VGA is pretty much the same, although the colors dont seem to come in as clean, a bit washed out maybe. Or maybe my birghtness is too high. Component is useless on an HDTV.

To compare component to VGA, with component I could actually count the pixels in my avater picture in the upper right corner, there were vsible lines of pixels. But on VGA it is completely clean and smooth, as well with HDMI. I am very pleased with the VGA and I will stick with this.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @MrOldboy: Just so you know, the Monster brand is horribly overrated. Between different cable manufacturers, there is virtually no difference in quality. Therefore, your best option would have been to go to Frys (since they are the best for buying cables and other such equipment) and get their cheapest VGA cable. The brand doesn't matter for cables. All of that extra crap Monster advertises about their cables is useless garbage. Of course, you may have made the best decision anyway since I don't really know too much about VGA cables. But for HDMI, you shouldn't have to spend more than $15. Also, component is not useless on an HDTV. I have no clue what kind of tv/monitor you have, but component works great. I used component cables with my 360 for a long time before I switched back to HDMI (complicated reasons). Maybe it's you tv/monitor that's the problem? 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

I enjoy playing my 360 with the component cables that came with it.  They are good enough for me.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrOldboy

There are only 2 VGA cables for 360 that I know of, other than really off-brand ones. Its not a VGa cord its a VGA cord with the same connection to the 360 as the component ones, but it has a VGA on the other end and also has 2 RCA left/right on it for audio.

It was the cheapest of the 2 I could find new.  There a few of the official 360 one for around $17-23 or so buy shipping and tax killed that. Shipping was only $2 and no tax so this was the cheapest for a new one i could find. I dont ever buy monster stuff, I own maybe 6 or so HDMI cables that cost a combined $20. I completely agree that they are overrated, but i wanted the cheapest ones I could get.

As far as my monitor its a Westinghouse 24" 1920x1200 HD monitor. Component looks good dont get me wrong, but only if you never used HDMI or VGa before, theres a big difference when you sitting only 3-5 feet from the monitor compared to a big HDTV.

Also if the rumors are true the new elites wont even have component cables, only plain 480i composite ones. Which is ridiculous.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

I use VGA on my launch 360, and have done so for 3  years or whatever, never had a problem with that. So get that if you don´t like the Component cables.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.