Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

X360 games I might've missed out on and should play post-haste?

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ihmishylje

Which ones do you recommend? Preferably something a bit older that I could get for really cheap, but not necessarily. You can see the games I've played in the achievements section of my profile, but if you're too lazy to check that out, that's fine as well. I got my 360 late 2007 so I probably missed out on most of the earlier games that were put out for the console. 

I haven't got a PS3 (thought I wish I did) and my PC is over five years old, but it might run something that doesn't demand much of the hardware. 

I appreciate all suggestions, even if they don't end up being my cup of tea. I'd much rather ask for recommendations on here than google random lists of 360 games that will probably only include the most obvious ones anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

From my memory, pretty much all the early 360 games have been outclassed. There wasn't really anything "classic" about them.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Slaker117 said:
    " From my memory, pretty much all the early 360 games have been outclassed. There wasn't really anything "classic" about them. "
    Lost Odyssey 
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Slaker117 said:

" From my memory, pretty much all the early 360 games have been outclassed. There wasn't really anything "classic" about them. "

You're probably right. Oh well, I've ordered a few 2010 games I got for cheap from the play.com sale so I still have those to look forward to.  I was just wandering if I'd missed out on something decent that I could get for next to nothing now.

Edit: I have no idea why that last part is in italics...
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FritzDude
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Slaker117 said:
    Lost Odyssey  "
    Hmm. Is it any good? Forgot about that. It kinda seemed meh. (And it wasn't that early, was it?)
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude
    @Ihmishylje:
    It's excellent. The graphics and the story. It's standard turn based combat system with enought twists to make it interesting. Mistwalker knows what they are doing and they sure know how to make some good JRPG's.
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @FritzDude said:
    " PGR 3  
    PGR 4 
    Lost Odyssey 
    Blue Dragon 
    Mass Effect 
    "
    Played PGR3, it was kinda fun but after Forza 3 I don't have much interest in picking up PGR4. Might give it a second thought, I guess.

I'm obviously a fan of Mass Effect, it was the reason I got the console in the first place.

Blue Dragon might be worth checking out.
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @FritzDude said:
    " @Ihmishylje: It's excellent. The graphics and the story. It's standard turn based combat system with enought twists to make it interesting. Mistwalker knows what they are doing and they sure know how to make some good JRPG's. "
    Alright, I'll check it out if I can find a good bargain.
    Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By Timing
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @drag said:
    " resonance of fate  seriously. best game of the year.  "
    Only vaguely remember that title, have no idea what it's about. I'll definitely look into it. I tend to steer clear from bizarrely titled Japanese games like "Infinite Undiscovery" and the like, but that may be unjust predjudice.
    Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Izaak

Just Cause 2 
    Red Faction Guerilla 
    Shadow Complex  
    Geometry Wars 2 

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Timing said:
    " Hmm, it looks like you enjoy the occasional shooter. Maybe you should try The Darkness, that one can't cost much anymore.  I also support the Lost Odyssey motion. "
    All I've heard about The Darkness is people joking about it but if it's a solid shooter, then I'll certainly grab a PAL version for that price, if I can find one.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By zombie2011
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Izaak said:
    " Just Cause 2 Red Faction Guerilla Shadow Complex  Geometry Wars 2  "
    Shadow Complex is excellent and Just Cause 2 is in the mail. Geometry wars is a downloadable, right, so I probably can't get that all that cheap? Still on the fence regarding Red Faction. Might try the demo if it's still up.
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @drag said:
    " @Ihmishylje said:
    " @drag said:
    " resonance of fate  seriously. best game of the year.  "
    Only vaguely remember that title, have no idea what it's about. I'll definitely look into it. I tend to steer clear from bizarrely titled Japanese games like "Infinite Undiscovery" and the like, but that may be unjust predjudice. "
    If it helps -->  http://www.playdar.co.uk/review/resonance-of-fate.php "
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Burns098356GX

Ive been putting off Mass Effect. I picked up a used copy and have been enjoying it.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By Timing
    @Ihmishylje said:
    " @Timing said:
    " Hmm, it looks like you enjoy the occasional shooter. Maybe you should try The Darkness, that one can't cost much anymore.  I also support the Lost Odyssey motion. "
    All I've heard about The Darkness is people joking about it but if it's a solid shooter, then I'll certainly grab a PAL version for that price, if I can find one. "
    I think it's pretty good. No one plays the multiplayer anymore but the singleplayer I think is very strong in both game play and story. And it came out in 2007 so it really shouldn't be expensive anywhere at this point, that is, if any shop still has it of course.
    Euey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Euey

Get Oblivion & prepare to lose weeks of your life to it.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By valrog

Alan Wake.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Burns098356GX said:

" Ive been putting off Mass Effect. I picked up a used copy and have been enjoying it. "

O ye, of little faith.

@Timing said:

" @Ihmishylje said:

" @Timing said:
    All I've heard about The Darkness is people joking about it but if it's a solid shooter, then I'll certainly grab a PAL version for that price, if I can find one. "
    I think it's pretty good. No one plays the multiplayer anymore but the singleplayer I think is very strong in both game play and story. And it came out in 2007 so it really shouldn't be expensive anywhere at this point, that is, if any shop still has it of course. "
    I rarely go for multiplayer anyway, so it's not that big a deal. I could get it for pretty cheap online, so it's definitely on my list now. Thanks. :)
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Green_Incarnate

The only early 360 games I cared about were Oblivion and Rainbow Six Vegas. They weren't launch either, so not that early. Also I see that you haven't played the first Dead Rising.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Euey said:

" Get Oblivion & prepare to lose weeks of your life to it. "

Got that for the PC when it came out in 2005 or whatever. Got kinda bored with it. It does some things really, really well, but if a game doesn't have a strong narrative, I tend to lose interest. I mean, you definitely don't play that game for its mechanics. Same thing with Fallout 3. I really enjoyed New Vegas, though. But that was Obsidian... 

@valrog said:

" Alan Wake. "

I've ordered that. Seems promising enough, although I wouldn't have paid full price for it. Although that might just be my predjudice against Finnish entertainment products, for being of dubious quality.
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @Green_Incarnate said:
    " The only early 360 games I cared about were Oblivion and Rainbow Six Vegas. They weren't launch either, so not that early. Also I see that you haven't played the first Dead Rising. "
    Funny thing about the first Dead Rising... my friend sold it to me, then borrowed it from me so I still haven't gotten around to playing that! :D
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Kameo is great if you can ignore all the nonsensical hatred it gets.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Skytylz
    @Ihmishylje: Red Faction is a lot of fun, you should definitely pick it up and it's probably really cheap.  
    ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShadowMountain
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    " Kameo is great if you can ignore all the nonsensical hatred it gets. "
    This. Kameo is short but sweet if you liked past Rare platformers
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd still say give Oblivion another shot, especially considering the amount of time you seem to have spent in Dragon Age. But I love that game unconditionally. :) 

Dead Rising is a really good choice, but it frustrates some people to the enth degree (you have to play the game the way it wants you to play, and not play it like any other game you've ever seen.)

Kameo is a neat choice, but.. It's not on par with any games on your achievement list.

The Darkness is a great choice. I have no idea why it gets made fun of the way it does, I thought it was a spectacular experience, just too short.

Amped 3 is amazing. Great snowboarding game, better everything else.

Viva Piñata : Trouble in Paradise is something you might want to look into. It could either push you away, or pull you in for weeks and weeks.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raymayne

Condemned

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By OldGuy

It's not a 360 game but I cannot find enough words to recommend Psychonauts (pick it in the games on demand section of marketplace). It's 110% worth your $15 (even if you can't beat 100%).

You'll definitely want Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (I assume you are waiting for cheaper on those)...

I am well down with the Amped 3 suggestion above (it's not the best game ever but the crazy it's wrapped in is great).

You want Bully: Scholarship Edition, trust me. Saints Row isn't as good at 2, but it's still bananas. I've always liked Tomb Raider myself (with some NOTABLE exceptions): Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary are both good, pick one if two is too much. Newer stuff... Bayonetta is cheap now. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is stupid fun. Darksiders!

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @animathias said:
    "

I'd still say give Oblivion another shot, especially considering the amount of time you seem to have spent in Dragon Age. But I love that game unconditionally. :) 

Dead Rising is a really good choice, but it frustrates some people to the enth degree (you have to play the game the way it wants you to play, and not play it like any other game you've ever seen.)

Kameo is a neat choice, but.. It's not on par with any games on your achievement list. The Darkness is a great choice. I have no idea why it gets made fun of the way it does, I thought it was a spectacular experience, just too short.

Amped 3 is amazing. Great snowboarding game, better everything else.

Viva Piñata : Trouble in Paradise is something you might want to look into. It could either push you away, or pull you in for weeks and weeks.

"
    Thanks for the advice! Oblivion probably just isn't my cup of tea. Yes, you can roleplay and there's a ton of neat stuff in itbut if I can't get a narrative that makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile, well, then I'd rather play D&D with my friends. It's the reason why I quit WoW as well.

I watched the Amped 3 QL and it was pretty entertaining, though I was left with the feeling that I no longer had any reason to actually play the game.

The staff on here seem to talk a lot about VIva Pinäta, but then that's not necessarily a sign of it being for me. I'll look into it.
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By OldGuy

Oh, right... mentioned above are Geometry Wars, which is $5 and Geometry Wars 2 is $10. If you like dual stick shooters (my brain will not let me play those without trying to jump out of my skull) they're great.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ihmishylje
    @OldGuy said:
    " It's not a 360 game but I cannot find enough words to recommend Psychonauts (pick it in the games on demand section of marketplace). It's 110% worth your $15 (even if you can't beat 100%).

You'll definitely want Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (I assume you are waiting for cheaper on those)...

I am well down with the Amped 3 suggestion above (it's not the best game ever but the crazy it's wrapped in is great).

You want Bully: Scholarship Edition, trust me. Saints Row isn't as good at 2, but it's still bananas. I've always liked Tomb Raider myself (with some NOTABLE exceptions): Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary are both good, pick one if two is too much. Newer stuff... Bayonetta is cheap now. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is stupid fun. Darksiders! "
    God, the same friend who borrowed the Dead Rising he sold me, has been going on about Psychonauts for years. It just doesn't seem appealing to me. I told him I'd play it when I "see the light".

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood seems really cool, I just gotta get AC2 out of the way. I bought it ages ago but got stuck and sort of never got back into it. But Brotherhood's price will probably have dropped by the time I'm done with AC2.

Bayonetta and Darksiders are in the mail. I'm sceptical about the Wolverine game, even though it got decent reviews. Might give it a go. I'd forgotten about Bully! Thanks for reminding me. :)
    TSchonbeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By TSchonbeck

imavapor96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By imavapor96

I would definitely recommend Red Faction Guerrilla.  I haven't finished the single player yet, but have enjoyed what I have played so far.  I really love the multiplayer on it though.  Anarchy with a group is a lot of fun.  I like the destructible environments in the game as well.  We have set up hammer only anarchy matches as well as rocket fights . . . a ton of fun with a group.  

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By fugie7

you should also try getting vanquish, batman arkham asylum ,mafia 2, tales of vesperia, and lost planet 2 

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By JoshB
    @Ihmishylje: Viva Pinata is a definite yes. Also Kameo like others have said. I would also recommend Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and R6Vegas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.