Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

We Have The Prices, Will You Go X or S?

• 51 results
    Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll We Have The Prices, Will You Go X or S? (205 votes)

X 68%
    S 29%

This is mainly for people who are interested in what MS has to offer with the new Xbox line or for those who want to play hypotheticals. Here's a table I pulled from The Verge for a snapshot of the differences between the systems.

No Caption Provided

As for me, I don't have an immediate need for any of these due to primarily playing on PC but as someone who owns an Xbox One X mainly as a glorified Rock Band machine and for access to a backcompat library, I totally see the appeal of getting a Series S. It's $300, it's a tad bit smaller, it will more than likely speed up the shit slow Ui, and give a boost to the backcompat emulator for my old library. It's also $300.

If I didn't have a good PC to play on though I would of course go for a Series X due to having a 4K TV and not wanting to put myself in a position to have to eventually upgrade to an X anyways.

What say you guys?

• 
    noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Got the luxury of a nice PC, otherwise I'd probably go with an X. But that S is nothing to scoff at and is something I'd recommend to the less hardcore of gamers out there. Seriously, the quality of the S package is really good, even though it's not really for anyone on this site.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.