Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

XCOM 2 Hype

• 59 results
    Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I am incredibly ready for another xcom. Thankfully we now live in a world where procedurally generated levels are a thing and not terrible, so that will add some much need diversity to the xcom formula. Anything they add in terms of gameplay or metagame I can only view as bonus.

The only thing I need to make sure of is that my mental health is stable going into it. Coming off feeling high and mighty from The Witness I'm ready for all of my confidence to be COMPLETELY shattered.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Sorry I know that this is a bit of an old thread, but now my hype for XCOM 2 got on a whole new level after I just learned this is coming out on Mac. I know that PC versions of video games run better than their Mac counterparts, but I honestly thought I was gonna be isolated from playing XCOM 2 when I heard it was a PC exclusive. Now there is a chance of me possibly playing it. Enemy Unknown is one of my favorite games of all time and I look forward to playing its sequel.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By mike

@mocbucket62: It's not old at all! People have been posting in it almost every day. I'm pretty excited for XCOM 2 as well. From all the prerelease coverage I've seen of the game, it looks like it improves on Enemy Within in a number of key ways, not to mention the unprecedented level of mod support the game is shipping with. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but if this game is even just as good as Enemy Unknown then I'll be playing it for a long time to come.

Hopefully this gets ported to consoles at some point so non-PC gamers can play it.

halfdane1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's so close I can almost taste it guys !

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By mike

Here's the XCOM 2 panel from PAX South. A lot of new information in there as well as footage and features we haven't seen before. Including dynamic weather and lighting, some editor stuff, a quick skirmish mode, replays, and more. I can't believe how good this game is looking!

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/38694034

No Caption Provided

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By personandstuff

I know tnt is no longer a thing but I hope the gb crew plays some xcom multiplayer. If love to see, say, Dan and Jason squire off.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the end of the review embargo is also the end of the coverage embargo, so keep an eye out for streams and Youtube channels running some XCOM 2 content in about 8-12 hours. I'm not sure what people are allowed to show, but you'll at least have something to make the next five days more bearable.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@mirado: :o So far, the game's gotten a lot of 9/10s. I was a little on the fence about picking this up immediately, but I think I'm going to have to. Also, I think I'm 'satisfied' with my progress in The Witness, so I guess it's time to move onto XCOM :P

I just wish I were more excited about it than I currently am.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Would DMX help that?

Loading Video...

I mean, it's kind of refreshing to see someone not going crazy over this game, as I've been bouncing off the walls this past week, but Enemy Unknown was my GOTY back in 2012 so I can't really relate to missing hype.

These sick alien bastards have had it coming for a long time, and XCOM is going to deliver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.