Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Question about "Elite Soldier Pack" DLC Codes

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BelligerentEngine

So I was getting really frustrated with not being able to equip helmets on my XCOM soldiers on the steam PC version of the game.

I don't really understand why this is a pre-order feature, but regardless, I forgot to pre-order so now I have to live with it.

Unfortunately my brigade of improperly garbed mooks fills me with an inarticulate rage that eventually turns every game play session into a headache inducing miasma of personal suffering.

Thus to cure this horrible headgear affliction I decided to do the only, "sane" thing possible... Go and buy a retail copy of the console version and use it's code for my steam version.

Unfortunately the EB was all out of the Xbox 360 version, so I bought the PS3 version instead, it didn't occur to me at the time the the codes would be incompatible, which should of been relatively obvious I know. However to be fair it should be rather clear from the text of this post that I am insane.

So my question is 2 fold: First, does anyone know if the DLC codes from the XBOX 360 version of XCOM are compatible with the PC version? Second, does anyone have a code they'd be willing to trade or sell to me ASAP?

Else-wise I still have 1 hour and 40 minutes till the stores close I can go buy a third copy of XCOM if necessary. Please save me from this terrible terrible path.

P.S. As an additional note I do not posses a PS3, as I gave mine to my parents -_-!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

No, the XBox codes are not compatible. They are for XBox marketplace.

Also, I'd say it was a stupid waste of money, but I'm glad Firaxis got more money. =)

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hunkulese

Jesus man how much are you willing to spend just for some silly helmets?

Codes for any game will never work on a different platform. Ever.

BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BelligerentEngine

Had an EB card that had 70 dollars on it randomly in my wallet so I spent zero dollars. FYI Fuck Firaxis, being able to toggle your characters color pallet and portions of the appearance being a pre order time exclusive is like they've somehow designed the perfect torture specifically targeted at the one particular quirk that of all people on the planet earth only I have. Anyways I'm off to buy a boxed PC version. If anyone lives in the New West area of the GVRD and wants a un-played PS3 version send me a PM. Contrary to what might be evident in the text of this thread I am not in fact a serial killer.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm gonna be honest and say I rarely use the helmets. My commanding officer is a blonde girl from Germany and I want her appearance to match that I guess. Plus I personally don't really like the look of 2 of the 3 helmets. I'll occasionally put a helmet on a Heavy but never anything else.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Man. You really wanted helmets. I got the code but I usually go without. My guys are so bad they don't need helmets.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

Rookies get helmets because they're going to die without an identity. Soldiers who beat the odds and claw their way to Squaddie earn the right to have a face. Higher ranks earn more outrageous facial hair.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@BelligerentEngine said:

Had an EB card that had 70 dollars on it randomly in my wallet so I spent zero dollars. FYI Fuck Firaxis, being able to toggle your characters color pallet and portions of the appearance being a pre order time exclusive is like they've somehow designed the perfect torture specifically targeted at the one particular quirk that of all people on the planet earth only I have. Anyways I'm off to buy a boxed PC version. If anyone lives in the New West area of the GVRD and wants a un-played PS3 version send me a PM. Contrary to what might be evident in the text of this thread I am not in fact a serial killer.

Thats not Firaxis fault, blame the publisher

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By DJJoeJoe

The helmets are dumb looking and there is only 3 variants of them, it's not worth the trouble to grab them up right now. Wait and see if they are offered up later, they are 'worth' less than $1.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By HH

yeh i don't use the helmets that much, the heads have more individuality, but the color options help a lot with instantly identifying each soldier on the battlefield.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SAC

Dang man. I'm sure you are a cool guy and all that stuff but FUCK that's crazy.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MikeFightNight

Dude! I would of totally given you my helmets for 49.99! I never use them, but seriously. I am glad you increased the sales of the game, because its fucking awesome.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By pweidman

Well tc, now you have to buy a PS3 and play it on that platform to get those completely unnecessary helmets...:P

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bunnymud

I use helmets on rookies because I DON'T WANNA SEE THEIR UGLY MUGS!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Ravenlight said:

Rookies get helmets because they're going to die without an identity. Soldiers who beat the odds and claw their way to Squaddie earn the right to have a face. Higher ranks earn more outrageous facial hair.

Bravo! I burst out laughing for some reason.

Tho it might having something to do with my main guy always wearing a helmet since the first mission until the end.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Edit: Whoops nevermind

BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp that sucked I was under the impression that the helmets were a toggle for each set of armor, such that I could have still personalize the appearance of each character, not three "alternate heads" that only match the alternate armor.

Oh well they're passable, not what I was hoping for, but passable. Luckily I was able to shake trading in my opened PS3 copy for a brand new PC version, mostly because of a miss-communication betwixt two Game Stops.

So only bought two copies...

As a funny aside I was already at the final mission when this insanity seized me. My primary sniper Colonel "Nix" Haider entered the final mission with 167 kills, which seemed like a ridiculous amount for one soldier to have, but I dunno.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zuldim

@BelligerentEngine said:

Whelp that sucked I was under the impression that the helmets were a toggle for each set of armor, such that I could have still personalize the appearance of each character, not three "alternate heads" that only match the alternate armor.

Oh well they're passable, not what I was hoping for, but passable. Luckily I was able to shake trading in my opened PS3 copy for a brand new PC version, mostly because of a miss-communication betwixt two Game Stops.

So only bought two copies...

As a funny aside I was already at the final mission when this insanity seized me. My primary sniper Colonel "Nix" Haider entered the final mission with 167 kills, which seemed like a ridiculous amount for one soldier to have, but I dunno.

You are a madman, but I'm glad you bought two copies because that means more sales for a great game.

Oddy4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oddy4000

Note on helmets - Take it off your main character in the last mission, otherwise your cut scene at the end looks lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.