Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 29, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X from MonolithSoft is an open-world action RPG about humanity escaping the destruction of Earth and fighting off their attackers with transforming mechs on an alien planet. It is the spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Xenoblade X -Mech and Online demo (hype meter off the scale)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

My jaw dropped a couple of times while watching the latest direct fro XCX. I was looking forward to it, but I didn't know they would go all out like this. Frankly, I didn't think a game on the Wii U would be able to handle something like this. Yet here it is, in all its glory. Customizable mechs of all shapes sizes and varieties. You can ride them, you can fly them, you can deck them out with a ton of firepower. Oh and what's this? You can have a whole squad rolling in mechs right along side you? Yes please.

There's also an online aspect where you can form a squad of 32 people (GB squad anyone?). It's a network across which you can interact in various ways. You can team up with 3 others to tackle online quests. You can complete communal monster hunting quests. You can also send out messages with tips in them to the rest of your squad and gift any loot you don't need to others in the team. This game has a bazillion features.

Here's a subbed version of the direct. I skipped to where the mech action starts. Online features start at the 22:14 mark.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Holy shit. That looks incredible.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay that is REALLY cool.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't joking. My jaw dropped. And it keeps getting better the further the demo goes.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

Japan, I wish you would learn that calling mechs "dolls" is never cool. I barely tolerated it in Gundam Wing, if only because the term "doll" was used to denote AI-controlled mechs that were part of a network, as opposed to mechs flown by a pilot.

Anyway, I still think it's really ballsy to include mechs in this game, because how big is the world? Xenoblade Chronicles was large, but it maintained that sense of scale because you were on foot getting everywhere. I wonder if having a fairly speedy vehicle will make the world feel a little smaller. While I always appreciated the airship in Square RPGs because you felt like this powerful badass once you got one, it did make the scope of the world seem a little smaller since you could circumnavigate the world with relative ease.

Also, I'm all about the mech with the most doh-ri-fu-toh. Tokyo doh-ri-fu-toh, if possible.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aegon said:

@turtlebird95 said:

I wasn't joking. My jaw dropped. And it keeps getting better the further the demo goes.

I kept saying to myself "there's no way this on is on a Wii U" throughout the whole thing, haha.

Definitely looks like a day one purchase now.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I saw a bit of this unsubbed, but yeah, it looks like it will be really frickin' cool!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I purposefully haven't watched anything on this game because I just want to be surprised, but I finally cracked and yuuuuuuup, I can confirm that that does look pretty fucking awesome.

Hopefully they print more than 6 1/2 copies this time.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bleh. There's just something about this game I'm not feeling. I really don't like the online aspect. Online is in every other genre. It doesn't need to be in JRPG's too. They are like one of the last bastions of true single player. Also "Dolls" is just a dumb name. This game just seems super overwhelming, and not in a good way. Like it's just gonna be a ton of work and not really fun. The first game was already a handful and this just adds even more on top of that. I'm sure I'll check it out, but out of the three headed JRPG monster coming our way (this, FFXV, and Persona 5) I'm probably the least hyped for this.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: At the moment, I'm most excited for Persona 5, then Xenoblade, then FF XV.

I'm usually not into shoving online into a game, but this doesn't seem like a half-baked and hastily crammed in feature. Looks solid and fun to me. Even if you absolutely refuse to play with other people, you have the option to just use the characters from the game to do the online missions, so it's not a problem either way.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turambar

I continue to maintain that man, those are some ugly faces on the character models. Can I just play the whole game as a mech?

Also really weird that the two narrators don't have transitions as they change from one pose to another. Is the animation for that just not completed yet or something?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

What the fuck are thOSE FACES HOLY SHIT that is creepy.

Those mechs look cool, but seriously that girls face is a fucking nightmare factory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.