Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 27, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa is the latest in EA Sports' FIFA World Cup series and it not only improves on 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany, but also adds some key elements popularized by FIFA 10 and UEFA EURO 2008

anyone getting this?

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By clubsandwich

I'm a big fan of FIFA but I gotta admit that this one just looks pointless to me, I have the one of the 2006 world cup and it was rather boring, glitchy and you could complete it in an hour, I'll give the demo a chance to see how it turns out, but I think it will be just mediocre at best by the looks of it. anyone exited for this?

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By EthanML

If I get it it'll be for the multiplayer rather than the singleplayer features, so for me it all depends on how much the gameplay is changed/improved over Fifa 10.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich
    @EthanML said:
    " If I get it it'll be for the multiplayer rather than the singleplayer features, so for me it all depends on how much the gameplay is changed/improved over Fifa 10. "
    I don't think it will improve in a big way over FIFA 10, honestly, I don't see the point of releasing this, just add a World Cup Tournament to FIFA 10 and we're all good to go, makes me sick that EA is releasing this for $60, madness I say...
    EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EthanML

Meh, they've done it for every world cup so it's to be expected. I guess people will vote with their wallets as to whether it's a good idea for EA or not.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cap123

they're changing the AI of the keepers so chipping won't be so easy, that's an obvious plus. I'm not sure though. I bought the 2006 edition but that's when i was a pro evo player, so i didn't own pretty much the same game at the time.

TosspoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TosspoT

I'll be getting it due to World Cup fever!

JebusF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By JebusF

Strange how every iteration of Fifa (in recent years anyway) feels just little bit better.

Going back to 10, this feels so much more fluid and natural.  A definite purchase for me!

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ClownDetective

If it doesn't have virtual pros I will pass.

JebusF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JebusF

The interim Fifa games are almost always a little feature bare, more or less created to give a glimpse of what is to come in the next main game.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

i'll get it cause I skipped Fifa 10 and I liked the 06 WC game a lot. 

Avatar image for apocalypselater
    ApocalypseLater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ApocalypseLater

I have yet to buy a current gen version of Fifa on console and I'm debating whether or not I should buy this, buy Fifa 10 for cheap or wait for Fifa 11. The demo was enough to make me positive that I'd buy one of those 3 though. I've been missing out for years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.