Most baffingly awful publisher ever?

  • 111 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

 


 


 


 


Seriously, who in the blue hell are these games for exactly? What random demographic are they targeting?
 
Are the heads of 505 just drunk all the time and scream approval at anyone who pitches them a game? 
 
YEAH PUBLISH WHATEVER ASSHOLE I'M NINETY-TWO GRAND IN THE HOLE WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING OR THEY GONNA TAKE MY EYELIDS HERE'S TEN BUCKS FOR YOUR ART ASSETS GET OUTTA MY OFFICE
#2 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Looks like rural America to me.
#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -

Fighting Angels looks interesting.

#4 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

 
#5 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

Where's the stream in "Field and Stream"? 

#6 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
"
I'm pretty sure that people actually like that game, so what's your point?
#7 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

Damn, misspelled 'bafflingly'. 

#8 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
"
I was actually interested in this game
#9 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
 
"

 

So set it a rural place like Michigan. This is confirming my theory.

#10 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

I thought the first game said ''Fisting Angels''.

#11 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01: Every time I click on this thread, I make that mistake.
#12 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I thought the first game said ''Fisting Angels''. "
Ha! Same here. 
#13 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

On what planet is there someone outside of 505 Games who is aware of MICHIGAN:REPORT FROM HELL? 
 
 

#14 Posted by Eristocrat (439 posts) -

If their games didn't appeal to anyone they would probably be out of business.  Obviously they specialize in servicing groups who want niche games by giving them games they feel they can turn a profit on, nothing wrong with that.  Not like they are holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play them or anything.  Besides that it would be silly for them to try and appeal to people like us since studios like EA, Activision, 2K and Ubisoft publish really good games aimed at us, 505 obviously relys on a different market.

#15 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Eristocrat said:
"If their games didn't appeal to anyone they would probably be out of business.  Obviously they specialize in servicing groups who want niche games by giving them games they feel they can turn a profit on, nothing wrong with that.  Not like they are holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play them or anything.  Besides that it would be silly for them to try and appeal to people like us since studios like EA, Activision, 2K and Ubisoft publish really good games aimed at us, 505 obviously relys on a different market. "

I'd love to meet somebody from said market.
#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

Thread Generator thread?

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

These were also the same people who were making the Michael Phelps game, too bad nothing came of that *sarcasm*.

#18 Posted by Eristocrat (439 posts) -
@Rayfield: Go to your local wal-mart/strip mall.  And trust me you wouldn't love to meet them.
#19 Edited by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?
#20 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -
@Rayfield: It's the fourth game in the Forty-Party series (40 game minigame collection). Total guess.
#21 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Eristocrat said:
" @Rayfield: Go to your local wal-mart/strip mall.  And trust me you wouldn't love to meet them. "

Perhaps you're right. 
 
But still, I would like to sit them down and ask why them what they were thinking when they laid out hard-earned cash for something like Field of Streams or whatever the hell it's called. Something to get the kids outta their face or do they wake up in a dumpster with it already in their hand?
#22 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?
"
God, the box art looks like it was taken from a Google image search.
#23 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
"
LOL! That seriously can't be a game.
#24 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

the guy on the Field and Stream portrait should PROBABLY be aiming for something other than the duck. that or fucking running away because he's being attacked by 3 ferocious animals

#25 Edited by lizardspike (154 posts) -
@Hector said:
" @Rayfield said:
"
"
LOL! That seriously can't be a game. "

It is a game, I like that game!
#26 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

@Landon said:

" @Rayfield said:
"
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?
"
God, the box art looks like it was taken from a Google image search. "


 

 
Look at this closely though. All the people 'playing' this 'game' look to be having the ball-tremblingly, paint-peeling-off-the-walls, ARRGGHHH-HOLY-SHIT-MY-FACE-IS-ON-FIRE-WITH-AWESOME time of their lives. Think back through your life - have you ever been this ecstatic over anything? Imagine if playing Forty4Party actually did that. 
 
Kinda half interested in this game now.
#27 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

They've published ArmA, Armored Core, Cooking Mama, Guilty Gear PSP, Naughty Bear, Rule of Rose,  Izuna, and Steambot Chronicles, All solid games. They also do a lot of downright offensive games, but they probably still sell well to the uninformed masses.
 
They're certainly not making anything good, but I can more or less understand how they stay afloat.
 
Also fuck you, Michigan is an awesome game.

#28 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -
@Rayfield: Haven't you heard of the un discerning grandma bucks? The "casual" gamer? Dude, people buy stupid things. Just because you aren't interested in something doesn't mean someone, somewhere out there isn't like "Fighting Angels? I do like fighting, and I do like angels...sign me up!"
#29 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"@Eristocrat said:
" @Rayfield: Go to your local wal-mart/strip mall.  And trust me you wouldn't love to meet them. "
Perhaps you're right.  But still, I would like to sit them down and ask why them what they were thinking when they laid out hard-earned cash for something like Field of Streams or whatever the hell it's called. Something to get the kids outta their face or do they wake up in a dumpster with it already in their hand? "

They'd probably mumble something that sounds like "I like huntin'."
#30 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

WTF??? The Ballet Studio supports the Wii Balance board? Where do I buy!?!?!?!?

#31 Posted by Jeust (10480 posts) -
@laserfrog said:
" @Hector said:
" @Rayfield said:
"
"
LOL! That seriously can't be a game. "
It is a game, I like that game! "
I wanted to play that game... 
#32 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
"
Endurance Run!
#33 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

HOW COME EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT MICHIGAN: REPORT FROM HELL
#34 Edited by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

They seem to publish *everything.*  In the PAL regions, they've published (good games like) Il-2 Sturmovik, ArmA, ArmA 2, Bust-a-Move, Harvest Moon, etc.

#35 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

Just when I thought they could confuse me no longer...

   
#36 Edited by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Rayfield said:

"HOW COME EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT MICHIGAN: REPORT FROM HELL "


I'm with you on this. Until this point I life, I lived blissfully ignorant of the fact that a game had ever been set in Michigan. 
 
That having been said, let me join the growing chorus of Endurance Run! Endurance Run!
#37 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Eristocrat said:
" If their games didn't appeal to anyone they would probably be out of business."
That's what I keep telling myself about Uwe Boll.
#38 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

The sole screenshot in Giant Bomb's database of Michigan: Report From Hell. What is this I don't even...
#39 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"
Just when I thought they could confuse me no longer...
    "

Dude, awesome! This is just a video game version of the psychotronic classic Attack of the 50 Ft Woman!
#40 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

I'M NOT JOKING WHEN I SAY THE BACK OF THIS COVER HAS QUOTES SUCH AS 'WATCH THE SEXY GAUGE RISE AND WHEN IT HITS THE TOP, UNLEASH THE SEXY DANCE' AND 'UNLOCK NEW OUTFITS WHEN YOU COMPLETE THE GAME SEVERAL TIMES'.
#41 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

You are way too into this.
#42 Posted by Zidd (1838 posts) -

Someone has to pony up for development of all those shovelware budget titles.

#43 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -
@Rayfield said:






This is what you see before you die.
#44 Posted by Damodar (1302 posts) -

Fighting Angels for EVO2k11

#45 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
"You are way too into this. "

I'M RIDING THE CREST OF THE WAVE OF THIS BITCH AND HOPEFULLY WHEN IT BREAKS MY MIND WILL ALSO BREAK
#46 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
" HOW COME EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT MICHIGAN: REPORT FROM HELL "
it's developed by grasshopper manufacture, suda51's company. when a game is a hit, or at least enough people enjoy it (no more heroes, killer 7), sometimes fans of that game will go back through the developer's back catalog to see if there's anything else they might like that they might have missed. 
 
this could be one of those games.
#47 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Damodar: 
 

 
#48 Posted by HatKing (5821 posts) -

I like that on the Field & Stream box art of all the things to shoot at he picks the quail, one of the few animals not attacking him.
#49 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
"@Ragdrazi said:
"You are way too into this. "
I'M RIDING THE CREST OF THE WAVE OF THIS BITCH AND HOPEFULLY WHEN IT BREAKS MY MIND WILL ALSO BREAK "

You better break yo'self. 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afLJf7z0RVc 
 
3:45. 
 
When she get's the gun. 
 
And shoots the other girl.
#50 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
"@Rayfield said:
"@Ragdrazi said:
"You are way too into this. "
I'M RIDING THE CREST OF THE WAVE OF THIS BITCH AND HOPEFULLY WHEN IT BREAKS MY MIND WILL ALSO BREAK "

You better break yo'self. 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afLJf7z0RVc  3:45.  When she get's the gun.  And shoots the other girl. "

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ITS SO TERRIBLE YET AT THE SAME TIME TOTALLY AWESOME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CAN YOU BELIEVE THE HYPNOTIC DANCE OF THE CROWD IN THE BACKGROUND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.