This game is great.

#1 Posted by thomascaret (12 posts) -

If anyone was having any thoughts about buying this game, it's great. It's a more simplistic and streamlined dwarf fortress with a awesome career mode as well as the randomly generated maps as you would expect.

Tons of fun.

#2 Posted by Hungry (165 posts) -

I played it and thought it was okay, but it just isn't my kind of game. I am not bashing it for it, but a more simplistic and streamlined Dwarf Fortress is not what I am interested in. So fine game, just not my bag.

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

i bet it has doors

#4 Posted by cheebaking (123 posts) -

Could you explain what makes it great? I've heard people say it a great game but I still don't really get what you're doing in it and why it's getting the love.

#5 Posted by Patman99 (1586 posts) -

The real question is: "Does it have up stairs, down stairs, AND up/down stairs?"

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

No one else has these thoughts.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

It's as if Dwarf Fortress didn't hate you.

And has 3D graphics.

#8 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -
#9 Posted by Atwa (620 posts) -

I want it, can you build HUGE fortresses? I want something relaxed to just build stuff. 

#10 Posted by cbarnes86 (557 posts) -

It is very similar to Dungeon Keeper right now and shares some assets with DF, but I can safely say that Paradox will support the hell out of this game and add tons of stuff to possibly make it more Dwarf Fortressy. Either way, lots of fun (for me anyway) to play.

#11 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

I'm happy to give this a try if it's someone taking the Dungeon Keeper game style & putting that to something new. The one Dungeons game came out recent which looked like the DK style of games but it was rather a mess when I played it where you & not your minions were having to do all the work. Been waiting on Game of Dwarves to pop up on steam to grab it as it looks like what I'd enjoy playing.

#12 Edited by voxt (1 posts) -
#13 Posted by Loafsmooch (349 posts) -

I'd say it's so simplistic that it shouldn't be compared to DF. Definitely more like Dungeon Keeper. Good game though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.