Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Active Reload

Concept »

Active Reload is a gameplay concept in which the player can actively decrease the load time of a weapon by timing a button press.

Active Reloads kick ass, bro.

Xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xeno

It added so much to Gears of War, why haven't more games adopted it?

Avatar image for beyondperfection
    BeyondPerfection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BeyondPerfection

It's for scrubs?

I don't even use actives and I still beast. I can't imagine what it would be like if I actually did..

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Termite

I haven't seen any games with it ( I don't play gears of war ) and the idea seems silly to me.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Wolswor

Because loading bullets in sideways doesn't make them more powerfull

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AlexB

It's sort of a double edge sword. At times it is a very useful technique, like if 3 people are charging in on you and you need just a little advantage, but other times it is very cheap. People often go into battles pumping active reload which can really offset a fight. if they took it out entirely the series wouldn't be better necessarily. people just need to know when to use it. I use it quite a bit because i use the motto (if its there why not use it). if I'm going into a 1v1shotgun battle, of course i dont, but any other time it is to your advantage that you use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.