No recent wiki edits to this page.
Akai Katana Shin is an updated port of arcade bullet hell shoot 'em up Akai Katana, developed by Cave. Cave self-published the Xbox 360 version in Japan, where it was released May 26, 2011. Rising Star Games published it in Europe and North America where it was released in May of 2012. A port of the Shin mode will be released in Japanese arcades through NESiCAxLive.
In addition to the original arcade version of Akai Katana, Akai Katana Shin features:
- Two new modes with 16:9 widescreen support and modified game systems: Zetsu and Shin.
- Updated high-resolution graphics for both sprites and backgrounds.
- A new stage with a new boss character, Nazuna Ayase.
- Replay saving and online leaderboards.
- Novice modes and training modes.
- Voice acting DLC that can be accessed with a card included in the first print run.
The original arcade version of the game.
The Zetsu mode differs from the arcade mode in the following ways:
- The game is displayed in 16:9 widescreen.
- The new stage from Shin mode is included.
- The limit on the amount of scoring items that can be on the screen at once has been removed.
- The characters' item-sucking radius in ninja mode has been increased.
- Scoring items stay on the screen longer.
- When the hit counter has reached 256, cancelled enemy bullets produce medium scoring items.
- If a laser-shooting enemy is destroyed, its lasers turn into small energy items.
- Energy items produced by options appear with a different timing.
- More energy items are produced by an enemies' destruction.
- More suicide bullets appear when in defensive ninja mode.
- More scoring items are produced by medium enemies.
- The Type A ship has increased movement speed in the offensive ninja mode, and the time it take for its options to return to the default formation after exiting ninja mode has been reduced.
- The Type B ship has increased movement speed in the offensive ninja mode, and the amount of energy items its options produce when overlapping an enemy has been increased.
- The Type C ship has increased movement speed in the defensive ninja mode, and the amount of energy items its options produce when overlapping an enemy has been increased. Also, the time it take for its options to return to the default formation after exiting ninja mode has been increased.
In Shin, shooting enemies with the spread shot generates blue orbs, while shooting them with the focused shot or the option generates green energy items that fill the ninja meter. The closer to an enemy the player is when he shoots it, the more items he gets. In ninja mode, the player can hold the shot button to unload all his accumulated blue orbs, which damage enemies, turn bullets into small gold items and grant the player katanas. By pressing the Ninja Mode button the player can then unleash his katanas, which damage enemies and turn bullets into large gold items.