Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Akai Katana Shin

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Akai Katana for Xbox 360 contains three different modes, including a port of the original arcade version of Akai Katana.

Anyone with knowledge of CAVE shooters know whats up with this?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, Amazon recommended this to me didn't even know this was coming out but did buy and enjoy Deathsmiles just wondering if this is worth a potential buy. I'm not deep down the rabbit hole of Bullet Hell shooters though so my knowledge is limited. Anyone with more knowledge on this give me a heads up?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael
    @Demoskinos: There's a demo on Japanese Xbox Live if you want to try the game out. Has the first two stages from Shin mode, and I for one had a lot of fun with it. I wasn't that impressed at first but once I started scoring it was an absolute blast (I recommend watching some Shin scoring videos and reading an explanation of the system if you're going to play the demo). It's quite different from Deathsmiles -- all of Cave's bullet hell shooters are quite different from each other, contrary to popular belief -- but obviously does scratch a lot of the same itches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.