Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 14, 2010

When famous novelist Alan Wake goes on vacation with his wife Alice, he has no idea that the idyllic town of Bright Falls will soon be the site of a terrible battle between light and dark that could threaten everything, even Wake's own sanity.

Accidentally Bought DLC Because Of Bad Design.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Metzo_Paino

Bah, I just bought The Signal DLC because clicking it on the Alan Wake game makes you buy it, when in every other game it brings you to another page where you have the option of putting in the redeem code. 

This is so infuriating because I doubt Microsoft will offer me any kind of help! 

So I'm stuck with an unused DLC code, if anyone wants it, just PM.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

against the rules to sell things on these forums bro. Sorry about your loss though.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Metzo_Paino

Thanks for letting me know, i'll edit my post.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000

"Buy Now" link buys stuff.  Just sayin' 

Actually, that really is a bummer, sorry to hear that. Make sure you watch carefully for these sorts of things, look before you leap.  I believe there was a "Redeem Code" button right below the "Buy" button.  

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Metzo_Paino

In the Alan Wake game it was, Click on the DLC about the signal and then download which made me automatically buy it, I was expecting the Pay with Points or Redeem Code page. 

Got in touch with Microsoft and explained the problem, there advice was "perhaps you can sell the code to a friend?" 

Them not redeeming it was annoying enough, but that suggestion really seemed to rub me the wrong way.

Eckon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Eckon

I had the same problem! I inserted the redeem Code before the expansion was available, live accepted it, and in the next day, say bye bye to 560 points. I just felt like spending the next points available on crap and never add points again.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

That's pretty shitty.

MysticFlavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By MysticFlavour
    @Eckon: I redeemed the code before the expansion was available, and it started downloading a video about the Signal. In the beginning of this video there is a message displayed in several languages that says that I will be emailed another code once The Signal is available. I am yet to receive such a code...  Has this happened  to anyone else? I really don't want to pay 560 MS points for something that I'm already entitled to.
    Eckon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eckon
    @JayDarco: Sometimes i forgot to view my hotmail account (damn gmail!), and there was the code to download the DLC... The microsoft  logic is... you have a coupon with a code that will originate another code that will be delivered in your email.... My 
    logic was... ok... i have a redeem code, just use it in the xbl , the download screen should appear next.... but i guess it's very hard to microsoft to implement that...
    johnny961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnny961

I also redeemed the code on launch day & got the video also. Emailed microsoft & they told me i had to call & talk to live support. After 45min 02 seconds & 3 different people explaining the same thing to each of them & being on hold for about 38min of that time i finally got a new code. If you have not received the code yet which they told me everybody would by 8/2 you will have to call. After all of the aggravation though i would have been better off just to buy it.
    Elven6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Elven6
    @Eckon said:
    " @JayDarco: Sometimes i forgot to view my hotmail account (damn gmail!), and there was the code to download the DLC... The microsoft  logic is... you have a coupon with a code that will originate another code that will be delivered in your email.... My logic was... ok... i have a redeem code, just use it in the xbl , the download screen should appear next.... but i guess it's very hard to microsoft to implement that... "

You should start reading the cards before redeeming, they tell you not to redeem until the summer. ;)

I don't think Xbox Live infrastructure has a "pre-order" type ability, would be cool to have if just for cases like this as a backup where people may redeem codes early and potentially miss out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.