Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

Not really liking i so far.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, so Ive only played about 20 minutes of the Marine Campaign. but im not really liking this game so far. The graphics are kinda meh. The shooting isnt great, the Voice acting is pretty Horrendous. Maybe itll get better the more I paly it, or maybe the Alien and Predator campigns will be better, but this game is kinda meh so far. Also, tis way to dark. I know this is suppsoe to be a dark game, but I cant see crap. I have to crank in game brightness almsot all the way.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

my friend loves so far. he said the multi player is well done. have you tried it yet? 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @AjayRaz:

I did think Multiplayer was fun (from the demo). im talking about Singleplayer. Like I said, I jsut got ti like a half hour ago, so maybe I cant make a proper verdict yet. Im just saying that for that 30 minutes, im not really enjoying it.  (good thing I rented it)
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @AjayRaz: I did think Multiplayer was fun (from the demo). im talking about Singleplayer. Like I said, I jsut got ti like a half hour ago, so maybe I cant make a proper verdict yet. Im just saying that for that 30 minutes, im not really enjoying it.  (good thing I rented it) "
    hm, i have not heard very good things about this game so far. can you update us later on when you have played a bit more? 
    Shane394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shane394

I'm liking it a lot more then I thought I would. The single player is, however, one big "Meh".

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BigBoss1911

The multiplayer is definitely alot of fun , though Its a pain that you cant join games that are already started.

BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BeefWaterfall

I agree with the single player Marine campaign. Sweet jeebus the dialogue is horrible. I always roll my eyes when writers make this fanboy like homages to the original movie dialogue that feels so ....corny.  Oh, and really....in the future only Latinas join the Colonial Marines? Also, in the future, the SureFire Flashlight company must be out of business. Marine flashlights have the illumination power of a sleepy firefly. 

I checked out the first 20 minutes or so of the Predator and Alien campaign and felt much more entertaining. Hopefully that'll be the case as I attempt to play through them. Don't think I'll ever go back to the Marine one. 

As far as Multiplayer - - There are things that work fairly reliably in single player that I can't seem to execute in Multi-player. The Grab move for instance leaves me baffled. I'll sometimes work hard to sneak up behind a guy (as an Alien or Predator) and.....his back is to me....and I won't get the prompt to hit "X" and grab. On other occasions, I'm like....20 feet away from the guy, and I get the prompt to Grab. Yeah, my Alien jumps and closes the distance. I"m not debating the realism of doing the move from that distance. I just don't get why sometimes I can't do it when I'm like a foot away from the guy. 

I assume I have to be undetected or I won't get the prompt. But there are times when I swear the opponent I'm stalking doesn't see me (his back is to me and everything) and I still dont' get the prompt. Manual, of course, doesn't elaborate on what conditions need to be met in order to pull of the grab. Guess I'll wait for some fan game tip tutorial on the internet.  Multi-player would seem to be a lot more fun if I just knew what I could or couldn't do and when. 

Jamakan_Inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Jamakan_Inc

The Marine campaign is not brilliant, but it definately gets better, a fair few memorable moments, especially towards the later levels. Worth giving another shot, I'd say.
    Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Maclintok

I was guiltily watching Alien Resurrection last week before being dragged off to bed.  It is easily the worst film in the series by a parsec but I still had a blast watching the xenomorphs do their business.  I'm very tempted to get AvP if only to soak in the atmosphere and do all the faction campaigns.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword

Well, I jsut beat all three Campaigns, and it was really one big "Meh."  the Marine was your generic FPS game, the Alien made me dizzy and had a lame story, the Predator one was one big ass Scavengor hunt. Glad I rented it and didnt buy it. And Multipalyer aint that great later. I quick kill someone, someone quick kills me right when my long animation is done, than someone shoots him while hes doing me in. pretty lame.  
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By gike987
    @Raven_Sword said:
    "And Multipalyer aint that great later. I quick kill someone, someone quick kills me right when my long animation is done   "
    That's the problem with multi, people quick kill then they shouldn't. Only try to quick kill if the person is alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.