Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

Provenance

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

This is a game based on a movie based on a game based on two movies. Did I get it? Am I forgetting about something?

I'm not criticizing, it's just a paradigmatic example of the connection between both industries. It is not surprising that citizen siege is planned to be released in both media simultaneously, hopefully before Duke Nukem Forever.

RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By RisingRaiden

*facepalms*  The games are NOT based on the movies.  The movies are based on the games -_-

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trylks

So are you saying to me that the alien movie released in 1979 is based on the game released by atari in 1982? Wow! I'd have never expected that!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By jacksukeru

I don't care, who you are, where you're from, don't care what you did, as long as you don't suck AvP.
        I don't care, who you are, where you're from, don't care what you did, as long as you don't suck AvP.

I played the second one and liked it, hopefully it's like that. Sounds like it anyway.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @Trylks said:
    " This is a game based on a movie based on a game based on two movies. Did I get it? Am I forgetting about something?"
    AvP comics came before the movies and games?

I'm not sure.
    trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trylks
    @TheFreeMan said:
    AvP comics came before the movies and games? I'm not sure. "
    You are right, sir. The AvP comics are from 1989 and the game is from 1993, according to wikipedia.
    RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By RisingRaiden
    @Trylks said:
    " So are you saying to me that the alien movie released in 1979 is based on the game released by atari in 1982? Wow! I'd have never expected that! "
    No, I'm saying that AVP is not based on the AVP movies.  No shit they're based off of the Aliens and Predator movies *rolls eyes* 

I wouldn't worry though.  AVP and AVP2 were great games, so I expect that this will follow suit.
    trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trylks
    @RisingRaiden said:
    AVP and AVP2 were great games, so I expect that this will follow suit. "
    That's why I'm not criticizing, and because I never played any of them. And that's why it is a good example of the connection between both industries, as some movies in the franchise are supposed to be good too, even if I don't like them. But I suppose that's just my personal taste.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.