Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 08, 2010

A first-person survival horror game with advanced physics-based puzzles from Frictional Games, the creators of the Penumbra series. Its dynamic of light and darkness and focus on avoidance of enemies rather than combat have been highly influential in recent horror games.

Amnesia. How long did everyone last?

GameHandsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GameHandsome

I bought it last night on steam for 6 dollars. I lasted an hour and a half before the stress was too much. Anyone finish the game and is it worth it to just push through?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yes; yes.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did you even get to the water part?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Did you even get to the water part?

FUUUUCK.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I played through the water part and then I watched some guy play through the rest of it.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Avatar image for purplemoustache
    PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By PurpleMoustache

Beat it, game clock at 8 hours.

Beat its wildly disappointing sequel too, game clock at 3 hours.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

The fact that I had to find lantern oil all the time bothered me. I think I played about an hour before I gave up.

I played through the sequel (A Machine for Pigs) and really enjoyed it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Beat it shortly after release it is good, once you get to the last 3rd it stops being scary but the story holds it till the end as the gameplay becomes less interesting the story kicks into high gear.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Played through the whole thing last year. Most stressful parts were probably the water part and storage but I managed to get over the hump. I took breaks in the beginning about every hour or two. I would get so freaked out that I would need a break and just couldn't handle it. After a few days of only playing an hour or so at a time, and I was really going slow when I played it so I would get all the notes, I managed to play through the rest of it in one marathon session. I just needed to finish it for the story and I wanted to be done with it since it was so butt-clenchingly tense.

I am going into the new Amnesia game the same way. I have played about 2 portions that lasted about an 1 hour or so. I got to a part that had really gnarly music and I had muscle through that until I got to another portion that had another pretty gnarly music cue. Then I noped right out of it for the night. I assume I will get over the hump with this game in much the same way. I just need to get into it. The story is certainly pulling me along but the gameplay isn't as good as the first game. It seems to straight forward, no hubs yet and the puzzles haven't so much been puzzles as just finding levers to pull. But the music... gah. That stuff is making my skin crawl.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played till going down to the dungeon and gave up. It was boring me to tears.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadegl said:

I took breaks in the beginning about every hour or two. I would get so freaked out that I would need a break and just couldn't handle it.

Same, that honestly seems like the best way to approach the game, if anyone gets to freaked out, just spend an hour or so and then shut it down for the night. It also works well in that for me anyways the majority of the puzzles/levels only ever seemed to take me about an hour (thus far that is, I just finished the prison level which everyone kept saying freaked them out the most, so it must be clear sailing from here on out right guys?!) it isn't really a marathon it game, it's a play it, stop it, sleep on it, pick it back up.

I am such a horror game fan but this one really gets to me more then most, my biggest in game fears and I guess real life to is something chasing me and I can't do a damn thing about it, and that's all this game is! All the game! Getting the doors open during the water level was horrible! So horrible!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Til the halfway point, I think. The level design is awful and I couldn't stand backtracking yet-again, trying to figure out where the hell I was supposed to go. Besides the water part, I didn't think it was scary. Just a really boring game that I couldn't play any more of.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it for 26 minutes.

...in three sittings.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I finished it when it came out a few years ago, but it was usually an hour at a time. After an hour I would run into another room, turn on all the lights and think happy thoughts.

GameHandsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GameHandsome

ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldnt last more than an hour and a half. The stress literally gave me a stomach ache, so I had to shut it down. I plan on going back in tonight

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't stop playing out of fear, but because I didn't know what to do.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I went to the Steam store page for Amnesia once. Does that count?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.