The Ancient Space wiki last edited by BGoldenTLE on 10/01/14 08:57PM
View full history
Announced August 21, 2014 by Paradox Interactive, Ancient Space is a fully-3D space RTS in a similar vein to titles such as Homeworld and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
Ancient Space focuses on a human fleet controlled by the player from the Ulysses II. The fleet has been sent on a scientific mission at the edges of the Universe, specifically an area known as the 'Black Zone.'
The plot has been advertised as one of the main focuses of the game, having brought in various talent from other well-known sci-fi properties. Confirmed cast for the game include:
- Dina Meyer (Dizzy Flores from Starship Troopers, Commander Donatra from Star Trek: Nemesis)
- Ron Glass (Derrial Book from Firefly)
- John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox from Star Trek: Enterprise)
- Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay from Star Trek: TNG, Voyager, and First Contact)
- Richard Gunn ('Sketchy' from Dark Angel)
- Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica)
The core of Ancient Space will be its single player campaign. Fleet sizes will supposedly range from 10-20 units (with some of these individual units being squadrons of multiple ships). There will be recruit-able officers you can encounter throughout the campaign, of which 3 can be selected per mission to give the fleet various buffs.
It has been confirmed Ancient Space will be single-player only. There will be no multiplayer.