Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

And Yet It Moves

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 02, 2009

A puzzle-platformer set in a world made up of ripped paper. Players can rotate the entire world around in order to change the relative direction of gravity, giving players the freedom to navigate environments in novel ways.

Early Thoughts on And Yet It Moves...

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

Edited By SuicidalSnowman

I picked up this in the Steam Indie Games Pack that was available deeply discounted on the Mac steam release.  All the games are the play anywhere type, where you can purchase them once, and then play on PC or Mac.  I am pretty sure the entire pack was $20, although the total value was listed at $60.  It had World of Goo, however, which I have been dying to play for a long time, and Machinarium, which I had seen a quick look of on GiantBomb, and Vinny was pretty adamant that it was a good game, so I figured why not, I'll take the other three as freebies.

AYIM is so far, the most disappointing of all the games.  Although the art style is, quite simply, amazing, the rest of the game is so far lackluster.  The mechanics are cool, but there is a ton of trial and error, and the level design is uninspired.  There is a lot of guessing where to turn next (pun intended), although I will concede the checkpoints are very cool, and do provide some direction.

My real problem, at least early on, is that there are times when it makes more sense to reset the level because you hit a checkpoint, only to find out you need to go back four checkpoints earlier to grab a rock or bat you need for the next challenge.  In a game where moving through the level is the challenge, backtracking is an exercise in frustration.

I'll probably continue playing, however, as I only put in about a half hour, and the art is really something, plus there are steam achievements, but this is my early feedback.    

Also, if you want to read more of my posts, check out my regular gaming blog.  

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

I picked up this in the Steam Indie Games Pack that was available deeply discounted on the Mac steam release.  All the games are the play anywhere type, where you can purchase them once, and then play on PC or Mac.  I am pretty sure the entire pack was $20, although the total value was listed at $60.  It had World of Goo, however, which I have been dying to play for a long time, and Machinarium, which I had seen a quick look of on GiantBomb, and Vinny was pretty adamant that it was a good game, so I figured why not, I'll take the other three as freebies.

AYIM is so far, the most disappointing of all the games.  Although the art style is, quite simply, amazing, the rest of the game is so far lackluster.  The mechanics are cool, but there is a ton of trial and error, and the level design is uninspired.  There is a lot of guessing where to turn next (pun intended), although I will concede the checkpoints are very cool, and do provide some direction.

My real problem, at least early on, is that there are times when it makes more sense to reset the level because you hit a checkpoint, only to find out you need to go back four checkpoints earlier to grab a rock or bat you need for the next challenge.  In a game where moving through the level is the challenge, backtracking is an exercise in frustration.

I'll probably continue playing, however, as I only put in about a half hour, and the art is really something, plus there are steam achievements, but this is my early feedback.    

Also, if you want to read more of my posts, check out my regular gaming blog.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.