AC:NL - Physical or Digital?

• 75 results
Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: AC:NL - Physical or Digital? (264 votes)

Physical 38%
Digital 62%

Today is the day before Animal Crossing: New Leaf comes to North America. Even today I'm still thinking about which version to get, Physical or Digital. I know digital makes sense since the game is meant to be played daily, but I really like having the actual game in my hands.

So I thought I would make this poll to see what version you guys will be getting.

#51 Edited by TechnoSyndrome (866 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

@taku128 said:

Bells sometimes fall out of trees, so if you shake enough of them you can get your photo taken and visit other towns. If you shake all the trees in town and still don't have enough I think saving and then restarting will reset all the trees.

Also everyone should pay Mr. Resetti a visit.

That's what I did. Also found a Freezer and a Magic Lamp from the trees I shook as well. Also got a Spring Shirt from Lobo in my town. Looks like a Winter sweater.

Where is Mr. Resetti at?

You just have to turn the game off without saving. He'll pop up the next time you try to load your town.

#52 Posted by Aerobie (104 posts) -

Oh shit, just remembered that I was going to buy digital, but I ordered it on Amazon already. Think it already shipped, too...

#53 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1683 posts) -

I'm one of those people who is terrified of the digital future, and buy physical copies of games whenever possible...but this game is my one exception. Seems like the perfect game to have digitally on the system, with the way it is meant to be played at certain times and such. And I was feeling particularly lazy this morning, and wanted to play it right when I woke up this morning without having to venture out to the Gamestop or Best Buy.

Me not having a cart for one game won't kill me, I suppose.

#54 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

I haven't bought a physical 3DS game since they started offering them up on the E-Shop.

#55 Posted by Sanity (1901 posts) -

@taku128 said:

@jjor64 said:

@taku128 said:

Bells sometimes fall out of trees, so if you shake enough of them you can get your photo taken and visit other towns. If you shake all the trees in town and still don't have enough I think saving and then restarting will reset all the trees.

Also everyone should pay Mr. Resetti a visit.

That's what I did. Also found a Freezer and a Magic Lamp from the trees I shook as well. Also got a Spring Shirt from Lobo in my town. Looks like a Winter sweater.

Where is Mr. Resetti at?

You just have to turn the game off without saving. He'll pop up the next time you try to load your town.

Yea, was one of the first things i did as i was curious, really looking forward to bringing him back now...

#56 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I went to someone's town and they booted me immediately, and Resetti was on the disconnect screen haha

#57 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

Digital. Seems this is a game to play in bursts and I don't want to be swapping physical games.

#58 Edited by MentalDisruption (1623 posts) -

I was going to buy physical. The combination of my Walmart not having it on the shelves, and the thought of taking the cartridge out every time I want to switch between Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing made me go with digital instead.

#59 Edited by ManMadeGod (1559 posts) -

Picked up the physical copy at Best Buy. I will never download a full priced game from Nintendo until they can tie it to an account. If you lose the 3ds, or if the system breaks, you lose the game. No deal.

#60 Posted by StarFoxA (5150 posts) -

Physical because I don't like how Nintendo still doesn't have a unifying account system and just links purchases to the console.

#61 Edited by Hailinel (24431 posts) -

Well, I bought the digital version anyway. Still have the physical version on order, but I'll be giving it to a friend.

#62 Edited by madman356647 (251 posts) -

I was going to buy physical. The combination of my Walmart not having it on the shelves, and the thought of taking the cartridge out every time I want to switch between Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing made me go with digital instead.

I had the same concern, but really I'd rather have the physical so I can borrow a 3DS if mine were to ever go pfft (yes, playing this alongside Fire Emblem). Tom Nook waits for no one!

#63 Edited by mropinion (43 posts) -

I want to get it digitally, but I have some Gamestop creds that I want to use to get it, but because of the stupid midnight launch, I have to wait as they don't have it available just yet. BOOOO

#64 Posted by Ben_H (3349 posts) -

Digital. I was going to get the physical copy for them sweet Nintendo Club points but for this game, Digital is the ideal medium since I only play it in short bursts.

#65 Posted by Lumley (951 posts) -

Physical, it was £10 cheaper and I got it today, a day early

#66 Edited by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

Digitally from the "So Many Games!" promo.

#67 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I like having this digitally so much I went digital on Mario Kart 7 as well. I may do the same for NSMB2 because my niece is obsessed with it and shows no sign of slowing down, meaning I'll likely never trade it in. If only Theatrythym was digital! I'm tempted for Fire Emblem but if (when) they make another I'll want to trade it in.

#68 Posted by BasketSnake (1195 posts) -

Item Subtotal: £23.33 - Thanks Amazon.

#69 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

Physical. I got the game a day early and I don't trust Nintendo's online system enough to go with digital purchases (with the exception of Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion, which I didn't pay for).

#70 Edited by Toadorolum (17 posts) -

I'm a huge sucker for boxed copies of games over digital releases.

#71 Posted by TheAteties (2 posts) -

I got the physical copy of the game. Mainly because for one, I'm used to getting the game carts and whatnot and for another thing, I can easily share the game cart with someone else, should they want to play it.

#72 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Digital. This makes the 9th game I have that's digital:

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
4. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
5. Fire Emblem Awakening
6. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Donkey Kong Original Edition
9. Tetris

#73 Posted by spookytapes (263 posts) -

I went digital because I always want to be able to pop into it quickly even if I am playing something else on the system.

#74 Posted by JessicaaGoldBurst (34 posts) -

Physical. I don't like how the 3DS handles digital games. Probably the only game I'll get digitally is the new Phoenix Wright since that's the only release it's getting and it's a must-have game for me.

#75 Posted by drjvicente (15 posts) -

I would say physical. Digital versin is around 6000 blocks, wich is a lit for my card. The physical copy was not available in my city the day i decided to buy, so i got digital (150 brazilian reais, around 70 U$ - pretty expensive). I also got the physica copy fr my wife, but nothing special within it.

#76 Posted by busted1der (199 posts) -

I feel like Amazon has been selling the game for a couple of bucks under MSRP sometimes. Physical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.