Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 08, 2012

The player takes the position of town mayor in this version of Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS.

Transfer Data from Wild World or City Folk?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Will Animal Crossing: New Leaf allow you to transfer data from Wild World or City Folk?

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The mechanics have changed significantly enough that I doubt it, and the precedent set by the previous games would confirm that doubt.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By insouciant

@rpwll: Animal Crossing: City Folk let you transfer data from Wild World. But I think you're right, there won't be any transferring for New Leaf.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I've been watching some people with the Japanese version play on YouTube and they've all said no.

rpwll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@insouciant: That's interesting, it gels with the reports I've heard that AC: City Folk is basically a Wii version of Wild World.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By doomed

More importantly, the DS and Wii both were hack-able when AC come out, thus killing the economy. Since the 3DS has not yet been hacked, allowing the import of every rare item from AC Wii into this game would hurt the economy.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MezZa

Kind of glad that there's no transfer. I'm not one to tell others how to play their game, but I feel like there's enough differences in this and City Folk that there should be a fresh start. Plus, the hacks would follow into this game like Doomed said.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Nezza

I found my old copy of Wild World a little earlier today and loaded it up on my 3DS. It's been something like 6 years since I last played it. It still works, and a couple of my old residents were still there and unfortunately so was Resetti.

It was pretty cool receiving the letter I'd sent to my 'future' self - now my long past self, but also sad to see my village looking so unkempt. So I just spent 2 hours pulling up all the weeds and clearing trees that had grown in bad places. The funny thing is that I'll probably not pick it up again until New Leaf arrives, but I couldn't bare the thought of my old buddies living in that run down place.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That would be AWFUL! The reason I buy a new Animal Crossing is to get away from the assholes in my current Animal Crossing town. All those assholes telling me they haven't seen me in awhile, all the fucking weeds, Tom Nook on my ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.