Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arc System Works Co., Ltd.

Company »

Arc System Works is a Japanese developer and publisher best known for its 2D fighting games such as BlazBlue and the Guilty Gear franchise.

Are you more excited for BB:CP, P4A2 or GG:Xrd?

• 53 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By FluxWaveZ

Poll Are you more excited for BB:CP, P4A2 or GG:Xrd? (119 votes)

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma 4%
    Persona 4 Arena 2 52%
    Guilty Gear Xrd 34%
    See results 10%

Next year is looking like a pretty great one for high profile, air dash fighting games. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold and Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- are all slated for a 2014 console release (though only BB:CP has been dated inr North America for now). So, which of these are you more excited for?

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma – March 14, 2014
    Persona 4 Arena 2 – Summer 2014
    Guilty Gear Xrd – 2014

I have to go with P4A2 since P4A was the first fighting game I got serious with, because I love Persona itself and because I want to see the story. I'm also really excited for Xrd, though, since it's probably the most beautiful fighting game I've ever seen and because it's inherently attractive as a next generation fighting game.

I imported BB:CP, but I can't say I'm anywhere near as excited for it as I am the two other games. I don't care much about the story and there's nothing that really attracts me to the game itself. I kind of have a feeling that, out of the three, BB:CP will be the least popular game in North America, but that remains to be seen, obviously.

• 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@sammo21 said:

@hailinel: That I think its lazy and would actually actively persuade me away from playing the mode. I expect and don't mind reading in RPGs but not in an arcade/story mode of a fighting game. I was mentioning that because its the game's approach to a story and its one I think detracts from the game.

It's not lazy; it's just the style of presentation that the game uses. And for me, it was far more affecting than Mortal Kombat or Injustice.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By MikeFightNight

I’m most looking forward to Guilty Gear XRD! No surprise there for people that know me.

I look forward to playing around and seeing what they changed in P4A2 when that comes out. I had some issues with the first one but had a lot of fun with it in the end. I didn't finish P4A's story but enjoyed most of it. Even if parts did feel long winded. If I didn't know the characters from the RPGs I wouldn't have gave the story a chance.

I already own the Japanese version of BBCP. If you told past me from a year ago I would be “importing” a BlazBlue game I would have told you to kindly fuck off. I played the first BlazBlue CT years ago when it came out and hated it. As I continued to play more FGs I began to appreciate the genre and developed an open mind towards all FGs.

It wasn’t until I started Causal Fight Night and befriended some FG players here on the forums that I met @esrever who coerced me into buying BB extend. I could see a lot had changed since playing CT those years ago. I did not like the aesthetic of BB. I did not like any character designs and found the soundtrack forgettable. I picked my main in extend because he could turn into a wolf. Yes. A fucking wolf! That one thing alone got me to play the game and as I saw/fought more characters their unappealing exterior became overshadowed by their imaginative play style.

Now, I still don’t love the aesthetic. I still think a lot of characters look dumb. The soundtrack is not Guilty Gear but I wouldn’t want it to be. What has changed is my understanding that all those things make BB what it is. Thinking like that it all makes sense. I have built an appreciation for the fighting game under it all.

As for BBCP story I couldn’t care less and will not be buying the NA release. Besides, if I get an inclining to know how Litchi gets her power from a panda in her hair I can ask @esrever

Now Guilty Gear. I love everything about it. I play Guilty Gear. Not as much now with other games coming out but I have slowly been getting back into it. I play Guilty Gear. If everyone who mentioned Guilty Gear as their favourite FG or put it on a pillar when asked about what "anime" FG they want to see at EVO or the people that rock GG avatars but never touch the game actually played it, the player base would be huge. I play Guilty Gear and am not an expert at it. You don't need to be to enjoy it.

I know that from the outside looking in GG doesn't seem like an easy game to get into. I was once there too, The latest version Guilty Gear xx Accent Core Plus has been out in some form for around six years. The latest free balance patch update,+R has been out for more then a year in Japanese arcades and is out or coming out soon in NA. I've heard people use jargon from the game like FRCs as if they were some fabled high tier mechanic that made GG deep and complex as to keep new players away. Fuck those people. Those people are the reason why people shy away from the game. You don't need FRCs to do well.

GG is like any other FG. You can pick it up and play it with someone of equal skill level and have a lot of fun. The pace and control you get with GG is like nothing else. It's a feeling I've heard from other players new to the game also. It just feels right.

If you are new to GG or a current player and want to learn more I recommend checking out IAD-TV on youtube. Klaige's show is very focused on bringing in new players to the game, talking about basic system mechanics with later episodes geared at more intermediate tactics.

Another still ongoing series on youtube is called Guilty Bits. Each episode is a short primer to get you on the right path with a specific character. They actually just did a short episode on FRCs (Force Roman Cancels.) They can explain it much better than me.

It also doesn't help that both current versions of Guilty Gear lack online group lobbies. I have had good to great connections with other players so don't worry about that part of it.

Even with lack of online options, questionable PR tactics and information on when +R will be released on NA PSN (currently it's out on XBLA) I come back to GG time and time again because I can't get the same feeling it provides from any other FG. From what I've seen and heard XRD looks very similar and is keeping a lot of core mechanics the same. I can't wait for it to come out.

And if you own GGxxACP on PSN and want to play some friendly matches, add me MikeFightNight.

Let's Rock.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd say XRD but I'm really looking forward to playing P4A again. The guilty gear scene is rather big here and it's a standard in tournaments so I wouldn't mind a new game. On the other hand P4A is almost dead but it's one of my favorite newer fighting games. I have BBCP and the game is ok but I dislike low damage and some characters seem a bit dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.