Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ARK: Survival Evolved

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

A multiplayer first-person survival game set in a world populated by dinosaurs.

I think we can all agree this is the most overlooked game of 2017

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Coming off the Game of the Year Deliberations, I think we can all agree on one thing. ARK got massively overlooked and because why? Because it's a rock solid game.

Let me rip into some shit here.

1. PUBG? Best multiplayer experience? Yeah? When you drop into PUBG, have any of your friends showed up riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex? BOOM! Lawyered.

2. Mario has a T-Rex? ARK has dozens! BOOM! Lawyered.

3. Legend of Zelda has dragons?! ARK has Wyverns which I'm sure are Dragons, but I'm not sure. BOOM! Lawyered.

4. Nier has sexy robots who tells a story? Well, not much here, but I can get robot gear for my T-Rex and I can dress as a sexy lady.....so.......BOOOM! Lawyered.

5. Cuphead? ................You fight goddamn dinosaurs. Lawyered.

5. Destiny? Sure Destiny runs right and doesn't lock up and require it's own servers and guns are better.......but......I GET TO RIDE A T-REX! Lawyered.

6. Dream Daddy? If you honestly need an explanation......ok. You tame dinos and fight other dinos. It's a total test of manliness! Beefcake! BEEFY! Lawyered

7. Assassin's Creed - Well, i'm not a sissy, i attack dinos face to face. Lawyered

8. Wolfenstein - Look, I'm all about killin Nazi's. But I'd rather kill Nazi's ontop of a T-Rex. Lawyered

Look. I know we all as a Giant Bomb Team are pissed about ARK being overlooked. But we can voice our opinion right?! Damnit! ARK is a real game!

Let's get fired up and I expect nobody to support this, but I felt the need to write it.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure, you can voice your opinion! I'm sure there is some fun to be had, but the game looks like trash so I feel NO pull to ever try it. You were right, I can not support your enthuiasm on this one.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

I mean yeah, if you want to get fucked over with DLC before the game even left early access I would agree.

In a world where Rust exists, the only reason to play Ark is to have less fun while riding a dinosaur.

Edit: Lawyered

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ark is a monumental game for me. The first and only game I was reimbursed on steam.

I heard great anecdotes but the game was a power point in terms for FPS and it wasn’t lag my ping was about 75 or so. And my hardware is more than enough even if I ran it on it’s lowest settings.

But glad you enjoyed it. There was a lot of work put into it

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Didn't this game come out 5 years ago...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I see ARK I'm reminded that it actually came out and then forget that fact seconds later.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Gravity Rush 2 is the only game I felt was legitimately overlooked.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

2017’s most overlooked game is Saints Row 3.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to address this and it hurts me to do so.

Ark is a great game and it's fun TO ME with friends. But I need to admit something. I wrote this as sattire. I know nobody will like this game like I do. But if a dating sim can be in the game of the year, I was hoping maybe ARK would. As it's a better game.

but I'm not that loyal to this game. It's fun, but it's okay if you are mad about me suggesting it.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Just wouldn't hang, dawg.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Takes all kinds, I guess. I assumed everyone kind of moved on from ARK after all the issues it seemed to be having and the release of similar games.

2017’s most overlooked game is Saints Row 3.

If by that you mean Mass Effect 2 is the Saints Row 3 of 2017, sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.