- Height: 6' 2"
- Weight: 155 lbs
- Hair: Red
- Eyes: Green
Artemis was created in 1994 by writer William Messner-Loebs and artist Mike Deodato when they were working as the creative team of Wonder Woman vol. 2. Because Wonder Woman's true name was Diana (the Roman name for the goddess of the moon and the hunt), Artemis was intentionally given the Greek name of the same goddess in order to link the two women and show that they were "two sides of the same coin." Artemis was envisioned as being far more aggressive and warlike than Diana and had fiery red hair to further help differentiate the two. Deodato based Artemis' appearance on the Wildstorm character Zealot and gave her the same long flowing-topknot hairstyle.
Queen Hippolyta, ruler of Themyscira, Queen of the Amazons and Mother of Wonder Woman.
Princess Diana, Wonder Woman and the daughter of Queen Hippolyta.
Donna Troy, the first Wonder Girl and member of the Titans of Myth, Queen Hippolyta's adopted daughter, Wonder Woman's adopted little sister.
Cassandra Sandsmark, the second Wonder Girl, daughter of Zeus. Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl have the same father that being Zeus, making them both half-sisters.
Steve Trevor, love interest to Wonder Woman, first man on Themyscira and honorary Amazon.
Powers and Abilities
Artemis has peak human level strength, speed and reflexes. She is a master hand-to-hand fighter combining many assimilated fighting techniques and is a weapons expert in both the use and manufacturing of weapons (favoring bow and arrows, but ranging from blades to automatic weapons.
- Superhuman Strength: Artemis is able to lift 15 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Artemis's speed is Superhuman.
- Flight: Sandals of Hermes granted Artemis flight.
- Superhuman Durabilit: Artemis's durability is Superhuman
- Enhanced Healing: Artemis's body heals at a superhuman level.
- Superhuman Agility: Artemis's agility is Superhuman.
- Enhanced Senses: All five are on an superhuman level.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Master in high levels of hand-to-hand combat, expertise in a wide array of weapons. Master of all forms of Greek combat, both ancient & modern.
- Shape-shift: disguising herself as others. It is easier for her to do this, when she is disguising herself as someone who is also a woman.
Bow & Arrows preferred.
Somewhat vulnerable to extremely toxic poisons and tranquilizers. Piercing weapons and energy blasts cause minor damage. Her amazon heritage allows her to heal at an amazing rate, and since becoming immortal, her durability has heightened more so.
Artemis makes a cameo appearance as a non-playable character in the 2008 game Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.