Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Artifact

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 28, 2018

A digital collectible card game spin-off of Valve's MOBA game Dota 2. Designed by Richard Garfield, the game combines the mechanics of Garfield's signature card game Magic: The Gathering with elements found in MOBA games.

Valve will broadcast a 128 player Artifact tournament with a $10,000 price pool on Steam.tv this weekend

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

Anyone planning to watch it? It will start at 9AM PST on Saturday and Sunday on Steam.tv.

They also posted a FAQ about the game recently and posted about their API's which is nice. You can share decks via a base64 code string which sounds useful for any CCG.

I'm still curious about this game but I'm not about to buy it just based on that curiosity alone so this tournament will hopefully show the game in a explanatory way. Also the card accusition thing sounds odd, you get 10 card packs with the game and no other way to get more cards besides the steam market or $2 card packs.

Will you pre-order it this weekend if it looks neat? Check out the tournament?

EDIT: Join the group steam chat during the stream: https://s.team/chat/Ko2AnLBp

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Unfortunately, I'm busy today and tomorrow, otherwise I'd definitely be watching the tournament. I'll be checking the VOD's later tonight. But honestly, I'm already sold on the game.

Valve has barely shown any footage since the PAX tournament. They've been revealing a bunch of cards in the past few weeks and it's been kind of annoying not getting to see them in action. It's a draft tournament so we'll probably see more variety in the hero selection than if it were constructed.

@forcen said:

you get 10 card packs with the game and no other way to get more cards besides the steam market or $2 card packs.

You can enter Gauntlets that require tickets(purchased with money) that reward tickets and card packs. You can also enter draft Gauntlets where you keep the cards you draft. And, Valve has explicitly said that they will be limiting the amount people can sell their cards for. We don't know what the ceiling will be on prices but for what it's worth, Reddit has it in their collective head that you'll be able to fill out the commons and uncommons you need for a deck for about 10 bucks. That could be completely off so who knows.

The only thing that I'm really bummed out about in that FAQ is that there is no constructed ladder. I'm not a big fan of draft formats in card games so I don't really care about having to pay to play draft. I would like something to work towards, though. Ya know, as bad as Hearthstone's ladder is, at least I get to see the numbers go up.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go, the tournament is starting.

@hansolol That's something, thanks for pointing it out.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forcen

I made a group chat, join if you plan to watch and want to chat: https://s.team/chat/KHlCp12H link will work for 24 hours. EDIT: updated link for sunday.

All this link does is let you talk with others in a chat room that's NOT full of public stream trolls.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day 2 has started, final day today. Again, if you want to chat while watching then go here: https://s.team/chat/KHlCp12H

I still haven't really grasped the basic gameplay to be honest but that's on me and not the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.