Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

About Subject 16... *SPOILERS!*

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

After both hearing subject 16's message from finishing the Cluster puzzles and translating the achievement that goes with it;   ".. .- -- .- .-.. .. ...- ." translates to "I AM ALIVE." I have come to the conclusion that subject 16 is not dead. That or he has some how found a way to put a ghost of himself into the animus. Ether way I get the feeling that he will continue to play an important role in the story.

Reizarvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Reizarvg
    @wasteguru said:
    " "I AM ALIVE." 

I have come to the conclusion that subject 16 is not dead. "

Your detective skills truly are awe inspiring.

I'm just not going to think about what's going on in the over arching story line. None of it makes any god damn sense and it's completely, utterly, batshit insane. I fucking love it.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Reizarvg: I know, it took me a whole 5 seconds to come up with that theory. 

I too am a big fan of the story being completely insane. Its like the weird mix of Historical events and Matrix like craziness.
    shakra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By shakra

I love this series, but i think they are hinting too hard that you are actually playing as desmonds son who is in the animus having dreams about desmond having dreams about ezio having dreams about christina.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

@Reizarvg said:
    " @wasteguru said:
    " "I AM ALIVE." 

Your detective skills truly are awe inspiring. 

HAHAHAHA!
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By jeff

Does this mean that the supposedly upcoming Ubi game, I Am Alive, is really just AC3?!!!!?!?!!?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

When he says that she is bit who she says she is, is it lucy or Minerva?

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Teran
    @shakra said:
    " I love this series, but i think they are hinting too hard that you are actually playing as desmonds son who is in the animus having dreams about desmond having dreams about ezio having dreams about christina. "
    That would be a little redundant I think.  Desmond is not the son of either Altair or Ezio but rather a more distant relative.  Unless they plan to go super sci-fi on us I doubt there's more to it than simply Desmond using the animus. 

Anything is possible, but I think if this were the case we would have had Desmond having a family implied by now
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeShawn2ks
    @wasteguru:  I like to think that Subject 16 is Desmonds dad and Desmond will learn this by playing as his dad.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Jeff said:
    " Does this mean that the supposedly upcoming Ubi game, I Am Alive, is really just AC3?!!!!?!?!!? "
    No! It will tell the story of how Abstergo caused an earthquake in Chicago just to kidnap Subject 16 and how he knew they were coming for him so he tried to escape the torn city but is captured in the end! It's better then just kidnapping someone. That's boring.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Gaff
    @DeShawn2ks I like to think that the Assassins were already on the brink of defeat in the Seventies. So they started a clandestine operation to breed a super assassin. Through the Super Baby formula one got the recessive genes and the other got the dominant genes: one being Desmond, the other Subject 16. Etcetera, etcetera.

At least that would explain the rampant MGS references in AC!
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Reizarvg said:
    " @wasteguru said:
    " "I AM ALIVE." 

Your detective skills truly are awe inspiring.  I'm just not going to think about what's going on in the over arching story line. None of it makes any god damn sense and it's completely, utterly, batshit insane. I fucking love it. "

nice job sherlock ;) 
    I don't really understand anything anymore. According to the puzzles, such people as John Meynard Keynes, Georg W. Bush, Pinochet and Sarah Palin are all part of Abstergo or related to them ? The only things the puzzles made me want to do was destroy Abstergo even more because their shit wasn't making any sense. 
    I bet subject 16 is really dead and only exists inside the animus, which would explain all the talk about him being lonely and wanting to die. 
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Yanngc33: The animus is confusing when it comes to it's functionality, is desmond only witnessing what his ancestors did? Is he actually being his ancestors while he is in the animus and if so why is it that he has free reign on running around but he can't actually speak?
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Arbie
    @Rawrnosaurous: I think he's witnessing it. Which is why if you don't do something the way Ezio did you don't get 100% sync.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By FLStyle
    @Erzs said:
    " @Rawrnosaurous: I think he's witnessing it. Which is why if you don't do something the way Ezio did you don't get 100% sync. "
    Sounds about right to me. And Subject 16 must have 100% sync with loads of his ancestors for him to go crazy in the real world and have a digital version of himself in the animus world.
    eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By eristocrat

I just finished this stuff today and, yeah, I guess I liked the reward for getting all the glyphs in ACII better but this was acceptably fucked up and trippy. 

jlanzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By jlanzer
    @Gaff:  you do realize dwarfism is a dominant gene, along with some other genetic handicaps.  it's not about dominant or recessive genes, but isolating which ones are ideal for an assassin is what you're getting at.  That was MGS's major flaw in my mind explaining that part of liquid and solid's relationship.

I do like the idea as you actually being the son of desmond playing his memories as well as ezio's and altair's.  Subject 16's shit is crazy, but that part with desmond being controlled by Juno at the end was by far the most eye opening scene.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Subject 16 talks exactly like nolan north. Not sure if that means anything, maybe he's desmond's dad.

Kaishou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kaishou
    @HitmanAgent47:  I would've thought William.M, the person who been emailing lucy is Desmond's dad. Then again there a chance that hes not but still raises the question on why Ubisoft chose M out of all the letter. Too bad I dont have anything to say about Subject 16 :(
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

Ack. No, the Animus isn't Desmond simply 'witnessing' these memories, he takes part in them and has to act them out. It's the whole justification for the game's mechanics, you are essentially playing as a dude who is 'playing' his ancestor in a crazy-ass computer's recronstruction of his genetic memories. By playing the game you are essentially playing Desmond's role inside the Animus. Desmond controls what his ancestor does inside these memory constructions just as you do. What goes on in the cutscenes would be the only thing that is merely witnessed by Desmond. The whole synchronisation concept is based entirely on Desmond doing what his ancestor did, with 100% synchronisation coming closest to Ezio's actual actions.

The Animus creates a recronstruction of a world based on the memories interpreted in the subject's DNA. The subject can move about this world freely (unless there is an area that there is no memory of in that period of time) and access specific memories. It's to be presumed that Desmond controls his ancestor through these memories in a third person perspective. The basic concept is that what you see and do in Assassin's Creed is what Desmond is seeing and doing in the Animus, because you control Desmond, and Desmond is controlling Ezio. *cue trombone* The reason Desmond can't make Ezio speak at will is simply because that functionality does not exist in the Animus. This is probably because if he could speak he'd be either talking to constructs of specific memories so they wouldn't exactly have anything to say (other than what they have already said to Ezio himself) or talking to random pedestrians that are basically just a population created by the Animus, there would simply be nothing to be gained from such an ability.

Anyway, bottom line is if Desmond were merely witnessing these events Assassin's Creed would be a movie. Or it would be a game where you control Desmond up until he lies back in the Animus and then plays a series of cutscenes.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By FLStyle
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

Subject 16 talks exactly like nolan north. Not sure if that means anything, maybe he's desmond's dad.

"
    Incorrect, Cam Clarke AKA Liquid Snake AKA Leonardo in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, voices Subject 16.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.