Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

The day I've been waiting for is finally here

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

The ESRB's summary of assassin's creed 2  and it's amazing

Players "relive" the life of an assassin during the Italian Renaissance in this open-world action adventure game. The goal is to exact revenge upon conspirators who have framed and executed loved ones; the goal is to be accomplished through assassination. As players roam the crowded streets of Florence, Italy, they can creep through catacombs and corridors, undertake diverse side-missions, and tail-and-assassinate all manner of human targets—politicians, Templar soldiers, conspirators. Players can also brawl with family rivals or engage in sword fights with Templar soldiers, but in most cases, they use stealth techniques to complete the mission; for example, players can sneak up on enemies from behind and kill them with hidden daggers, poisoned daggers, spring-activated blades, and swords. When blades connect, blood shoots out in a fountain-like manner as targets groan or scream. These stealth-kills are sometimes depicted close-up and are somewhatgraphic: the camera follows the "herky-jerky" thrusts of the blade; the player hears a distinctly "wet" flesh-impact sound. The most graphic depictions of violence occur during cinematic cutscenes (the following two scenes do not involve players' character): A businessman, crawling away from a Templar leader, gets pinned to the ground by a sword through his neck; a young nobleman is ambushed by rivals, begs for mercy, then gets stabbed multiple times in the chest amid screams of "Muori! Mouri! Mouri!" [Die! Die! Die!]. A short live-action movie (i.e., not animated) is included with the game. During a dramatic sword fight, an enemy's throat gets slashed—exposing a wide gash in his neck—as the body flails in front of the camera. The spurts and sprays of blood that accompany some of the stabbing attacks can be intense.

The game contains strong sexual overtones. During one "seduction mini-game," players are able to press buttons to kiss a woman and remove her dress; with the woman's back facing the camera, the two characters lower to bed and blow out a candle. Some scenes take place inside brothels, though no nudity or sexual acts are depicted. The dialogue contains the following sexual references: "So the whip or the paddle today?" and "Does your wife know about your page-boy fantasies, Captain?" Character backstories, narrated through still-frame vignettes, explain how villains and historical figures achieved their notoriety; some biographies include references to adultery, sodomy, prostitution, and rape (e.g., "Caterina was captured and sent to Rodrigo Borgia . . . who kept her imprisoned for a year and is rumored to have raped her alongside his son."). One cutscene depicts a man and a woman wearing translucent, flesh-toned bodysuits as they flee from danger. The digitized lighting effects, the glow from their futuristic suits, obscure most of the details, though outlinesof breasts and buttocks are partially discernable (i.e., not definitively nudity). Consumers may also wish to know that the game contains strong profanity, both in English and Italian (e.g., "f**k," "sh*t," c*zzo," and "m*rda"); the most explicit instance occurs when a man frantically describes a "vision"—"I'm at the opera . . . the soprano is so beautiful . . . I'm in bed with her, she cries as I f**k her."

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

read the 2nd paragraph if you scare of wall of text

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Evilsbane

Awesome I love ESRB descriptions.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

I wasn't sure if the ESRB would deliver, but they made a winner here!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

Must... play... NOW

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude
    Kotaku reads better.

The game contains strong sexual overtones. During one "seduction mini-game," players are able to press buttons to kiss a woman and remove her dress; with the woman's back facing the camera, the two characters lower to bed and blow out a candle. Some scenes take place inside brothels, though no nudity or sexual acts are depicted. The dialogue contains the following sexual references: "So the whip or the paddle today?" and "Does your wife know about your page-boy fantasies, Captain?"

Character backstories, narrated through still-frame vignettes, explain how villains and historical figures achieved their notoriety; some biographies include references to adultery, sodomy, prostitution, and rape (e.g., "Caterina was captured and sent to Rodrigo Borgia . . . who kept her imprisoned for a year and is rumored to have raped her alongside his son.").

One cutscene depicts a man and a woman wearing translucent, flesh-toned bodysuits as they flee from danger. The digitized lighting effects, the glow from their futuristic suits, obscure most of the details, though outlines of breasts and buttocks are partially discernable (i.e., not definitively nudity).

Consumers may also wish to know that the game contains strong profanity, both in English and Italian (e.g., "f**k," "sh*t," c*zzo," and "m*rda"); the most explicit instance occurs when a man frantically describes a "vision"-"I'm at the opera . . . the soprano is so beautiful . . . I'm in bed with her, she cries as I f**k her."

I like all the good stuff.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ArchScabby

The day you've been waiting for, your entire life, is the day a description of a game you can't play yet show up online?  That's really weird.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60

Don't you just love the ESRB?

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MrSnow

Oh my god i would to of seen the one for Gta Sa if Assassins creed 2 is that bad/good

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maxszy
    @MrSnow said:
    " Oh my god i would to of seen the one for Gta Sa if Assassins creed 2 is that bad/good "
    I'm sorry, but what?

As to the topic at hand... oh the ESRB.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrSnow
    @Maxszy:
    That esrb thing made assassins creed 2 sound relly violent and sexual.
    Now imagine the esrb  thing for grand theft auto san andreares.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @MrSnow said:
    " @Maxszy: That esrb thing made assassins creed 2 sound relly violent and sexual. Now imagine the esrb  thing for grand theft auto san andreares. "
    Unfortunately, it's not going to be as sexual as most would depict it to be.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrSnow
    @Alphiehyr: Damn esrb.
    RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RipTheVeins

That was pretty awesome, but my personal favorite ESRB description was for Brutal Legend... Christ.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ESRB are comedians and this is pretty good 

bradgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By bradgrace

"players are able to press buttons to kiss a woman and remove her dress"

I'm sorry, but this sounds retarded. I hate quick time events, unless they're tastefully done and briefly interjected into a frantic pacing like in God of War. Otherwise, it's just a lame, gimmicky interaction that actually takes away from story, gameplay, and immersion. Even Resident Evil 5 suffered from a lot of arbitrary quick time events that just evoked an audible "ugh" from me while playing.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is there a wiki page on sex QTEs yet? Between this and God of War maybe there needs to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.