Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

Don't worry about Ezio

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Waffles13

So I'm about 3 hours into this game (No spoilers, don't worry), and I just want to say that the fact that this game is again about Ezio shouldn't have anyone up in arms. Yes, on the surface it seems like a cheap cash grab, but in the actual game there is so little to do with the previous that it feels all new. Yes, Ezio's still Italian and he writes letters to Claudia, but apart from that I haven't seen any other character from the previous games (apart from the Desmond story stuff, obviously). On top of that, having Ezio be a well known and skilled Assassin makes this game start much more quickly and elegantly; rather than introduce a new character (even if he was already fully trained) and show his place in the world would really bog down the first few hours of the game. Instead, the second Ezio gets to Constantinople he is recognized and starts learning new things, like the hookblade and bomb making, instead of retreading the things he already has.

In other news, the hookblade is totally kickass. It definitely seems like Ubisoft was trying to make the traversal even faster, and with the hook you can move vertically in significantly less time than before, and things like ziplines go a long way to cover long distances without fast travelling.

Again, I'm still in the early stages of the game, and for all I know the next ten hours will take place in Rome. But at this point, I'm really liking what I'm playing and have no issues with the reuse of Ezio.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Wait. People had issues with Ezio being in this one? Huh. Those people must have been dropped on their heads repeatedly at birth, because the story they've been unfolding with Ezio's games has been fan-fucking-tastic.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Waffles13
    @jakob187 said:

Wait. People had issues with Ezio being in this one? Huh. Those people must have been dropped on their heads repeatedly at birth, because the story they've been unfolding with Ezio's games has been fan-fucking-tastic.

Absolutely, it just seems like after announcement and even relatively recently I've seen a lot of mild unrest from video comments and even the Bomb guys about how they expected that every AC game should have a different protagonist, and the whole "trilogy within a trilogy" concept. Figured I'd clear the airwaves a bit and say that apart from the single character and overarching story, there is nothing (thus far) to link it to the past Ezio games (in a good way).
    RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedRoach

@Waffles13 said:

Instead, the second Ezio gets to Constantinople he is recognized and starts learning new things.

...I don't think that's a good thing considering he's an assassin. Anyway I'm glad Ezio's back, I've loved him as a character and his story since two.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna

I don't mind playing as Ezio again, especially when he's an old badass assassin.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Waffles13
    @Jason_Bourne: He's recognized by another assassin, so 'sall good.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Commisar123

I'm still tired of Ezio, I get people like him, but frankly I haven't cared about his since the end of Assassin's Creed 2.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Waffles13
    @Commisar123 said:

I'm still tired of Ezio, I get people like him, but frankly I haven't cared about his since the end of Assassin's Creed 2.

With such a different environment and look he's barely recognizable as Ezio. On top of that, the game gives him the closure he deserves so that if you ever liked him as a protagonist, it's worth just seeing him through to the end.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm not worried because Ezio died 460 years ago.

Unless the ending is Ezio getting frozen in a stasis container until Assassin's Creed 3, along with Altair, and then AC3 is three player co-op with Altair, Ezio and Desmond. Fuck, that would be awesome.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

@Brodehouse said:

I'm not worried because Ezio died 460 years ago. Unless the ending is Ezio getting frozen in a stasis container until Assassin's Creed 3, along with Altair, and then AC3 is three player co-op with Altair, Ezio and Desmond. Fuck, that would be awesome.

Damn it. No matter what Ubisoft does with Assassin's Creed 3, it will never be as awesome as this.

Mercot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Mercot

Anyone else getting really distracted by the changes to Desmond/Ezio's facial structure? The new textures and animations are fine, but I much prefer the old models. The new face just doesn't look like the characters we've connected with for the past 2-3 games.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

@jakob187 said:

Yeah but the problem is in Assassin's Creed II, they flat out state that Ezio is no longer important as a character, his purpose was served in delivering the message to desmond in the future. Then they go and make two more games starring someone who has supposedly played his part, so there's no real stakes there. You know the templar have taken over in the future, so what's the fun in playing a losing war? The borgia stuff in brotherhood was fine as a personal revenge story or whatever, but Ezio's personal stakes in revelations is little-to-none. Could have been any assassin that stumbled into Masyaf and set off to find the keys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.