Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Favorite Assassin's Creed Game? (SPOILERS!)

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Favorite Assassin's Creed Game? (SPOILERS!) (70 votes)

Assassin's Creed 9%
    Assassin's Creed II 40%
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 21%
    Assassin's Creed Revelations 1%
    Assassin's Creed III 7%
    Assassin's Creed IV 20%
    Assassin's Creed Liberation 0%
    Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry 0%
    Assassin's Creed Bloodlines 0%
    Other 1%

AC is a great series. All of the games are unique and are the best and the worst in their own ways. AC(I) started it all, had a great twist, ACII had a great story, introduced new gameplay mechanics and had great missions, ACB was also the same case, ACR introduced new gameplay elements such as bomb crafting, and had as play as two LEGENDARY assassins, ACIII reinvented the gameplay and introduced a new hunting system, ACIV enhanced the naval combat. Bloodlines, Freedom Cry and Liberation are also great games in their own rights.

So, which one is your favourite AC game? Mine would have to be ACII or ACB, but I'd love to hear your opinions. Please vote and comment on why you made your choices. THANKS.

Miko1222

• 
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

Ass Creed 2, it set the foundation for a non shitty AC. Going from ac1 to ac2 was like going from shit to gold. Also it introduced Ezio who is a amazing character.

I also think Brotherhood is fantastic.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't really decide between AC2 and ACB, but I picked ACB.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan:

Yeah. I feel the accept. Accept I went with ACII.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I only played ACII and Brotherhood. I was indifferent about them both. I don't think ACII was good enough to warrant playing another full game. Then I got Brotherhood for Christmas so I played it anyway. It is definitely worse. They managed to make Rome feel like a small, poor slum town.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Assassin's Creed will always have a special place in my heart, and I will remember the middle ages setting and Altair with fond feelings, but Assassin's Creed 2 is the masterpiece of this franchise.

AC2 Italy was mindblowing, the atmosphere is too much, and Ezio's story of betrayal and revenge was perfect.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I've 100%ed all of the main games (except Liberation, which isn't really a main game... is it?), and can safely say that 3 is my favorite. I love the village, the setting, the trees climbing, the hunting, the era... everything. The only thing it didn't have for me was super tall buildings to climb but the trees made up for that.

Also I have yet to play 4 but only because I don't have access to a console this year. Will definitely pick it up as soon as I get back to NA.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xyzygy said:

I've 100%ed all of the main games (except Liberation, which isn't really a main game... is it?), and can safely say that 3 is my favorite. I love the village, the setting, the trees climbing, the hunting, the era... everything. The only thing it didn't have for me was super tall buildings to climb but the trees made up for that.

Also I have yet to play 4 but only because I don't have access to a console this year. Will definitely pick it up as soon as I get back to NA.

I recently 100% Liberation HD, and its pretty worth playing I think. At least for the Citizen E, and the interesting setting and stuff.

I'd say that Brotherhood is my favorite, but III is a close 2nd. I'd say IV is a better game in every which way. I.e. its gorgeous on XONE, etc. The rain for sure. But I like III's Native American atmosphere, and a snow setting a bit more.

Interestingly enough, I found this video of dialogue that was supposedly cut from III, but was included in the audiobook I think. It would of totally tie up III a little more, but oh well. I thought it was worth listening to, anyway.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZolRoyce

AC2 really got the gameplay down juuuuuust riiiiight, but AC1 is my favorite, I still kind of cared about the storyline in that one, there was a nice mystery behind everything, but then the rest of the games came along and tried to explain away the storyline with just... really dumb crap and I don't care anymore.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrfluke

i actually might say AC4, but AC2 and brotherhood are good choices

and revelations had some of the best story bits in the series fuck yall.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce:

Yeah, ACI did have a great story, but didn't you find it repetitive?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miko1222: Oh for sure it did get repetitive eventually, scope out an area, get info on target, kill target, rinse and repeat.
    But I'm at a stage right now where I find story to be more important to me in my enjoyment of a game over gameplay. Not that I'll cast aside a game that has better gameplay then storyline but story is on top for me.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd say Brotherhood. I haven't played Black Flag, but even though it looks a lot better than III, I doubt I'd rate it over Brothehood.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By handlas

Brotherhood.

Feels like I've burnt out on AC after 2 and Brotherhood. I feel like I recognize Black Flag is the best game in the series yet I have no desire to keep playing it. I haven't touched it in a month or so and I'm not very far into it. So with them releasing the trailer of the next AC... it did nothing for me.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Probably AC 2, but very closely followed by Black Flag.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy

@blu3v3nom07: Awesome, I'm gonna have a ton of Assassin's Creed waiting for me when I get back :)

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Flag dethroned Brotherhood.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AC II just blew my mind at the time. It was everything I wanted in a video game and it was done right. All the AC's that came after ,though still good, didn't really reinvent the wheel the way two did for me. Fantastic game. Also, the twist in the story was all the way up my alley and none of the other AC twists really reached the heights of two's ending moment. So yeah, its two all the way for me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

2 and Brotherhood were the best followed by Revalations.

Once the games left the large cities for the woods and shanty towns of 3 and 4 i lost interest in the series. One of my favorite things about the games was just walking around the cities and looking at all the historical buildings and stuff. 3 and 4 lost this.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce:

Fair enough. I still think it's worth playing.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraknabo:

Brotherhood is one of my favourites too.

Surprised Revelations didn't get much votes.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Oddly enough, now that I think about it I'd have to say 3. That's when the traversal was at its best and the world actually felt like a world, not a series of discrete rumpus rooms like in 4. Combat was actioned up but still had a bit of challenge, and Connor earned points for being a protagonist that wasn't a puckish rogue. Also Charles Lee and Haytham were much more present/compelling as antagonists than anyone else in the series.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Steadying

Out of the ones I've played (1,2,4), IV was the only one that wasn't complete torture to play, so that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.